'Homesick' Ben Hannant may quit Bulldogs

#1 Kemp fan said:
Scotty said:
I disagree broncospwn. Hannant is worth 250-300k tops IMO. And even thats steep for him, he's not THAT good. The quality of younger props in the game is not overly great at the moment and he is one of the best out of them, but money like 400k is what you would be paying the likes of Webcke.

I doubt Webcke got close to 400k TBH, Petro left the broncos to get the big money. The Broncos don't pay overs for props because they continue to develop awesome ones.
The salary cap was 3.1 mill when Webcke was with us, now it's 4.2, not the same situation.
He is worht over 300k without a doubt in my mind. He is 25, a 3-4 year contract he will be 28-29 when he finishes, that is prime time for a forward who is already one of the premier props in the game.

#1 Kemp fan said:
broncospwn said:
He is worth what ever he asks. Stop kidding yourself. On last seasons form he was arguably the best prop in the game and he's only 25 so has plenty of years left in him. If Clinton was on 250k Hannant is worth at least 350k.

your a tool, If Hannant asks for a million is he worth it?? Hannant is not worth more than Petro and Webcke combined so pull your head out of your A$$

LOL a little bit overboard there, but i agree, hannant can stfo.

sounds like a complete tosser. The bulldogs rewarded him massively by offering him a huge contract and now he is going to leave the in trenches because he is feeling 'homesick'. Surely he could have aired these feelings before round 1.

That being said, he is exactly what we need.

ronnyd said:
sounds like a complete tosser. The bulldogs rewarded him massively by offering him a huge contract and now he is going to leave the in trenches because he is feeling 'homesick'. Surely he could have aired these feelings before round 1.

That being said, he is exactly what we need.

Love your work ronny. [icon_lol1.

ronnyd said:

Or some problem has come up and he needs the support of his extended family...or his wife is the one having issues and she didn't mention it earlier...or he thought he would be ok once the season started...etc.

Not my favourite type of player (loyalty-wise) but assuming the Broncos have spare cash this year then they'd be stupid not to give it to him. Where else will it go? But I guess I don't have the issue that some people seem to have with players leaving clubs for money.

We need a prop. He's a quality prop and we should have room under the cap. Got no problems with him chasing the cash, at least he didn't root the whole sport doing it unlike another recent departure.

That being said, I can see him ending up at the Tits. Bailey is looking a bit long in the tooth so surely retirement is on the horizon. If he retires at the end of the year then Hannant is a ready made replacement.

One year deal. If someone better comes along, who can prove they are loyal to the club, cya later Ben.

This would be his 3rd chance within our system, show some fucking loyalty you twat.

Just reading that there may be a player swap involved but i dont know who the Broncos would be willing to swap for Hannant Setu maybe ??? hhmm Hannant back at the Broncos would be awesome totally agree with Broncospwn comments

Loyalty and modern football are unrelated subjects. It's a two way street and neither club nor player owe each other any loyalty. The players are employees and clubs merely employers.It's business and no-one barks when we go somewhere else for better money. Best any reasonable person can expect is that the partings are on good terms.

Be happy to have Hannant back. As to the financial side I think BH would be in a severely weakened bargaining position and the Broncs would get him at a fair price if he came calling. Naturally this is all hypothetical and assumes the Bolldugs release him.

brisbroncosboy said:
Just reading that there may be a player swap involved but i dont know who the Broncos would be willing to swap for Hannant Setu maybe ???

On the Bulldogs forum they are saying.

Setu, Sims & Te'o

Kaz said:
brisbroncosboy said:
Just reading that there may be a player swap involved but i dont know who the Broncos would be willing to swap for Hannant Setu maybe ???

Setu, Sims & Te'o

Those 3 Players for Hannant? LOL come on...

Kaz said:
brisbroncosboy said:

Setu, Sims & Te'o

we certainly wouldn't give up all three for Hannant and nor should we.

Scotty said:
Those 3 Players for Hannant? LOL come on...

They are the players mentioned, don't know if they want the 3 of them.

If he goes to the Titans, these are the players mentioned in a player swap.

Mark Minichiello, Anthony Laffranchi, Luke Bailey, Michael Henderson & Matt White.

They mentioned Thaiday as well.

I have asked them if they are after only one player & not our entire squad.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.