How much is too much for Payne? The saga continues...

What is the maximum per year you would offer Haas?

• Total voters
Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Why are we comparing an edge back rower with a prop?
Perhaps the question is.....
spend the money on Dave
....and tell Payne to go **** himself.

We could cover the Haas loss easily IMO......
and instead have a strike player capable of putting points on the board.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Perhaps the question is.....
spend the money on Dave
....and tell Payne to go **** himself.

We could cover the Haas loss easily IMO......
and instead have a strike player capable of putting points on the board.
I don't think we need backrowers, Middle is more important especially if Haas goes.

Bish

Bish

QCup Player
May 11, 2023
how many clubs can afford to offer him a $million or more?
Perhaps we could sweeten the deal with a packet of Tim Tams, double coat, naturally.

All jokes aside, never had a problem with pro sportsman looking to make as much as they can, it’s a short career. However, the timing is what the issue is. Big game coming up, big finish coming up, finals…..and this can potentially cause issues in/house.

He’s a consistent, reliable player but no player is bigger than the club and we shouldn’t be held to ransom

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
You do realise they don't even play the same position?

But I think Haas is worth atleast 200k more than Fifita assuming he stays at the form he is at this year and doesn't drop off again.

Oh FFS mate !
I do understand that wingers aren`t the best players because they score the most tries . I also understand Fifita and Haas don`t play the same position .

You argue like a child . Straw man BS ....

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Bit rich from Tallis saying that Haas isn’t worth over a million when he is the reason the titans signed Fifita on the ridiculous 1.2m contract years ago.. It’s only this year that Fifita has actually done something and still in my eyes isn’t worth the 1.2m.
Let’s also remember that we have a larger cap, so that equivalent 1.2m next year would be what more like 1.4-1.6m?

Love him or hate him, you cannot for one second question Haas’ attitude on the field. He was the only light for probably 2 or 3 years when we were at the lowest point the clubs ever seen.
Hopefully he stays, and I personally think anything <1.2m with the new cap would be good business.

If he signs elsewhere, we are in strife. That’d be 3 quality representative and in-house developed players that the club would have lost in <12m: Herbie, Fleggs and Payne.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Bit rich from Tallis saying that Haas isn’t worth over a million when he is the reason the titans signed Fifita on the ridiculous 1.2m contract years ago.. It’s only this year that Fifita has actually done something and still in my eyes isn’t worth the 1.2m.
Let’s also remember that we have a larger cap, so that equivalent 1.2m next year would be what more like 1.4-1.6m?

I think the difference between Tits and Broncos situation is that Tits were chasing Tino to attract and build a club. They knew they would not be in premiership contention or have the roster for some time. Its a different business case.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Oh FFS mate !
I do understand that wingers aren`t the best players because they score the most tries . I also understand Fifita and Haas don`t play the same position .

You argue like a child . Straw man BS ....
How is it a straw man? Scoring tries is not a key role of being a middle forward, it was a genuine comparison because Backrowers these days are typically one of the best positions to score tries off and you used Tries as a metric to rate them as a player, Wingers even typically do more runs than Backrowers.

The Truth is it's an irrelevant metric you used to compare them.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
How is it a straw man? Scoring tries is not a key role of being a middle forward, it was a genuine comparison because Backrowers these days are typically one of the best positions to score tries off and you used Tries as a metric to rate them as a player, Wingers even typically do more runs than Backrowers.

The Truth is it's an irrelevant metric you used to compare them.

The truth is that is your opinion , and it differs from mine .

Unread

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Ronald
  • Cavalo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Spoon
  • Old Mate
  • Xzei
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Morkel
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.