How much is too much for Payne? The saga continues...

What is the maximum per year you would offer Haas?

• Total voters

TLDR.

Goes on to say the club is confident they can deliver the first two offering him 1m. Bulldogs, Dragons and Tigers apparently ready to offer 1.1m but he's not interested in going to a shit club.

If the club can deliver the third item, Haas will re-sign.
Quotes from his manager.
“I know several big clubs are keen, everyone has to look at their rosters, but Payne is happy at the Broncos,” his agent Ahmad Merhi said last week.

“Last year when he looked at a release, the Broncos weren’t a finals team, but now they are a serious contender. “If I get an offer from the Broncos I can’t refuse, then we would definitely sign before November 1, but right now it’s in his best interests to wait until November 1.

“Payne is committed to Brisbane and his heart and soul is with them right now.”

View attachment 23097
TLDR.

Goes on to say the club is confident they can deliver the first two offering him 1m. Bulldogs, Dragons and Tigers apparently ready to offer 1.1m but he's not interested in going to a shit club.

Quotes from his manager.
“I know several big clubs are keen, everyone has to look at their rosters, but Payne is happy at the Broncos,” his agent Ahmad Merhi said last week.

“Last year when he looked at a release, the Broncos weren’t a finals team, but now they are a serious contender. “If I get an offer from the Broncos I can’t refuse, then we would definitely sign before November 1, but right now it’s in his best interests to wait until November 1.

Third item?

post career opportunities, help him transition life post-football.

Firstly can we even legally guarantee that.

Secondly, isn't it a tad early for him to be thinking of a career after footy.

I mean we can definitely say we'll look after him then point yo the former Broncos still working around the club ... but putting it in a contract could cause salary cap issues

P.s. we need to take those demands with a grain of salt ... they come from Badel.

The only quotes from Payne's manager are rehashed from what was reported a week ago

Firstly can we even legally guarantee that.

Secondly, isn't it a tad early for him to be thinking of a career after footy.

I mean we can definitely say we'll look after him then point yo the former Broncos still working around the club ... but putting it in a contract could cause salary cap issues
I think only Uncle Nick is allowed to guarantee that... although that guarantee is dependent on the player actually being decent for the rorters.

BSmith currently struggling to get his post rorters career going at the moment

View attachment 23097
TLDR.

Quotes from his manager.

My inside source tells me he's narrowed it down to one condition now:

1. offer too good to refuse.​
Please keep this to yourself.

My inside source tells me he's narrowed it down to one condition now:

1. offer too good to refuse.​
Please keep this to yourself.

At least you've confirmed you are Pete B or hes your source.

At least you've confirmed you are Pete B or hes your source.
My source for all Badel intelligence is @Foordy He has his entire fist around the pulse.

Honestly, if those were his three demands, he would have already re-signed. We are the best club to offer those three things and we would. 1 million a year for say 10 years for Haas is a no brainer but have it without a rachet clause. Also put in something around he can't agitate for a release. This is a risk then for both parties but given how good he is, that would be a risk worth taking for both parties.

If he a) knuckles down and plays at his best and b) behaves and gives businesses a reason to be associated with him, the third one will look after itself.

Honestly, if those were his three demands, he would have already re-signed. We are the best club to offer those three things and we would. 1 million a year for say 10 years for Haas is a no brainer but have it without a rachet clause. Also put in something around he can't agitate for a release. This is a risk then for both parties but given how good he is, that would be a risk worth taking for both parties.
The only so-called "demand" of interest is wanting a career pathway. A highly unusual one at his age, suggesting he's eyeing a very long term contract. At the risk of veering into cynical, I can't take this "list" literally, let alone seriously. It sounds like Badel had a rambling yarn with his agent and tried to pointform something logical out of it.

It wouldn't be any skin off Donut's nose to dangle him an assistant coach role with the forwards, similar to what Darius has with the backs. And from what we've seen with these kind of incentives, they mightn't be worth much anyway. We're talking 10 years down the track. He might be the Palmer United member for Logan by then.

The only so-called "demand" of interest is wanting a career pathway. A highly unusual one at his age, suggesting he's eyeing a very long term contract. At the risk of veering into cynical, I can't take this "list" literally, let alone seriously. It sounds like Badel had a rambling yarn with his agent and tried to pointform something logical out of it.

It wouldn't be any skin off Donut's nose to dangle him an assistant coach role with the forwards, similar to what Darius has with the backs. And from what we've seen with these kind of incentives, they mightn't be worth much anyway. We're talking 10 years down the track. He might be the Palmer United member for Logan by then.

IF this is true, and of course I have the same doubts I always have with Badel articles, this really just sounds like his manager trying to constantly find holes in a very good offer from the Broncs to find something that would try and not be the obvious just want more money angle. But as I say, I am just humouring an article that almost certainly has no basis in reality.

If anyone does have contact with Badel can you pls tell him that he looks like a putrid twink in his new profile picture

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • Pablo
  • Hurrijo
  • Skyblues87
  • Astro
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncoFan94
  • Howie
  • cento
  • Kev_Guz
  • Robboi_321
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • mystico
  • heartly87
  • Dee
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.