How should the club spend 800k?

warriors could do worse than
1 TMM
6 walsh
7 johnson
9 egan

hope TMM signs on for another couple years
Who thought up the doozy of getting Johnson back? That has been an epic fail.

Watch them put a cap on Third parties, having a player as popular as him in a team with the sponsorship reach of the Broncos will probably break the system.
I dont think they can, because that would be a restraint of trade.

If Nike want to give Selwyn $1m a year to wear their shoes and pop up in commercials the NRL cant come in and say "nah sorry Mr. Nike he plays in the NRL and that's not allowed".

Players can earn as much as they want outside of the NRL as long as the club isn't involved with sourcing it.

I'm sure the NRL arent planning to follow all the players on insta to try and document how much each of them are earning as influencers on the platform.

We should spend the 800k on Nathan Brown on the provision that he never applies for the Brisbane coaching job.
Seriously, he has to be one of the worst coaches of the modern era.
I think he is good at coming into a club and just changing shit… Not even at signing the right players cause he probably didn’t at the Warriors either. Just good at coming in and being the catalyst for change. After that he should **** off though. That’s all he knows how to do at a half decent ability everything after that is shit.

Not that I am suggesting we should want him here though.

You might feel differently when the coach's son forces a better player than Jake Turpin out of the club. Billy is doing great right now, but he's only warming a seat. We need to spend more money in the spine, and we need the person we spend it on to be worth that money. A budget spine won't win us a premiership.

Oh god, I've done some research, and you may be right. We might have already spent Milf money getting him here...

Realistically, he'd have to be on a pretty low wage, and at that price he's great value. We do need to spend more money in the spine, granted, but retaining Walters isn't going to affect that. He's depth, Billy knows he's depth, Kevvie knows he's depth, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with being there for depth. It's not like Ikin is about to sign Payne's money over to Billy.

So, really, who is Billy going to be pushing out? Oh no, what if we lose Tyrone Roberts!

Te Maire.

Can't see it happening. I'd say it's far more likely that TMM leaves for family reasons or to get a shot in the halves somewhere else than because he's behind Walters on the back-up halves depth chart. I imagine it's also unlikely given they each cover different positions outside of five-eighth, since TMM covers fullback and Billy covers hooker. Smarter to try and keep them both, and say see you later to Albert Kelly or Tyrone Roberts, who you'd argue offer less than either of them.

We should spend the 800k on Nathan Brown on the provision that he never applies for the Brisbane coaching job.
Seriously, he has to be one of the worst coaches of the modern era.
He is a shithouse version of Brian Smith. Like Smith, he's called into clubs to help sort it out and get them back on track.

Unlike Smith however, he can't even manage that. At least Smith could make grand finals.

I'm with you, I honestly have no idea how he gets a gig. Choked with the dragons with arguably their best squad of the last 20 years (premiership years included), what was it with the Knights, 3 wins in 2 years? Something like the holocaust anyway.

And now the Warriors.

He is a shithouse version of Brian Smith. Like Smith, he's called into clubs to help sort it out and get them back on track.

Unlike Smith however, he can't even manage that. At least Smith could make grand finals.

I'm with you, I honestly have no idea how he gets a gig. Choked with the dragons with arguably their best squad of the last 20 years (premiership years included), what was it with the Knights, 3 wins in 2 years? Something like the holocaust anyway.

And now the Warriors.
Powerpoint presentations obviously.

And now the Warriors.

Was only looking into his track record the other day.....it speaks for itself.

Nathan Brown could possibly be the worst coach in RL history.....

What's the contract situation with Cotter?
thats a player I wouldn't mind getting in place of Haas as well.

Extended at the end of last year- great timing by Cows.

He’s such a good bloke and story. Three ACL and they stuck with him.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Brotherdu
  • Wolfie
  • Ejbroncos
  • Bish
  • Tim K
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • broncsgoat
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.