Hypothetical new coach in 2011?

nopatience101 said:
rnabokov said:
Stuart IS a very good coach.

This is hypothetical. We will have Henhouse.

That being said, the best coach we could possibly have is Big Mal.
its really not, coaching for 3 games a year is a little different to coaching for 24+ games a year, Mal is great for origin but he didn't have the best record coaching Canberra.

Sticky can coach but i would have concerns over his player recruitment if the Sharks are anything to go by.

Have you heard anything mate? You usually seem to know a few 'insider' things. :mrgreen:

Oh, look at this comment on that article:

Fozz of Brisbane Posted at 12:45 AM Today

Henjak has been horrible. I do not have any faith in him at all.

Comment 3 of 12

[icon_lol1.

THE Broncos have denied reports they are set to dump coach Ivan Henjak within days with former Test coach Ricky Stuart to replace him.

On Channel Nine's Sunday Roast this morning, host Andrew Voss said his "mail" was that Henjak's contract would be terminated.

"Ricky Stuart will be coaching the Broncos next year," Voss said.

A Broncos' insider said Voss's comments were 'garbage'.

Rumours have persisted that the Broncos players are not happy with Henjak's methods and with Brisbane missing the finals for the first time since 1991 the pressure has grown on Wayne Bennett's successor.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5914380341

I'd much rather Henjak over Stuart, although it is hard to gauge Stuart's performance at the Sharks with all the off-field crap he had to deal with that he wouldn't have to at the Broncos.

I dunno why people are using Stuarts lack of recruitment at the sharks as a reason not to sign him.

It's not like the Sharks were an attractive proposition before Stuart arrived? Not sure why people can't see that?

And it's not like Inglis or Hannant signed for Brisbane because Henjak was coaching?

One thing that does bother me though, is that I don't want Brisbane to become a Real Madrid if you will.

Sure, we expect success to a degree and have become accustomed to it, but we were always going to miss the finals one year and so be it, this is it. I just hope if we DO give Henjak the arse, it's for the right reasons (lack of man-management, etc).

Despite Ivan's mistakes this year and last year, I don't want to see him given the sack just yet. Nobody was predicting we would make the top 8 this year anyway and if Lockyer stays fit, we would have, and wouldn't be having this discussion.

Next year, he has the best on paper team the Broncos have had since 2006. Like Rocky said in another thread, that is his test. That squad should be automatic top 4, so if Ivan can't get us there next year, then it is time for a real hard look. But for now I want to see him retained.

And if he was sacked, I can't think of anyone to take his place unless Bellamy wanted to leave the Storm.

Bucking Beads said:
[quote="The Rock":1qj6ehra]It'll be an absolute disgrace if we have a new coach for 2011. It's obvious that a rookie coach has a bit to learn so he's not going to get everything right. Giving him 2 years on the job is not enough. I'm happy to give him until the end of next year. After 3 years we'll have a good idea on whether he's the man to take us long term.

But considering this is hypothetical - I'd LOVE to have Ricky Stuart. He'd straighten up our defence.

Ricky would help with our defence but I'd be concerend about what he would do to the club TBH. Very good coach though.[/quote:1qj6ehra]
Stuart a very good coach, WTF??????? Am I missing something??? Took over the Roosters side, won a premiership, yes, however they had at that stage by far the best team, considering they were in 2 previous GF's. The only think he did with tham after that is get them to the spoon. Same with the Sharks, they used to be contenders and under Stuart the only thing they were in contention for was the spoon, possibly the worst coach I have seen.

The day he takes over is the day I support another team.

if you are going to sign a coach that the majority of your fan base and (state for that matter) detests, you should sign Phil Gould. as much as i hate that guy at least he knows how to coach.

I don't think any Broncos supporters would be adverse to signing Phil...

Nathan Brown would be another good choice, he was thrown into a gig too early in his career however I think he has blossomed into a great coach over in the ESL.

TBH as long as Henjack maintains the support of the senior players things are fine. As soon as that is gone, either his or some players positions are untenable. IMO this whole thing will turn out to be a storm in a tea cup. It's a fine line however between professional conflict and allowing the players too much power.

The coach I would like to see at the helm is John Cartwright, the Gold Coast seems to have a good harmony and tough approach, can we get gilmeister back while we are at it. Sadly it will never happen though.

I hate the way Henjak has a flat attack style, it doesnt work under pressure, ever. If his man management is terrible too then I am happy to have Stuart.

Have never been a fan of Stuart just because he has such strong ties to NSW and always thought of him as the enemey, but apart from that if he is good at man management then Im happy.

Jeba said:
Despite Ivan's mistakes this year and last year, I don't want to see him given the sack just yet. Nobody was predicting we would make the top 8 this year anyway and if Lockyer stays fit, we would have, and wouldn't be having this discussion.

Next year, he has the best on paper team the Broncos have had since 2006. Like Rocky said in another thread, that is his test. That squad should be automatic top 4, so if Ivan can't get us there next year, then it is time for a real hard look. But for now I want to see him retained.

^^^^
this - agree 100% Jeb

ningnangnong said:
nopatience101 said:
rnabokov said:
Stuart IS a very good coach.

This is hypothetical. We will have Henhouse.

That being said, the best coach we could possibly have is Big Mal.
its really not, coaching for 3 games a year is a little different to coaching for 24+ games a year, Mal is great for origin but he didn't have the best record coaching Canberra.

Sticky can coach but i would have concerns over his player recruitment if the Sharks are anything to go by.

Have you heard anything mate? You usually seem to know a few 'insider' things. :mrgreen:
its rubbish.

Foordy said:
if you are going to sign a coach that the majority of your fan base and (state for that matter) detests, you should sign Phil Gould. as much as i hate that guy at least he knows how to coach.

But it would be good because we wouldnt have to listen to him during commentary of games. A small bullet we should look at taking. icon_thumbs_u

Flutterby said:
Jeba said:

^^^^
this - agree 100% Jeb

I think that depends on the rumours of senior players being unhappy with Ivan. If all is good I am against Ivan being sacked at this point that is for sure.

The Rock said:
Stuart was coach when the Sharks were going through the roughest time in their history yet their team still put in 100% every week. When they got smashed in games it was because they simply weren't talented enough. When the Broncos get smashed in games it's simply because we had no heart.

I know he is a good coach but I just wonder why he has been sacked from 2 clubs before?

I'd be happy if Neil henry came down from the Cows and took over. Now don't get crazy on me about this statement, I know they've gone shit but trust me,it's not the coaches up there that has the problem. Everything up from him needs cleaning out and everything below needs a scrub.
They have had decent coaches and none of them lasted.........and at least 2 of them were real smart cookies.
Players have way too much say, coaches get chopped and white-anted. The real problems, year in and year out never get addressed. He'd go well down here in a much healthier environment.

Lets sign Tim Sheens :roll:

Active Now

• ell.d33
  • Broncosarethebest
  • LittleDavey
  • Allo
  • Big Del
  • Santa
  • Stix
  • Harry Sack
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  • Scdeac
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Gaz
  • davidp
  • Culhwch
  • bazza
  • Wolfie
  • Nerd
  • RodF
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.