I Hate those Melbourne Players

welcome to the forum @PurplePride , i enjoy oppo fans joining in the discussion so it's nice to have you on board.

we all kinda have a bit of PTSD with the storm routinely whipping us so you'll have to forgive most of us being a bit anti-melbourne.

Many of your points I wholeheartedly agree with, but the argument I was making still stands; you can really dislike someone/something, but still have a begrudging respect for what they've achieved. For me personally, Novak Djokovic is a prime example; don't like him at all (and that's before you factor in his many on-court and off-court controversies), but I still admire what he's managed to accomplish.

Also, yes, the club undoubtedly does fight harder against Brisbane, but I think that's mainly driven by Bellamy and his personal history with them.
Unlike almost all on here, Melbourne is my second team. I live in Melbourne and go to the games. A bit like Lang Park in the 90s. Also, in AFL land it's a nice little oasis.

Stuff that, if I am going to a football game in Melbourne that the Broncs aren't playing, I'm going to the AFL.

Unlike almost all on here, Melbourne is my second team. I live in Melbourne and go to the games. A bit like Lang Park in the 90s. Also, in AFL land it's a nice little oasis.

Get the  out gtfo

Fair enough but even if you hate it, if the alternative is the Storm, the AFL is STILL the lesser of two evils.
I don't hate the storm. I know I am an outlier on here. I know a couple of ex storm players and I live in Melbourne. Aami Park is a good venue and atmosphere, particularly Anzac night game.

I don't hate the storm. I know I am an outlier on here. I know a couple of ex storm players and I live in Melbourne. Aami Park is a good venue and atmosphere, particularly Anzac night game.

I also live in Melbourne but I'll never pay my money to support that disgrace of a club unless the Broncs are in town. Plus I also really like the AFL.

That scandal should have broken them. The players should all have been stood down for the remainder of their tainted contracts, the administration should have been blacklisted for life, and the player's managers the same. It is a travesty that none of that happened, and the only reason it didn't happen was because the NRL needed Melbourne to survive, and they didn't want their precious Cam Smith, Greg Inglis, Billy Slater out of the game and playing for a rival code or off overseas. I blame the NRL for this side of things, but for the Storm to somehow be proud of the fact that they survived is like a high profile person being proud of avoiding jail for murder and not losing their career.

The same should have happened to the Sharks, but with the most powerful "journalist" being a lifelong Sharks fan, the NRL once again did what was best for them, not Rugby League, and gave them a gentle slap in exchange for favourable press.
Jordan Belfort comes to mind.

A storm fan coming in here and asking us to like him and show his team respect.
I also live in Melbourne but I'll never pay my money to support that disgrace of a club unless the Broncs are in town. Plus I also really like the AFL.
I went to the 2019 final vs the Raiders at Aami Park with a Raiders supporting workmate and was so drunk that I was screaming anti Melbourne rhetoric at full time. You might recall that Vunivalu was deemed to have touched the sideline regathering a short kickoff which was indeed a shit call. Anyway, this accountant of a Melbourne fan infront of me yelled "you were GIFTED IT, LUCKY WIN".

The look on his face when I replied "I don't fkn support the Raiders - but go anyone but Melbourne!!" was absolute gold -- he was bewildered. I'm sure that he thought "how could anyone despise us and our cowbells!!?" as he clutched his alpaca wool pashmina.

120minutes earlier BJ Leilua had a firework explode in his eye while running out (which subsequently ruled him out) and the Raiders were not gifted a substitution, and the Melbourne fan wanted to talk about luck.

I went to the 2019 final vs the Raiders at Aami Park with a Raiders supporting workmate and was so drunk that I was screaming anti Melbourne rhetoric at full time. You might recall that Vunivalu was deemed to have touched the sideline regathering a short kickoff which was indeed a shit call. Anyway, this accountant of a Melbourne fan infront of me yelled "you were GIFTED IT, LUCKY WIN".

The look on his face when I replied "I don't fkn support the Raiders - but go anyone but Melbourne!!" was absolute gold -- he was bewildered. I'm sure that he thought "how could anyone despise us and our cowbells!!?" as he clutched his alpaca wool pashmina.

120minutes earlier BJ Leilua had a firework explode in his eye while running out (which subsequently ruled him out) and the Raiders were not gifted a substitution, and the Melbourne fan wanted to talk about luck.
Damn, talk about a BJ going off with a bang

I went to a storm game in Melbourne in 2009. Wayne (edit: Ivan?) had rested all our origin players but Storm contingency backed up and carved us up.
Right at the death Folau scores our only points off a slater error and I yelled out “haha slater you suck!” ( He’d already scored 15 tries that evening and been a menace and carved up for Qld that week)

Anyway this stupid Storm woman who’d been a real punish all night Turned around and abused me yelling in my face that I’m a disgrace to the game and to have some gdamned respect for billy slater and don’t I know how great he is.

Man I wish I’d known at that point about the cap. Anyway, I just said “lady you’re winning by 40, take a seat”

——-
It was that moment that made me truly hate the storm , the Ashton sims moment started the journey but the spite came that night. Also it was cold AF.

Welcome aboard @PurplePride.

What are your thoughts on the Storm's season so far? Have they lived up to expectations or are you surprised one way or another? There must be plenty of excitement over the future with all the talent you have coming through/returning?

While it was highly controversial at the time, time has been kind to the salary cap drama. Especially after so many clubs since have clearly breached it and have barely been punished over it. The one thing for me is that the club wasn't successful because they went out and signed the Australian team. The stars all came through the Melbourne system.

Ultimately they made their bed but if anything it just highlighted how flawed the system is.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • winslow_wong
  • bert_lifts
  • Johnny92
  • Lozza
  • DMZ
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.