International rugby league

• Thread starter Lockysillegitimatechild
  • Start date
He's been playing well tbh but i'll be surprised if he beats out Field if they both stay fit

Field would already have it I reckon. Comfortably the best player in that comp. He’d kill it at NRL level now.

Field would already have it I reckon. Comfortably the best player in that comp. He’d kill it at NRL level now.
I still dont think he plays like he does for Wigan for any NRL club. He just suits their style of play over there perfectly. He still give me vibes of Matt Dufty with a little extra polish to his game.

I dont agree he is the best player in super league, i still think thats Jonny Lomax, but i think Field has been the form player this year. You could drop Lomax by himself into any side and he makes a big difference, i dont think if you dropped Field into say Wakefield or Warrington he would have the same impact he does at Wigan. I think he is at the perfect club in Wigan because they are the the most attacking side in the comp and a little more open than St Helens who can win with flair or grind out wins.

He's been playing well tbh but i'll be surprised if he beats out Field if they both stay fit
The openness of the SL game definitely favours the outside backs to play their best game but from a half perspective atleast Lolohea has been the best they have seen in Super league for a half decade atleast, If anything he is on another level from his peak in the WC for Tonga when playing for Tigers, he is the exact player Tonga needs to challenge the top teams this year in the world cup, he has to be on the Radar for NRL teams the way he is playing.

it's weird because he is like the Lockyer mold of five eights, he is the main playmaker with a really good running game and excellent clutch skills to be in the right place at the right time, ideal player for Storm I think post Munster if he leaves.

Lets look at this insane Samoa starting team line up just by current standing(assuming Tuilagi, Suaalii and Tino get picked for Roos).

1. Crichton
2. May
3. Hammer
4. Tago
5. To'o
6. Luai
7. Milford
8. Papalii
9. Levi
10. Junior Paulo
11. Luciano Leilua
12. Su'a
13. Tevaga

(Also assumes Jacob Saifiti chooses Fiji like before, but he is eligible for Samoa(via his father) same with his brother, if so it might put Josh Papalii to the bench).

Noufoalma could possibly take Mays spot but I think May is just ahead of him for now, Schuster has been iffy on form so I think Leilua would take his spot but he would be on the bench atleast as a 14.

Also possible Hammer and Crichton swap.

if Tuilagi somehow doesn't get in the Roos squad(I doubt because WC squads will be large) he takes Mays spot, if Suaalii doesn't make the Roos he will likely be the fullback crichton probably will move to centre and I think Hammer will have to be on the bench.

On paper atleast I can't see this team losing to England(the pool they are in), Tonga will be interesting it will depend on how good Lolohea plays because imo he is the best Pacifica Dominant half.

I'll put some hypothetical team lists for the Roos based on what I think should happen and after what I think will happen.

What I think should happen(keep in mind I have excluded even players rumoured to play for other countries like Holmes):
1. Tedesco
2. Oates
3. Burton
4. Mitchell
5. Addo Carr
6. Munster
7. Cleary
8. Carrigan
9. Hunt
10. Haas
11. Murray
12. Matterson
13. Yeo

14. Grant
15. Tino
16. Cotter
17. Nanai

What I think will happen:

1. Tedesco
2. Addo Carr
3. Gagai
4. Mitchell
5. Suaalii
6. Munster
7. Cleary
8. Tino
9. Hunt
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Murray
13. Yeo

14. Grant
15. Carrigan
16. Cotter
17. Nanai

I think NSW will secretly be happy Manly didn’t make finals. DCE has had a decent season but their golden child will likely win back to back premierships which means picking Cleary over DCE is an easy decision to push now. I suspect too that we won’t see many Broncos after our season spun out of control either and fair enough. I’d suspect it will just be Haas and Carrigan. Maybe Cobbo but unlikely after his disrupted season finish

I think NSW will secretly be happy Manly didn’t make finals. DCE has had a decent season but their golden child will likely win back to back premierships which means picking Cleary over DCE is an easy decision to push now. I suspect too that we won’t see many Broncos after our season spun out of control either and fair enough. I’d suspect it will just be Haas and Carrigan. Maybe Cobbo but unlikely after his disrupted season finish
I think DCE was never going to get ahead of Cleary anyway, he looked good in origin but in the league he wasn't anything special.

I knew Oates wouldn't be picked in the squad to go over bcos he just ain't a favourite with selectors but for him to not be in the train on squad is a fucking disgrace tbh. He has always been reliable in origin, was a huge difference in game 3 for us, and absolutely blitzed it this year for the broncos. How the **** he isn't on the train on squad is mind boggling. This he's old bs as well. Addo Carr is older! Oates is only 27 ffs

I knew Oates wouldn't be picked in the squad to go over bcos he just ain't a favourite with selectors but for him to not be in the train on squad is a fucking disgrace tbh. He has always been reliable in origin, was a huge difference in game 3 for us, and absolutely blitzed it this year for the broncos. How the **** he isn't on the train on squad is mind boggling. This he's old bs as well. Addo Carr is older! Oates is only 27 ffs
Not that it makes a huge difference but Addo-Carr was born a year later.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.