International rugby league

• Thread starter Lockysillegitimatechild
  • Start date
Isn’t that really what Radley is doing though? He says it’s cause of his dad but is it or does he just feel he is too far down the pecking order to ever play for Aus? Let’s be honest, he’s behind at least Carrigan, Yeo, Jurbo, Tino and Cotter.
That's at Australian level, I could easily see him making NSW even next year, certainly over his career he'll play some origins IMO. The money is 3x 30k at origin level plus Aussie games not the once a year England plays a game.

That's at Australian level, I could easily see him making NSW even next year, certainly over his career he'll play some origins IMO. The money is 3x 30k at origin level plus Aussie games not the once a year England plays a game.

Didn't they reduce the origin pay due to covid

Radley was in Origin camp this year for NSW, but since he was coming off an injury he didn't have time to establish himself, I think he would of made the team without injuries.

This is good for England though, Radley when on form is one of the best locks in the game.

Radley was in Origin camp this year for NSW, but since he was coming off an injury he didn't have time to establish himself, I think he would of made the team without injuries.

This is good for England though, Radley when on form is one of the best locks in the game.
Watch this decision by Radley be the one that makes them amend the criteria for Origin.

I think origin and international eligibility should be independent of each other, but now that a NSWRL player, that has basically been earmarked to play for NSW for years has turned his back on them, they'll change the rules to accommodate him.

Watch this decision by Radley be the one that makes them amend the criteria for Origin.

I think origin and international eligibility should be independent of each other, but now that a NSWRL player, that has basically been earmarked to play for NSW for years has turned his back on them, they'll change the rules to accommodate him.

the problem they will have is that will open the flood gates and QLD will get the likes of JT2

We just need to find a way to get Cleary to pledge for another country.

I truly hope so. I've always thought it was a dumb rule.

We just need to find a way to get Cleary to pledge for another country.
Well he could of played for New Zealand since he played his junior football there from Age 9 till 14.

Assuming it works the same way as Origin eligibility.

Well this is a Shock, the one who is first to make a big noise about this issue since the news, is the one person who it's in their best interest to keep it as it is.

Well this is a Shock, the one who is first to make a big noise about this issue since the news, is the one person who it's in their best interest to keep it as it is.

“I think the whole eligibility issue needs to be addressed. My belief is you take away all the tiers in place. If you’re born in NSW or Queensland, you’re eligible for Origin, and if you then want to represent your ancestral nation, be it England or New Zealand, you can go and play for them,” Radley said.

“If you used Victor as an exam plan, he’s born in NSW so he could play for the Blues and play for England.”

So much this.

Locking origin to Australia is stupid. As long as you meet origin criteria you should be able to play origin, it shouldn't be tied to international selection.

“I think the whole eligibility issue needs to be addressed. My belief is you take away all the tiers in place. If you’re born in NSW or Queensland, you’re eligible for Origin, and if you then want to represent your ancestral nation, be it England or New Zealand, you can go and play for them,” Radley said.

“If you used Victor as an exam plan, he’s born in NSW so he could play for the Blues and play for England.”

So much this.

Locking origin to Australia is stupid. As long as you meet origin criteria you should be able to play origin, it shouldn't be tied to international selection.
People Like Kenty bringing up how players like Luai didn't play well because they are loyal to Samoa are making some of the most stupidest arguments I ever heard.

Do people forget Origin is the pinnacle of the game?

What Rugby league player on earth wouldn't want to play it if they could, heck it's the one game that gets decent TV audience outside of just NSW and QLD.

Also Dual nationality is a thing and last I checked this country recognises that it is a thing, if we got rid of the tier system it would improve the international game massively, even if it did make some countries a bit more mercenary (like for instance without tiers Sam Walker could play for England, heck even Herbie could play for Australia if he got a Australian passport which I think he would of given visa restrictions) as well as countless New Zealand players who could play for Australia, and vice versa.

Remember when Semi Radradra played for Australia, the guy couldn't even speak english when Parra signed him in 2012, 4 years later he plays for Australia even without origin eligibility.

And Fittler finally said the thing:

To be fair he did say this last year though, but if anything this hurts NSW more, the amount of Kiwis that came to australia via QLD is massive.
I actually think they are overthinking the whole thing here. Didn't Adrian Lam captain P.N.G and play for Queensland? He never played for Australia. So the precedent has been around since the Super League war.

Ideally I would rather they overhauled the international level game. How they do that is what the media should be debating, not who's eligible for Origin.

I actually think they are overthinking the whole thing here. Didn't Adrian Lam captain P.N.G and play for Queensland? He never played for Australia. So the precedent has been around since the Super League war.

Ideally I would rather they overhauled the international level game. How they do that is what the media should be debating, not who's eligible for Origin.
The idea is because England And New Zealand are tier 1, if you commit to those you can't play origin, PNG are not tier 1 so you can play state of origin and them.

The idea is because England And New Zealand are tier 1, if you commit to those you can't play origin, PNG are not tier 1 so you can play state of origin and them.
Which is true, but the thing is Langer kept Lam out of Queensland team when he was available. And then Johns and Stuart would of come into play for Australia at the time as well. Even if Fitler was selected at 5/8th, Lam wouldn't of likely made it anyway.

Radley was kept out of NSW by Yeo, and has Carrigan and Tino to contend with for a green and gold jersey as well. Luai isn't getting picked if Munster is available either. If Munster isn't Deardon, Wighton and Burton are all in contention at 5/8th as well.

With NZ and England though, while they are Tier 1, Samoa and Tonga could match them at full strength. If England, NZ, Samoa and Tonga were playing three tests a year, would this debate over origin eligibility even be happening right now? Or would the interest in those match's put them on par with what Origin is?

Active Now

• Bongo
  • Santa
  • porouian
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Spooky1013
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • NSW stables
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.