Intrust Super Cup 2014

Anyone know how Aaron Whitchurch is going these days in ISC? He got like 1-2 games of NRL and played horribly, but he was always full of plenty of potential.

Having a really good year, was good for Residents and scored two tries just yesterday.

I have said it 10000 times on here but if Rod Griffin isn't the best front rower in the ISC I have no idea who is.

V Easts.

21 Hit ups, 214m, 3 Tackle breaks, 2 quick PTB, 22 tackles, 2 ineffective, 4 missed.

How old is he and why hasn't he been given a go if he is performing so well?

Compared to Garbutt if I may in the same game:

18 receipts, 20 hit ups, 147m, 1 quick PTB, 24 tackles, 1 ineffective, 3 missed.

Above my pay scale to make such calls. But I could produce stats like that every week for him.

26 I think he is.
[SARCASM]He's not a prop, because he's not big enough![/SARCASM]

Seriously though, he's a pretty small bloke, and although I have no doubts about his work rate, I'm not sure he would be able to make an impact in the NRL at 1.77 cms for 98 Kgs. He could be a great lock though!

[SARCASM]He's not a prop, because he's not big enough![/SARCASM]

Seriously though, he's a pretty small bloke, and although I have no doubts about his work rate, I'm not sure he would be able to make an impact in the NRL at 1.77 cms for 98 Kgs. He could be a great lock though!

He was up till this year, but the Jets play a very interesting style of play and both starting props are smaller and mobile than normal. Similar to Parker and what the Broncos are doing there.

The Jets start with two wingers on the bench, a hooker and a forward. Two wingers come on go to the wing, the two starting wingers go into the pack.

It's very interesting to watch. Very mobile, very quick ball movement and speed around the ruck.

He was up till this year, but the Jets play a very interesting style of play and both starting props are smaller and mobile than normal. Similar to Parker and what the Broncos are doing there.

The Jets start with two wingers on the bench, a hooker and a forward. Two wingers come on go to the wing, the two starting wingers go into the pack.

It's very interesting to watch. Very mobile, very quick ball movement and speed around the ruck.
Yeah, and it's certainly attractive to watch, although you can also notice they sometimes get dominated in the ruck by a bigger pack.

Do you reckon he could make it in the NRL as a prop?

Yeah, and it's certainly attractive to watch, although you can also notice they sometimes get dominated in the ruck by a bigger pack.

Do you reckon he could make it in the NRL as a prop?

It has been the football watching hightlight of the year for me, watching what they're doing is really facinating.

Hard to say, he has gone ahead this year under this style of play- chances of an NRL coach playing like the Jets are less than 0.

Yeah, and it's certainly attractive to watch

Get a hold of tonight's game.

Jets 10-4 at half time
10-10 after a mistake from the kick off saw Rona score.
Jets 62-10 at full time.

52 points in 38 minutes.

You reckon Kennedy might be buoyed by the Griffin sacking and Bennett coming news?

INTRUST SUPER CUP - ROUND 22
Saturday 2 August

PNG HUNTERS 32
(Thompson Teteh, Dion Aiye, Roger Laka, David Loko, Willie Minoga, Brandy Peter tries; Israel Eliab 4 goals) def NORTHS DEVILS 22 (Todd Murphy 2, Michael Lucas, Darren Nicholls tries; Todd Murphy 3 goals) at Kalabond Oval, Kokopo.

IPSWICH JETS 62
(Carlin Anderson 3, Marmin Barba 2, Nemani Valekapa, Brendon Marshall, Josh Cleeland, Dane Phillips, Billy McConnachie, Matt Parcell tries; Marmin Barba 8, Wes Conlon goals) def MACKAY CUTTERS 10 (Curtis Rona, John Asiata tries; Liam Taylor goal) at North Ipswich Reserve.

CQ CAPRAS 40
(Garrett Field 3, Smith Samau 2, Reece Baker, Andrew Dale tries; Shannon Rupapere 5, Peter Gallen goals) def SUNSHINE COAST FALCONS 12 (Brett Doherty, Rueben Baillie tries; Ryan Hansen 2 goals) at Marley Brown Oval, Gladstone.

Sunday 3 August

NORTHERN PRIDE 22
(Davin Crampton 2, Lincoln Port, Sam Obst tries; Shaun Nona 3 goals) def TWEED HEADS SEAGULLS 18 (Damian Sironen, Cory Blair, Ayden Lee tries; Jamal Fogarty 3 goals) at Barlow Park.

EASTS TIGERS 28
(Cody Walker 2, Jarrod McInally, Shane Neumann, Felise Kaufusi tries; Jacob Fauid 4 goals) def SOUTHS LOGAN MAGPIES 20 (Patrick Mago 2, Jordan Rapana, Dallas Anderson tries; Jordan Rapana 2 goals) at Davies Park.

WYNNUM MANLY SEAGULLS 44
(Daniel Ogden 2, Matt Grieve 2, Mitchell Buckett, Jordan Kahu, Ben Cronin, Mitchell Frei tries; Matthew Seamark 6 goals) def REDCLIFFE DOLPHINS 10 (Aaron Whitchurch, Martin Cordwell tries; Adrian Davis goa) at Dolphin Oval.

Team
Played​
Wins​
Draws​
Losses​
Byes​
For​
Agst​
Points​
Northern Pride
20​
17​
3​
2​
571​
355​
38​
Easts Tigers
20​
13​
1​
6​
2​
549​
361​
31​
Tweed Heads Seagulls
20​
13​
1​
6​
2​
557​
413​
31​
Wynnum Manly Seagulls
21​
14​
7​
1​
612​
372​
30​
Ipswich Jets
21​
14​
7​
1​
584​
420​
30​
PNG Hunters
21​
12​
1​
8​
1​
554​
493​
27​
Burleigh Bears
20​
9​
1​
10​
2​
470​
497​
23​
Souths Logan Magpies
20​
9​
11​
2​
481​
514​
22​
Mackay Cutters
20​
9​
11​
2​
366​
462​
22​
Norths Devils
21​
8​
13​
1​
432​
524​
18​
Redcliffe Dolphins
20​
6​
1​
13​
2​
448​
513​
17​
CQ Capras
20​
4​
1​
15​
2​
367​
601​
13​
Sunshine Coast Falcons
20​
1​
19​
2​
194​
660​
6​

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • OnToSomething
  • Yellowfella
  • scobie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.