Intrust Super Cup Discussion - 2017

Shitchurch doing what he does best and dropping the pill when they needed it to stick.

Redcliffe just making too many errors. They have a lot of investment in this team and i can see Mogg being under huge pressure to keep his job

Sunshine coast have been very good. Well coached, and a lot of set plays. Redcliffe look really ragged

Thst last try was awful positioning from opacic and teteh.

The Falcons look like a team of Melbourne Storm clones. The production line just rolls along.....

By comparison, watching the Broncos contracted players like Moses Pangai and Jonus Pearson just makes my heart sink. What the hell do the Broncos see in Pearson that makes them think he could ever compete against Vunivalu, Addo-Carr, Rapana, Don etc

Dolphins v Hunters will be telling, Hunters have to win so they don't have to come down here twice to win the ISC. Dolphins will be bashed up next week if they have to play that will be good for either Tigers or Falcons.

It takes weeks to recover from going up there, even staff get sick and don't feel right.

Too true.

Pearson has never impressed me. Pangai does sometimes but I'm starting to think he's not going to make it.

The Falcons look like a team of Melbourne Storm clones. The production line just rolls along.....

By comparison, watching the Broncos contracted players like Moses Pangai and Jonus Pearson just makes my heart sink. What the hell do the Broncos see in Pearson that makes them think he could ever compete against Vunivalu, Addo-Carr, Rapana, Don etc

I think Redcliffe problem is the coach tbh. He is always switching players around and they dont build combinations. Teteh has played mainly left center for them all season, then they shift him to right center alongside a bloke who they have switched to wing when he is a center.

Pearson tbf has been pretty good for redcliffe most of the season, but i do know its not a happy camp at Redcliffe. They have got where they are mainly on the back of blokes like Lodge, taulei, Hazard and Gamble.

The Dolphins can feel hard done by with that scoreline. They really weren't that bad and had plenty of opportunities but their execution and formations let them down. It's one of those games where the stats won't show it, but the Falcons won a lot of contests and the Dolphins would often drop their heads. It was one of those games where the Dolphins did everything but score and if they had have just crossed the line you'd get the feeling they would have made a real fist of things.

With that said, the Falcons were very impressive. There is definitely some future NRL talent in that lot and they just never gave up on the play. That try-saver right on half-time was a pretty big moment in the game and it really set the tone in the second half.

Should be a great Grand Final, I'm really looking forward to it.

If anything Rapana and Don are outliers since they were both late-bloomers who worked their way into the position.

They probably see what the Storm see in Tonumaipea, Hawkins & Olam - a handy depth option particularly around the Origin period.

Didn't catch the game, how'd the Broncos contracted players go, can anyone fill me in?

Didn't catch the game, how'd the Broncos contracted players go, can anyone fill me in?

All pretty poor tbh. Opacic and Pearson on the wings were ok if i am being generous, Pangai at left center was fairly ordinary. Redcliffe just werent in the game. Lodge was about Redcliffes best player. AS 1910 said earlier, the PNG trip looks like it took their toll on them. Mogg changing the side doesnt help either.

If anything Rapana and Don are outliers since they were both late-bloomers who worked their way into the position.

They probably see what the Storm see in Tonumaipea, Hawkins & Olam - a handy depth option particularly around the Origin period.

What I meant Pete was that Pearson is not showing anywhere near the class or game winning ability of the players I named. The Broncos have a lot of "stocking fillers" in their QCUP ranks. The Storm have well schooled youngsters ready to step up at any time.

It will never happen but I want to see the Broncos field their own team in the QCup. They are achieving nothing by spreading players across multiple feeder teams with different systems. Sure the Storm are spreading their players across two teams but those nine players for the Falcons today are getting valuable experience at playing together under a coach from the Storm system.

I agree the Broncos should remain active, but my point is that every club has their share of depth players. Do you really think Olam, Tonumaipea & Hawkins are THAT much better than Pearson & Opacic?

I agree the Broncos should remain active, but my point is that every club has their share of depth players. Do you really think Olam, Tonumaipea & Hawkins are THAT much better than Pearson & Opacic?

Maybe not more talented but definitely better schooled. Storm players do the little things so much better.
The best example I can think of is Josh Addo-Carr. He was a promising, talented player at WestsTigers but the Storm have rebuilt him into a match winner.

I can't agree with you at all there. All three over the past two weeks have been pretty poor in areas where they ought to be more disciplined.

Active Now

• Volvo Driver
  • ezpz
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Skathen
  • broncs30
  • Brotherdu
  • Rookie Alan
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Redux
  • Broncorob
  • MrMoore
  • Santa
  • Allo
  • Manifesto
  • Gray
  • Midean
  • westy316
  • winslow_wong
  • Organix
  • Battler
... and 42 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.