Is anyone concerned that we might miss the 8?

Not concerned at all if we can keep our strongest side on the park. People seem to forget how we played against the Sharks, Raiders with Hodges, Hunt etc in the side.

Locky is back, he just needs a bit of help out wide and we'll be 'ruthless'

I am not currently worried but I will be really worried if we lose to the Titans on Friday night and a few of the teams like the Raiders and the Knights jump ahead of us!

Raiders have an awesome run home, if us and the Roosters continue to fluff it they are an outside chance at the top 4.

I'm not worried yet.

If we lose this Friday night, I'll start to get the shakes.

mick! said:
I'm not worried yet.

If we lose this Friday night, I'll start to get the shakes.

Agreed, if we get toppled on the weekend with our strongest side then we have problems. If they turn up with the same attitude as against Sharks/Raiders we'll win. Hodges makes a massive difference..

We need two wins to be safe. The Bulldogs will be one. Hopefully we get over the Titans so we don't have to rely on a last round victory. The Titans with Princey back and the carrot of a first finals appearance in the offing will be tough. I guess I am quite concerned about the possibility of missing out.

I wonder if the Storm get the shakes when they go into a game?

We're not well drilled mick! It's a fact. Do you see holes in the players's skulls? No. They're not drilled at all!

I wouldn't be concerned even if Shane Perry was playing. But that's because Shane Perry is one of our best players.

He's won a premiership with us but I dont think the teams well drilled enough

Alec said:
I wouldn't be concerned even if Shane Perry was playing. But that's because Shane Perry is one of our best players.

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

mick! said:
Are you saying we're not well drilled?

Der ... if we were, and of course, injuries taken into account, we'd be running a lot better than the nerve bags we are at the moment.

As I and a number of posters have said, we are NOT a well drilled side. And IMO, that is one of Bennett's failings - brilliant he may be in most other respects.

And that's why we rely on individual brilliance and that's why it won't win us the premiership this year.

We have more than enough X-Factors in our great side - but a well oiled machine we ain't - unlike the Storm or, dare I say or, the Raiders, who I am now betting will play the GF against the Storm.

And the fact we did the Raiders - and did we play well! should be in our favour, but we just can't seem to do it week in and week out.

Sigh ...

Perhaps an earlier version of WB drilled the sides a bit more.

I saw an interview with The King once and he said that the "Control freak" side of the coach at the Broncos in his time there was a real issue for him as he liked to be able to play it the way he saw it. WB said Wally was moved to lock to allow Kevin Walters to get a run on spot, but Wally saw it as a way of getting him out of the way a bit so as to allow the more programmed player to be in a better ball playing position.

Is it possible that being the great recruiter of players that he has been, WB slowly started to rely on the brilliance of the players and not so much on his coaching and drilling of the team. In the 80's we did okay for a new club but lacked the depth, in the nineties we did really well, could have done better but still showed up and played a certain amount to a game plan, yet in the last seven or eight seasons it's been a case of name a side and see how they go... all the while hoping that the couple of superstars get it done for us.

The old saying is something like "You play how you train."

Perhaps the earlier version of WB had the same cattle on the paddock week in week out with a combination that stuck for more than a couple of games as has not been the case with the Broncs in the past few years.

LOL! Game plan in Alf's era was...forwards do whatever you can, then give it to Alf!

So are we trying to say the Broncos aren't well drilled?

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Fatboy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Santa
  • Bucking Beads
  • Robboi_321
  • Big Del
  • Strop
  • thenry
  • bb_gun
  • Totally Unr3al
  • mrslong
  • Gaz
  • Alec
  • Waynesaurus
  • john1420
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • Morkel
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.