Israel Folau wants out... I'll show him the door.

Hopefully we're not stupid enough to do it, period.

I don't want any Melbourne storm players, plus i don't think they will leave anyway they are so passionate for that club.

Hoping to see Michaels, Setu and Sims all gone at the end of the year. All 3 haven't done shit to earn a new contract.

tallis12 said:
Hoping to see Michaels, Setu and Sims all gone at the end of the year. All 3 haven't done shit to earn a new contract.
+1

THE Melbourne Rebels are poised to stun an embattled rugby league by making an extraordinary offer of almost $1 million a season for Storm fullback Billy Slater.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal the new rugby union franchise will make a firm bid for the Melbourne superstar within the next 10 days.

The Rebels have also made a gigantic offer for Brisbane champion Israel Folau. His deal is also believed to be worth nearly $1 million a year.

Folau left the Storm after 2008 for Brisbane, claiming to be homesick. But it appears he has now overcome his homesickness and is considering the massive offer to jump codes.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/m ... 5858127543

Brisbane's top five players - Darren Lockyer ($500,000), Folau ($475,000), Justin Hodges ($425,000), Sam Thaiday ($350,000) and Peter Wallace ($325,000) might equal the market value of their Storm counterparts.

i think those figures are way off the mark ... Folau's salary seems to keep getting bigger in every report i read. also i though that Lockyer took a big paycut to stay with us.

From the same article;

Foordy said:
Brisbane's top five players - Darren Lockyer ($500,000), Folau ($475,000), Justin Hodges ($425,000), Sam Thaiday ($350,000) and Peter Wallace ($325,000) might equal the market value of their Storm counterparts.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/m ... 5858127543

i think those figures are way off the mark ... Folau's salary seems to keep getting bigger in every report i read. also i though that Lockyer took a big paycut to stay with us.

if we are really paying anywhere near that amount for ANY of those players apart from Lockyer, thats just disgraceful. there is NO way that a player like Hodges should be on that much money considering his age and injury prone nature. out of all of those, id say Thaiday is the only one who is remotely worth what hes being paid. Wallace for $325k? hes a $200k player at best. i would also hope Lockyers not on that much, as what hes shown over the last few years and his supposed taking a pay cut to stay with us means he mustve been on a hell of a lot more money over the last few years, contributing to us losing so many players.

Those figures are not even close, well at least I hope so.
If Lockyer is on 500k for his current contract (Which started this year) than Cullen should be sacked on the spot.
Lockyer is no longer a Marquee player worth the huge dollars like he once was.

Hodges is worth it on his day however even as a huge fan it frustrates the shit out of me how often he's injured or suspended. We should have never got Folau.

Anonymous person said:
if we are really paying anywhere near that amount for ANY of those players apart from Lockyer, thats just disgraceful. there is NO way that a player like Hodges should be on that much money considering his age and injury prone nature. out of all of those, id say Thaiday is the only one who is remotely worth what hes being paid. Wallace for $325k? hes a $200k player at best. i would also hope Lockyers not on that much, as what hes shown over the last few years and his supposed taking a pay cut to stay with us means he mustve been on a hell of a lot more money over the last few years, contributing to us losing so many players.

I agree, if the Broncos are paying Wallace that much I will headbutt someone. Also Hodges and Folau surely can't be on that money.

Judged on performance and value to the club Sammy T should be on the most followed by Parker.

ok, so not many ppl here want to buy Inglis, so if Folau leaves who' the next best buy? I have no idea who's off contract at other clubs.

I seriously highly doubt Wallace is on 325k... I'm praying to God that Broncs admin is not that dumb... why can't I say this with confidence?

spoonbled said:
ok, so not many ppl here want to buy Inglis, so if Folau leaves who' the next best buy? I have no idea who's off contract at other clubs.

Why do we need to buy a back? We have heaps its just a matter of Henjak using the right bloke.

Im starting to feel like im on the Bulldogs forum with all this talk of buying players just because their contracts are up. (Or could be)

broncospwn said:
Those figures are not even close, well at least I hope so.
If Lockyer is on 500k for his current contract (Which started this year) than Cullen should be sacked on the spot.
Lockyer is no longer a Marquee player worth the huge dollars like he once was.

Hodges is worth it on his day however even as a huge fan it frustrates the shit out of me how often he's injured or suspended. We should have never got Folau.
Since when would a Melbourne paper have any clue what Broncos or even League players for that matter are on... they probably only used the Broncos as an example because they are the most recognisable League brand outside the Storm in that dull city...

Not to mention. Why wouldn't Lockyer still be demanding his highest pay. He's still our captain, and he's still the only one with enough vision to setup our plays.

Nashy said:
Not to mention. Why wouldn't Lockyer still be demanding his highest pay. He's still our captain, and he's still the only one with enough vision to setup our plays.
He's not worth the highest pay packet anymore, not even close.
Thaiday, Folau are both better for a start.
Forget reputation, his current form isn't Marquee anymore and as such he should be getting paid top dollar.

Folau is not worth a cent over 300k. The recruitment on this big dumb winger has noe nothing but bad things for the Broncos. Lockyer should be highest paid at the club at the moment hands down IMO.

Bucking Beads said:
Folau is not worth a cent over 300k. The recruitment on this big dumb winger has noe nothing but bad things for the Broncos. Lockyer should be highest paid at the club at the moment hands down IMO.
Fair enough, I don't think we should of ever recruited Folau either and think he is massively overpaid.
We really don't have any superstar in our team atm who is really worth of a 400k pay packet.
Not Lockyer, Hodges, Thaiday or Folau, none of them are worth 400k. Hunt was but he left and Thaiday is probably our best player atm.

Folau is a star but he's not worth it considering who we lost, I would of preferred to Keep Ennis, hannant, Stagg or Boyd or two of those 4 over Folau any day.

It's a far cry from 4 years ago when we had players like Lockyer in his prime, Webcke, Civo, Hunt, Hodges, etc.
Now we are an average inexperienced team with very limited depth and just a few good players who are injury prone or past their best.

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • jarro65
  • Manofoneway
  • thenry
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Fitzy
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • Wild Horse
  • broncotville
  • Stix
  • Wolfie
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Waynesaurus
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.