Israel Folau wants out... I'll show him the door.

Donny said:
Emma, the media doesnt "make up" the way he looks on the field. Looks like he is unhappy, doesnt want to be there and no involvement.
None of them look happy out there! I must say I thought he looked pretty happy against the Sharks, a lot of smiles from him (as well as from most of the team). And in the footage I've seen of him at training he doesn't look unhappy. When was the last time anyone saw Lockyer really smile on the field?

And sure, the media don't need to make up stuff that people can see - but they don't need to use it to concoct stories either which we know they are capable of.

i thought folau was one of our happiest looking on the field. i dont know what you guys have been watching but it certainly wasnt the Broncos games lol. look at him after he scores a try, hes like an 11 year old boy whos just seen his first fun-bag. you dont get that excited and happy if youre not enjoying it.

i also remember reading that Folaus contract was back heavy, meaning he starts on a lower amount and then increases every year. theres no way hes on $475k now.

I won't make a habit of it, but I agree AP [icon_razz1 . He absolutely beams when he scores a try.

I agree, he always looks happier than anyone scoring a try.

That being said, I'm inclined to think that where there's this much smoke, there's fire. Instinct tells me he's leaving, but I certainly won't lambast him for it until we find out for sure (and probably not even after).

Emma said:
Donny said:
Emma, the media doesnt "make up" the way he looks on the field. Looks like he is unhappy, doesnt want to be there and no involvement.
None of them look happy out there! I must say I thought he looked pretty happy against the Sharks, a lot of smiles from him (as well as from most of the team). And in the footage I've seen of him at training he doesn't look unhappy. When was the last time anyone saw Lockyer really smile on the field?

And sure, the media don't need to make up stuff that people can see - but they don't need to use it to concoct stories either which we know they are capable of.

Personally i dont have to see Lockyer smile to know that he is happy at the Broncos. I havent seen Lockyer smile because we are being flogged every week and that would probally be hurting a bit. The same can be said for Folau i guess, if we were winning then it might be different.

Comparing Lockyer to Folau is like comparing Chalk and Cheese if you ask me. The difference is when we were getting flogged by the bulldogs Lockyer never stopped tyring. Tryed his heart out and scored a try. Folau went MIA the second half as soon as the game was won by the Bulldogs.

I dont see Lockyer smile much anyway, strikes me as a guy that can give 100% in a game and still be agnry with himself for not giving 101%.

schmix said:
I agree, he always looks happier than anyone scoring a try.

That being said, I'm inclined to think that where there's this much smoke, there's fire. Instinct tells me he's leaving, but I certainly won't lambast him for it until we find out for sure (and probably not even after).

+1 on all charges yerhonour.

I'm not comparing the 2, I'm simply saying that we don't need to see everyone running around looking as though everything is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows to prove that they're happy. If you don't need to see Lockyer smile to know he is happy, why do you need to see Folau smile?

Look as I said, he may well be leaving, fact is no one knows right now. But I just think that the way people jump straight on a bandwagon when the media reports ANYTHING (and I mean anything, not just this subject) is a little premature.

I see where your coming from, but to be honest its clear the Folau is thinking of leaving or considering other options. He has stated himself that he may ask for more time to make a decision so that to me proves he is considering a move or he already knows he wants to stay and just wants to make everyone wait for some reason. Which one sounds the more likely?

If he was truly happy at the Broncos i think we will see him either confirm he is staying at the Broncos by the deadline. If he doesnt then im afraid that he must be considering other options.

If he is considering other options then he cant be truly happy being a Bronco.

I will be as sad as any other person to see him go, but anyone who doesnt want to play for the broncos should be aloud to leave. Im not going to call him a "dog" or anything for leaving. What ever makes him happy he should do. if you ask me.

To me with all the rumours flying around it would be easier for him to just go public and say he's not leaving (if he isn't). The only reason to stay quiet is probably because he is considering leaving.

The Rock said:
If Folau leaves, then it's almost guaranteed that we'll secure Hannant don't you guys think? That can only be a positive. We've got heaps of depth in the backline too, I'm honestly not too concerned.

I agree.

Losing Folau would be a bad thing for the Broncos, but we do have a lot of young talent in the backs (who could also be signed to long-term deals if Izzy goes)

Getting Hannant (and possibly Petero) back would more than offset Folau's departure IMO

He (his manager) won't sign anything until the last day/minute, its like an auction.

forward_pass said:
He (his manager) won't sign anything until the last day/minute, its like an auction.

^^^ this.

I still remember before Locky's last contract signed 5 or 6 years ago, whenever it was, there were legit reports of his manager (if not him) meeting with other clubs, ESL clubs, Rugby Union etc, and Locky always said "I have to weigh up my options".

In the end when he re-signed he said he had no intention of leaving, but still wanted to see what was being offered to him, with the stint in England the most appealing.

While I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep if Folau chose to leave, it still wouldn't surprise me if he does decide to stay, if not already decided.

jarro65 said:
The Rock said:
If Folau leaves, then it's almost guaranteed that we'll secure Hannant don't you guys think? That can only be a positive. We've got heaps of depth in the backline too, I'm honestly not too concerned.

I agree.

Losing Folau would be a bad thing for the Broncos, but we do have a lot of young talent in the backs (who could also be signed to long-term deals if Izzy goes)

Getting Hannant (and possibly Petero) back would more than offset Folau's departure IMO

As long as Hodges is all good next year i dont think Folau leaving is a big concern. On the other hand i think if Hodges were to be out for most of next season (god help us if he is) then he will be a big loss. I can See Yow Yeh moving into the centre's anyway. Great player and has bolked up a bit in the off season. If folau stays then where is Kemp, Winerstien and Yow Yeh going to play next year? One of them would miss out.

Plus id like to see that extra cash spent on retaining some of the younger guys like Gillet, Hoffman, Norman, Dodd's, Lui ect. Id hate to see us blood all them player this year only to have them run off when the become good.

jarro65 said:
The Rock said:

I agree.
we do have a lot of young talent in the backs (who could also be signed to long-term deals if Izzy goes)

We do? Henjak has been having to use Glenn and Gillett and Teo at centre all year. And when they don't suffice, he's used Beale and Rivett, who both look extremely average on first impression. Whilst I don't think Folau would be a huge loss (particularly given we don't even use him very well), I would hardly call us a club swimming with talented young backs.

Ari Gold said:
jarro65 said:
[quote="The Rock":3ql6m0my]If Folau leaves, then it's almost guaranteed that we'll secure Hannant don't you guys think? That can only be a positive. We've got heaps of depth in the backline too, I'm honestly not too concerned.

I agree.
we do have a lot of young talent in the backs (who could also be signed to long-term deals if Izzy goes)

We do? Henjak has been having to use Glenn and Gillett and Teo at centre all year. And when they don't suffice, he's used Beale and Rivett, who both look extremely average on first impression. Whilst I don't think Folau would be a huge loss (particularly given we don't even use him very well), I would hardly call us a club swimming with talented young backs.[/quote:3ql6m0my]

There is a massive difference in having the backs, and the coach using the backs.

Gingerballs said:
Ok, name these talented backs that Henjak hasn't used.

Consistently? Dale Copley springs to mind. Only had the one opportunity but (apart from turning his back in defence, which was a big no no) looked more dangerous than Beale, Norman and Rivett did.

Active Now

• Howie
  • Emanon
  • Ironbroncos
  • Fitzy
  • Lozza
  • KickHaas
  • Rookie Alan
  • johnny plath
  • FACTHUNT
  • Robboi_321
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Astro
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • jarro65
  • Totally Unr3al
  • RodF
  • RolledOates
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.