Israel Folau wants out... I'll show him the door.

Gingerballs said:
Ok, name these talented backs that Henjak hasn't used.
If Gagai continues his strong form he could be a big challenger to Hoffman for FB...

I also think that Gillett could turn himself into a really good center. he has good footwork, he's a ball player with a good offload and strong defence all the things that make a good center. not sure about speed though.

I also keep hearing the rumour that Tate may be headed back next season

Foordy said:

I hope that is false, We really do not have room for him.

draggx said:
Foordy said:

personally, i think that rumor will only eventuate if we do lose Folau

Foordy said:
draggx said:
Foordy said:

Even if we do lose Folau, I really don't want Tate back.

As great as he was when we had him, his form dropped after 'that' injury and I don't think he's been the same player since. Far too one dimensional nowadays.

I'd rather sign someone a bit younger who has shown they are capable of producing quality footy in first grade.

If we did lose Folau i would love for us to get Willie Tonga but i don't see that happening

ningnangnong said:
Foordy said:
draggx said:
Foordy said:

Even if we do lose Folau, I really don't want Tate back.

As great as he was when we had him, his form dropped after 'that' injury and I don't think he's been the same player since. Far too one dimensional nowadays.

I'd rather sign someone a bit younger who has shown they are capable of producing quality footy in first grade.

Which one? Neck, left knee or right knee?

IMO he's a shadow of his former self. The thing that helped him stand apart a few years ago was his speed and spirit. He still has his spirit, but his speed is long gone.

Foordy said:
If we did lose Folau i would love for us to get Willie Tonga but i don't see that happening

I would love for us to make sure Kemp,Winter,Yow,Hoffman,Copely,Glenn all stay :P

A big No to Tate, if Izzy goes which I think he will, we need a few more years out of Hodges and hopefully Winterstien or Copley can step up and play left centre.

Can't see Izzy going back to the Storm now

Unless he misses all the freebies. [icon_razz1

If the Rebels sign Issy or Slater (or both as rumoured) on million dollar contracts then that just makes John O'Neil a laughing stock after he very publicly stated just last month that RU would now only initially sign RL players to incentive based contracts.

The Rebels coach was actually pretty emphatic yesterday in saying that Slater was out of the question, which I found surprising. Folau and Le Gaz were still well and truly in their sights though.

I for one would be devastated if Falou left, I love watching him play. If he does leave the Broncos I hope it's to stay in the NRL as I still want him for QLD.

They can have Folau. He's not worth the money to be spent to keep him, and he's not worth the players we lost to keep him.

If, by releasing Folau, we can get Hannant, I'll pay for Izzy's flight to Melbourne. We have plenty of depth in the backs and could be the opportunity to get that front rower we desperately need. Now that we have Tronc as well we'd be looking like a more fearsome unit.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5859046658

THE Brisbane Broncos concede Israel Folau will almost certainly walk out on the club at season's end and could be sacrificing up to $500,000 to stay in rugby league.

The strike centre has until Friday to decide whether he will take up a two-year option to remain at Red Hill.

But Brisbane chief executive Bruno Cullen admitted he was increasingly nervous about the club's prospects of retaining Folau as he weighed up a huge offer to join fledgling Super rugby franchise the Melbourne Rebels.

"You are always nervous when they haven't signed and if the offer is anywhere near the vicinity of where is being speculated we are obviously going to struggle," Cullen said on Tuesday night.

"It would be very disappointing to lose him. But I am quite sure that Israel hasn't lied to us. When we have spoken to him all the way through I believe he was genuine when he said to us that he loved rugby league and really enjoyed being at the Broncos and wanted to stay.

"This offer has come along in the past few days and it will be difficult for him to ignore.

"We understand it is a substantial offer and what do you say to a young kid who has the chance to make quite extraordinary amounts of money at such an early stage of his career?"

It is thought the Rebels offer could be up to $800,000 a season, with the Australian Rugby Union's contribution to be propped up by third-party arrangements.

Following Karmichael Hunt's shock defection to the new AFL side on the Gold Coast last year, the loss of Folau, who has scored six tries in five games this season, would rip a massive hole in the Broncos backline.

Cullen also vehemently denied speculation that Folau's Broncos contract had been supplemented by a $200,000 "off the table" cash injection provided by high-profile supporters group the Thoroughbreds.

"I am quite sure, and I have investigated these rumours, that they are simply not true," Cullen said.

Reds fullback Peter Hynes on Tuesday said he could understand the Rebels' big-money play for Folau.

"He's a big, powerful guy with unbelievable aerial work and he already has the profile in Melbourne," Hynes said.

I'd be disappointed if he went but Izzy would be mad to turn down a million dollars a year.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • LittleDavey
  • Dash
  • bb_gun
  • mrtij
  • Allo
  • cento
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Aldo
  • Nerd
  • phoenix
  • Astro
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncoscope
  • Gaz
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Big Del
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.