Israel Folau wants out... I'll show him the door.

I guess if he signs for Union we will have him for the Representative portion of the season.

Well I guess that's one positive.

"I'm probably in a position now where we'll probably pick somebody else."
Quote from Meninga. Is he saying Folau probably won't be selected either way because there is other options or is he saying his indecisiveness / lack of commitment to league is enough for him to pick someone else?

broncospwn said:
"I'm probably in a position now where we'll probably pick somebody else."
Quote from Meninga. Is he saying Folau probably won't be selected either way because there is other options or is he saying his indecisiveness / lack of commitment to league is enough for him to pick someone else?

I'd say he said that because it looks as though Folau will be going to union.

Or he's shown absolutely no reason to be selected this year.

Bannermania said:
Major JW Hochstetter said:
A 21 year old has a chance to set up the rest of his life, of course his head would be confused.

Tough decision to make.

Great point, which everyone seems to be ignoring.

Izzy is younger than most people on here and he's having massive amounts of money thrown at him. Sounds great in theory, but I reckon he'll be having a torrid time trying to decide what to do with his career. Huge decision to make for someone so young and relatively inexperienced at life.

ningnangnong said:
Bannermania said:
Major JW Hochstetter said:
A 21 year old has a chance to set up the rest of his life, of course his head would be confused.

Tough decision to make.

Great point, which everyone seems to be ignoring.

Izzy is younger than most people on here and he's having massive amounts of money thrown at him. Sounds great in theory, but I reckon he'll be having a torrid time trying to decide what to do with his career. Huge decision to make for someone so young and relatively inexperienced at life.

Surely God would make the decision for him?

hahahah rumours this morning that he will sign with the Rebels today.. This really is a kick in the teeth for the Broncos IMO.

Let it go guys, he wants to make a change, you guys lost Sailor and Tuqiri two massive names, and you still kept winning.

THINK OF ALL THE CAP ROOM.

Bannermania said:
Let it go guys, he wants to make a change, you guys lost Sailor and Tuqiri two massive names, and you still kept winning.

THINK OF ALL THE CAP ROOM.

^^^ This, plus he's only been with us for 2 seasons. I still don't really consider him a Bronco.

I am not to worried about him leaving more concerned about the club itself. We lost a fair few players to get Folau iit is just disappointing.

Bucking Beads said:
I am not to worried about him leaving more concerned about the club itself. We lost a fair few players to get Folau iit is just disappointing.

Too right !!! Think of all the players we lost to get Izzy (and keep KHunt)

At least now we'll have some money to throw at some other players, as well as try and make sure our gun juniors are locked away.

This leads me to believe that he is actually happy at Broncos and playing NRL. Tough decision for him to make, but really a few years in union to set his family up is just too good of an opportunity. Hopefully when he's done with union he comes back to the Broncos.

tkday said:
This leads me to believe that he is actually happy at Broncos and playing NRL. Tough decision for him to make, but really a few years in union to set his family up is just too good of an opportunity. Hopefully when he's done with union he comes back to the Broncos.

Exactly. If he was unhappy, he would've made the decision a long time ago. The poor kid doesn't know what to do from himself.

I really hope that Broncos supporters don't boo him if he leaves.

Broncos fans are really passionate and I can see them doing this because they feel he is abandoning Broncos. In a way I guess he is. But I can understand why he is or would be leaving, so I wouldn't be booing him.

How do you spend 800k a year when your 21 have no children and are busy training for football all year?? Also if you don't drink and are deeply religious how does money even matter as much???

Bucking Beads said:
How do you spend 800k a year when your 21 have no children and are busy training for football all year?? Also if you don't drink and are deeply religious how does money even matter as much???

Gold plated bibles.

And Faberge Eggs. They are addictive!

Plus you can literally roll around in your money. "hahahha! I'm so rich I can lie in bed surrounded by money!"

Active Now

• Astro
  • Griffo
  • OnToSomething
  • Pablo
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.