Israel Folau wants out... I'll show him the door.

Bucking Beads said:
How do you spend 800k a year when your 21 have no children and are busy training for football all year?? Also if you don't drink and are deeply religious how does money even matter as much???

My guess would be setting up his family as well.

draggx said:
Bucking Beads said:
How do you spend 800k a year when your 21 have no children and are busy training for football all year?? Also if you don't drink and are deeply religious how does money even matter as much???

What his parents, Brother and Sisters?? Thats a joke surely!

That's the way some people are, help immediate family with money as well as themselves. If he saved the money for a few years and invested it wisely he could be set up for life after footy.

To add to that, who know what injury he may incur while playing footy. He could be injured badly and not be able to play at a young age. Moving to union would be his safety net in case something happens later in life or so he can retire after footy. Makes sense to me.

Bucking Beads said:
draggx said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":1d9xx5p4]How do you spend 800k a year when your 21 have no children and are busy training for football all year?? Also if you don't drink and are deeply religious how does money even matter as much???

What his parents, Brother and Sisters?? Thats a joke surely![/quote:1d9xx5p4]

How is setting up his family a joke?

I certainly wouldn't boo him. As much as I think anyone who takes the dollars to waste away in rugby union is a dipshit, it's his right to be a dipshit.

It'd be another thing entirely if he'd said all along he wanted to stay and then changed his mind. That's dishonest. He hasn't done that.

so if he signs with union do we drop him for the rest of the season to give a guy who will be here for a few more years a go?

I'd change jobs for an extra 200k a year. It's disappointing, but I can't say I blame him.

To be honest though, can't really see him being a success in Union. Doesn't have the skills to play 12 or 15, Mortlock will have the 13 wrapped up and definitely not quick enough to play on the wing.

he can GTFO, hes more a storm guy then a bronco player anyway. now we got cap room, lets get petch & boyd back.

Anonymous person said:
so if he signs with union do we drop him for the rest of the season to give a guy who will be here for a few more years a go?

Nup. Even if we weren't in an injury crisis, fact is we're paying him at least $250K this season to play, so it'd be a total waste of money not to play him.

It's not like he's a Justin Hodges circa 2001 who was on a pittance.

Coxy said:
Anonymous person said:

Nup. Even if we weren't in an injury crisis, fact is we're paying him at least $250K this season to play, so it'd be a total waste of money not to play him.

Exactly, There's a huge difference between Izzy and say whoever doesn't make our full strength team out of Winterstein, Kemp or Yow Yeh.

Whilst there wasn't too much between Hodges and Tate at the time. Hodges may have been a little more talented but the fact Tate was going to be there the next year more than balanced this out.

Coxy said:
Anonymous person said:

Regardless of what happens, he will be there. He's got an amazing work ethic, whether he's in form or not. If he signs with Union, he will play his heart out until the last minute of the season.

Either that, or the Broncos let him go.

Bannermania said:
Bucking Beads said:
draggx said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":2zlcji7z]How do you spend 800k a year when your 21 have no children and are busy training for football all year?? Also if you don't drink and are deeply religious how does money even matter as much???

What his parents, Brother and Sisters?? Thats a joke surely!

How is setting up his family a joke?[/quote:2zlcji7z]
Izzy is very family orientated. He takes good care of them. He bought a friend of mines house when he first arrived here. My friend and Izzzys dad became mates. He goes over there every now and then and they are a very close knit group. His parents have been there supporting and encouraging him. Why is paying them back with say a house such a bad thing?

It just sounds like bullcrap to me. I thought parents are meant to support and encourage there children??

they do, and to show his thanks if bought them a house. Now for all we know they just live in it and its still in his name. If could see it as a place for his family live and am investment.

Coxy said:
Bannermania said:
Let it go guys, he wants to make a change, you guys lost Sailor and Tuqiri two massive names, and you still kept winning.

THINK OF ALL THE CAP ROOM.

^^^ This, plus he's only been with us for 2 seasons. I still don't really consider him a Bronco.

+1

I was pretty stoked when we signed him, but yeah, he hasn't really been as good as how he was playing for Melbourne. So, I'm not going to be too devastated if he does leave us. We will have money to buy us some players!

Bucking Beads said:
It just sounds like bullcrap to me. I thought parents are meant to support and encourage there children??

But Izzy is now an adult and obviously feels like he needs to repay his parents. If I came into big money right after my own home my Parents would be getting theirs paid off.

draggx said:
Bucking Beads said:

But Izzy is now an adult and obviously feels like he needs to repay his parents. If I came into big money right after my own home my Parents would be getting theirs paid off.

no doubt I would be the same but he is playing football for a living it isn't exactly winning 10 million on the lotto is it,.

Active Now

• OnToSomething
  • Pablo
  • Astro
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.