Israel Folau wants out... I'll show him the door.

Bucking Beads said:
draggx said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":9i3ba1zw]It just sounds like bullcrap to me. I thought parents are meant to support and encourage there children??

But Izzy is now an adult and obviously feels like he needs to repay his parents. If I came into big money right after my own home my Parents would be getting theirs paid off.

no doubt I would be the same but he is playing football for a living it isn't exactly winning 10 million on the lotto is it,.[/quote:9i3ba1zw]

If he plays Union on 1mil a year it might as well be.

draggx said:
Bucking Beads said:
draggx said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":298tu3qd]It just sounds like bullcrap to me. I thought parents are meant to support and encourage there children??

But Izzy is now an adult and obviously feels like he needs to repay his parents. If I came into big money right after my own home my Parents would be getting theirs paid off.

no doubt I would be the same but he is playing football for a living it isn't exactly winning 10 million on the lotto is it,.

If he plays Union on 1mil a year it might as well be.[/quote:298tu3qd]

but the whole point of going to Union is to set himself up fo life!! If he uses all his money to set up his family than he will have nothing left for himself.

draggx said:
Bucking Beads said:
draggx said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":1hkkdei4]It just sounds like bullcrap to me. I thought parents are meant to support and encourage there children??

no doubt I would be the same but he is playing football for a living it isn't exactly winning 10 million on the lotto is it,.

If he plays Union on 1mil a year it might as well be.[/quote:1hkkdei4]

We don't really know how much, but even if it's still 800k a year that's a hell of a lot of money.

Bucking Beads said:
draggx said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":2vn9z8gj]
draggx said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":2vn9z8gj]It just sounds like bullcrap to me. I thought parents are meant to support and encourage there children??

If he plays Union on 1mil a year it might as well be.[/quote:2vn9z8gj]

but the whole point of going to Union is to set himself up fo life!! If he uses all his money to set up his family than he will have nothing left for himself.[/quote:2vn9z8gj]

And by earning the extra I'm sure he could afford to set himself up and his family, And surely that will be on his mind.

Just saw on another forum that Izzy has notified the Broncos he is leaving

[icon_shru

He has not been as good as everyone thought he would be.

Lets go for some long term (not TATE) Key players

Civ and one more good prop (Hannant if not too expensive, or Tolman)
Cronk / Slater / Inglis - 1 or 2 of these.

Izzy was on a backended contract so with the extra money from this and losing Sims and Setu, we may be able to get 2 of the Melbourne superstars

DP icon_thumbs_u

Who said we're losing Sims and Setu ??

I hope we get Petero and Hannant, they'd be great role models for our younger forwards.

Locky also hinted we'd be looking at a Storm player also .... let's hope it's Inglis icon_thumbs_u

jarro65 said:

I hope we get Petero and Hannant, they'd be great role models for our younger forwards.

Locky also hinted we'd be looking at a Storm player also .... let's hope it's Inglis icon_thumbs_u

where did he give this hint?

dprior said:
Just saw on another forum that Izzy has notified the Broncos he is leaving

Yeah i have heard this from a couple of people as well.

jarro65 said:
Foordy said:
jarro65 said:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... -tsj2.html

Not just Locky who hinted, Bruno pretty much confirmed we'd be looking at signing a Storm player.

Agree with Queenslander, this is another blow for rugby league. Sailor, Tuqiri and now Folau.

ningnangnong said:
jarro65 said:
Foordy said:
jarro65 said:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... -tsj2.html

Not just Locky who hinted, Bruno pretty much confirmed we'd be looking at signing a Storm player.

Agree with Queenslander, this is another blow for rugby league. Sailor, Tuqiri and now Folau.

he'll be back in league once his contract is up, after he realises that Union is SHIT

Sailor and Tuqiri came back. Folau will come back.

Coxy said:
Sailor and Tuqiri came back. Folau will come back.

Hopefully he comes back sooner than the other two.

but we missed what.. 7 years of tuqiri, probably the best years he will offer too. such a pity. The nrl has to stand up and do something to stop this. we cannot have a salary cap when competing sports in the same country do not. it just cannot work

Izzy won't be back for a while he will be off to do his missionary work after Union I reckon!

the Broncos need to make a play for Cronk.

a brilliant Centre like Inglis would be awesome, no doubt - but without the halves directing the play and getting the ball to him, hes not going to be as effective as he could. Cronk should be our top priority, as lockyer only has 1 year left tops, and Wallace......well hes essentially Shane Perry 2.0. Hunt has shown nothing great so far either.

and yes tuqiri did come back, but he was only like 23 when he left, and 30 when he came back - we DEFINITELY missed out on the best of him. at least we saw the best of Sailor in league before he left. lets hope folau either stays, or comes back in 2-3 years.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.