Israel Folau wants out... I'll show him the door.

its all nice to say, but Inglis is on big money at the storm. Id assume he would like to stay on that. I see him going to England tbh

draggx said:
Bucking Beads said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":14xmyhuq]I like the idea of securing Tronc up, he is a hardworker and a big metre eater. We only really need one of Petro and Hannant. Inglis will be awesome at the Broncos our style of play will suit him much more!

Our style of play?! Our style of play in regards to centres is use them from a stand still, which is how hes being used at the storm right now. He would be much better suited to a team that spreads the ball, like the tigers, panthers or saints.
Having said that, he would still carve

dude the Broncos spread the ball wide a fair bit, especially to the left side. Inglis would get so much ball he would have a rash!!

Inglis Left, Hodges Right..... Kemp and Yow Yeh on the wings......[/quote:14xmyhuq]

Shame we won't have decent halves to get the ball out to them lol

So nothing official yet?
Does that mean he's staying?

I really want him gone tbh.

Yeah but if Inglis is an option I would take him anyday, especially considering he's a left centre and Hodges is a right centre. Actually I would prefer any one of the 4 storm stars over Folau.

It's not the worst thing to happen if he stays he's still a very good player but I would prefer to see him gone.

broncospwn said:
So nothing official yet?

He's got till the end of the month to let the Broncos know what's going on.

So, end of trade tomorrow.

broncospwn said:
Yeah but if Inglis is an option I would take him anyday, especially considering he's a left centre and Hodges is a right centre. Actually I would prefer any one of the 4 storm stars over Folau.

It's not the worst thing to happen if he stays he's still a very good player but I would prefer to see him gone.

The key word in your post is "option". There is no guarantee that the Broncos will pick up any of the Storm players, be they "the big 4" or anyone else.

Folau is 21...I will be very disappointed if he leaves as the guy has barely scratched the surface of his ability as yet

The Rock said:
I don't. I'd prefer he stays, his best league is ahead of him and he's an asset to your backline. Also, even with Folau staying put we should have enough to retain Tronc and buy Petero by the sounds of it, so our team still looks strong for future years.

However, if Folau goes then I can handle that because it means we can spend.

Win-Win IMO.
considering we have been in talks with both Petro and Hannant for over a month, I dont think either deals are reliant on Izzy going.

jarro65 said:
broncospwn said:
So nothing official yet?

Alright, can't wait till 5.30 tomorrow :)
Hope his decision to leave doesn't affect the teams performance.

Another positive from him going is we get him throughout the whole year because he won't be selected for rep games which will really help during the origin period.

I think we will sign Petero, Hannant and one storm player.
Petero won't be asking for much, it's a one year contract before he retires and probably with a job at the club after he retires.

broncospwn said:
jarro65 said:
broncospwn said:
So nothing official yet?

Alright, can't wait till 5.30 tomorrow :)
Hope his decision to leave doesn't affect the teams performance.

Another positive from him going is we get him throughout the whole year because he won't be selected for rep games which will really help during the origin period.

I think we will sign Petero, Hannant and one storm player.
Petero won't be asking for much, it's a one year contract before he retires and probably with a job at the club after he retires.

Dunno about that, I reckon Petero might be after a last big pay day. If he doesn't get it from the Broncos he could most likely get it somewhere else.

I'd rather have a crack at getting Boyd back instead of worrying about any Storm players!!

So whats the wishlist?

1.Hannant/Petro
2.Inglis
3. Slater
4. Cronk
5.??

Browny said:
So whats the wishlist?

1.Hannant/Petro
2.Inglis
3. Slater
4. Cronk
5.??
I'm sure Tiger Woods would fit under the cap.

Bucking Beads said:
[quote="Big Pete":2xsnlcy2]Only if Boyd came as a bargain.

What do you mean bargain?? He is an outstanding fullback[/quote:2xsnlcy2]

Yeah so any amount would be a bargain.

Scotty said:
draggx said:
Bucking Beads said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":2xmexv4f]I like the idea of securing Tronc up, he is a hardworker and a big metre eater. We only really need one of Petro and Hannant. Inglis will be awesome at the Broncos our style of play will suit him much more!

Our style of play?! Our style of play in regards to centres is use them from a stand still, which is how hes being used at the storm right now. He would be much better suited to a team that spreads the ball, like the tigers, panthers or saints.
Having said that, he would still carve

dude the Broncos spread the ball wide a fair bit, especially to the left side. Inglis would get so much ball he would have a rash!!

Inglis Left, Hodges Right..... Kemp and Yow Yeh on the wings......

Shame we won't have decent halves to get the ball out to them lol[/quote:2xmexv4f]

He should be playing fullback if we got him.

none of the storm 4 mentioned are off contract next year, so we have very little chance of getting them

shadow said:
none of the storm 4 mentioned are off contract next year, so we have very little chance of getting them

that isn't going to matter they are going to have to release one of those 4 players, the reports say that with their back ended contracts they could be $1million over the cap for next year without getting rid of one of their stars they will never get under the cap, even if the release some of their mid range players. paycuts just wont do it

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • broncos4life
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.