Israel Folau wants out... I'll show him the door.

I would prefer Cronk as well. We'll always produce decent enough backs, but they'll look more than decent with a solid halves pairing headed by someone of Cronk's ability.

But that's in theory. The question is can we afford him along with some needed personnel up front?

from what i have heard around the traps is the money will be used to secure Tronc, make a play for either Petro or Hannant, Inglis is the Storm player and Sims and Setu are gorrrnnne.

I like the idea of securing Tronc up, he is a hardworker and a big metre eater. We only really need one of Petro and Hannant. Inglis will be awesome at the Broncos our style of play will suit him much more!

QUEENSLANDER said:
The nrl has to stand up and do something to stop this. we cannot have a salary cap when competing sports in the same country do not. it just cannot work

They won't do anything until it's a club other than the Broncos losing all their players. This will be the fourth marquee player we've lost to another code (including Hunt who, whether you love him or hate him, was a major name in league). If any NSW club like the Eels, the Dragons, the Knights etc looked like losing half as many, the NRL would be onto it in a flash.

This is not a conspiracy theory - "oh the rugby league world is against us" etc - I think they simply don't feel inclined to help the Broncos. I don't know whether it's a general anti-Qld bias, or they're still bitter about super league, or they just think the Broncos have been successful enough without help, but it seems they turn a blind eye to any setback and have a giggle behind closed doors. It probably doesn't help that all the players were Qlders to boot.

Aeetee said:
from what i have heard around the traps is the money will be used to secure Tronc, make a play for either Petro or Hannant, Inglis is the Storm player and Sims and Setu are gorrrnnne.

That would all be quite lovely.

Any rumour on a new CEO??? How about a coach with hair??

Bucking Beads said:
I like the idea of securing Tronc up, he is a hardworker and a big metre eater. We only really need one of Petro and Hannant. Inglis will be awesome at the Broncos our style of play will suit him much more!

Our style of play?! Our style of play in regards to centres is use them from a stand still, which is how hes being used at the storm right now. He would be much better suited to a team that spreads the ball, like the tigers, panthers or saints.
Having said that, he would still carve

QUEENSLANDER said:
Bucking Beads said:

Our style of play?! Our style of play in regards to centres is use them from a stand still, which is how hes being used at the storm right now. He would be much better suited to a team that spreads the ball, like the tigers, panthers or saints.

dude the Broncos spread the ball wide a fair bit, especially to the left side. Inglis would get so much ball he would have a rash!!

well mister cox if you must know i have this good mate who i can go to for inside info. Then i have a few others i can squeeze of juice and low and behold the same infomation came out. So i thought 3 different sources..... Hmmm smoke fire char ching. You watch none of it will happen now : )

Aeetee said:
well mister cox if you must know i have this good mate who i can go to for inside info. Then i have a few others i can squeeze of juice and low and behold the same infomation came out. So i thought 3 different sources..... Hmmm smoke fire char ching. You watch none of it will happen now : )

just like your Justin Poore rumour hahah. I am glad that one didn't happen. [icon_lol1.

hahaha yeah yeah that one bit me on the ass. He was up here for talks and they did seem positive. Oh well... Poore fail :)

schmix said:
It probably doesn't help that all the players were Qlders to boot.
lets not beat around the bush - its called the National Rugby League, but its still the New South Wales Rugby League at heart.

like you said, if it was manly, parramatta or st george who have had 4 superstars only for them to switch to union, the salary cap wouldve been scrapped/changed significantly, or the NRL woulve made concessions to help them keep the player. because its a qld team or possibly melbourne, they wont move an inch.

the ONLY player that i think the 'NRL' would consider stepping in to stop a QLD team losing is Thurston, because they know how important he is to the game.

Anonymous person said:
schmix said:
It probably doesn't help that all the players were Qlders to boot.
lets not beat around the bush - its called the National Rugby League, but its still the New South Wales Rugby League at heart.

like you said, if it was manly, parramatta or st george who have had 4 superstars only for them to switch to union, the salary cap wouldve been scrapped/changed significantly, or the NRL woulve made concessions to help them keep the player. because its a qld team or possibly melbourne, they wont move an inch.

the ONLY player that i think the 'NRL' would consider stepping in to stop a QLD team losing is Thurston, because they know how important he is to the game.

Remember when there was talk of Andrew Johns going to Union? There was outcry, outrage...
Bruno's response was "why should we do anything to stop him? Nobody helped us to keep Wendell and Lote."

Coxy said:
Remember when there was talk of Andrew Johns going to Union? There was outcry, outrage...
Bruno's response was "why should we do anything to stop him? Nobody helped us to keep Wendell and Lote."
iirc, didnt the NRL and Channel 9 both step in and offer him big money on top of his contract with the Knights to make him stay? if it wasnt money, it was a guaranteed job after league - i know it was one of the 2, if not both.

Anonymous person said:
Coxy said:
iirc, didnt the NRL and Channel 9 both step in and offer him big money on top of his contract with the Knights to make him stay? if it wasnt money, it was a guaranteed job after league - i know it was one of the 2, if not both.

Not the NRL IIRC, but Channel 9 and someone else definitely did, and the NRL said it would pass the salary cap auditing because "the Knights didn't arrange it".

Bucking Beads said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":3bsrlh80]I like the idea of securing Tronc up, he is a hardworker and a big metre eater. We only really need one of Petro and Hannant. Inglis will be awesome at the Broncos our style of play will suit him much more!

dude the Broncos spread the ball wide a fair bit, especially to the left side. Inglis would get so much ball he would have a rash!![/quote:3bsrlh80]

Inglis Left, Hodges Right..... Kemp and Yow Yeh on the wings......

And Winters to cover for Hodgo's 10-12 rounds on the sidelines.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.