Israel Folau wants out... I'll show him the door.

shadow said:
none of the storm 4 mentioned are off contract next year, so we have very little chance of getting them

Contracts don't really matter in situations like this.

Bruno on Footy Show now. He said that there was only two clubs playing well under the salary cap, The Broncos and the Knights. It also appeared that Bruno Knew that Folau wasnt staying. If we get rid of Sims and Setu at the end of the year and given i think Folau is about 99% chance of leaving, we will have big big bucks to spend.

He also hinted the Broncos could pick up one of the Storms best 4 players. Personally i think it would be Slater or Inglis. We have Wallace and Hunt to take over from Lockyer. We have Mccolough so i cant see smith coming.

Bucking Beads said:
[quote="Big Pete":2znu1gop]Only if Boyd came as a bargain.

What do you mean bargain?? He is an outstanding fullback[/quote:2znu1gop]

I wouldn't pay more than 200K for him.

Boyd strikes me as a decent fullback in an outstanding team, not vice versa. He's a bit like Peter Wallace in that in a good team he'll go well, but in a crap team he'll do crap. There's nothing wrong with that, but I certainly don't think he's all that special. Slater and Inglis are far superior in that regard, and in most other areas. If you're looking beyond that I'd love Josh Dugan. He strikes me as a very special player and will very soon be the best defensive fullback in the game (if he isn't already)

Inglis. Make it happen.

Dugan is a good shout as well, massive potential.

Nashy said:
Forward would be nice.

Well the talk about Hannant/Civo was happening before this Folau business. Perhaps one of those is still on the cards?

ill be super disappointed if we go after slater. i hate that guy and will always hate him.

Why?

He's a fucking amazing player who plays a position where the Broncos have two pretty average options available.

coz i think hes a complete twat. Im not saying it wouldnt be good for the broncos, I'm saying I would hate the decision.

Hearing this from another forum - Apparently the Fumbleball Footy Show have said that the West Sydney Somethings have offered Izzy a 3 Mill/3 year contract. Also said that he had done testing with the AFL Development team in the off season.

Brisbane Broncos star Israel Folau linked with switch to AFL
April 29, 2010

The AFL could offer big money to rugby league star Israel Folau in a bold bid to recruit him for their Greater Western Sydney expansion team.

Channel Nine's AFL Footy Show is reporting that Folau's management approached the AFL several weeks ago.

The Footy Show is saying that the AFL have tested Folau and are considering an offer to him of up to $3 million over three years.

Much of the money would be for promoting the Greater Western Sydney team, scheduled to join the AFL in 2012.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 11,00.html

So...does that mean Falou can say to the Broncos tomorrow I'm not activating the 2 years on his contract and then take the rest of the year to sign with either Union or AFL? Or does he have to say tomorrow (actually today) that he's staying with the Broncos? It's all very confusing. Hope he stays, and I've been checking reports regularly to see if he's going. One hopes if he hasn't announced it already he's staying.

money hungry folau will join money hungry hunt and leave the broncos. end of story.

Mister Wright said:
So...does that mean Falou can say to the Broncos tomorrow I'm not activating the 2 years on his contract and then take the rest of the year to sign with either Union or AFL? Or does he have to say tomorrow (actually today) that he's staying with the Broncos? It's all very confusing. Hope he stays, and I've been checking reports regularly to see if he's going. One hopes if he hasn't announced it already he's staying.

As far as i understand it, he has to say something TODAY to activate his get-out clause.

If he says nothing, that means he'll be with us for a further two years

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.