Israel Folau wants out... I'll show him the door.

So you guys definitely know what Folau is getting paid then?

Ok.

Bucking Beads said:
ningnangnong said:

Ok.

Do you??

Nope, but I'll bet it's nowhere near the sensationalised figures you two have come up with.

ningnangnong said:
Bucking Beads said:
ningnangnong said:

Ok.

Do you??

Nope, but I'll bet it's nowhere near the sensationalised figures you two have come up with.

What figure did I suggest????

ningnangnong said:
Bucking Beads said:
ningnangnong said:

Ok.

Do you??

It's fairly obvious.
Top players get top dollars, it's ridiculous to think otherwise.
There's no doubt Folau is on a huge pay packet just like there's no doubt Scott Minto wouldn't of been on a high paypacket.

It really isn't rocket science the point of the cap is to balance talent and it does that because higher paid players get paid more and average players get paid less thus the talent evens out.

I was under the impression that Folau signed a relatively low paying contract in the region of 200-250K, which increased each year. Being his second season with us, I doubt that it's all that much higher at the moment.

ningnangnong said:
I was under the impression that Folau signed a relatively low paying contract in the region of 200-250K, which increased each year. Being his second season with us, I doubt that it's all that much higher at the moment.

I do believe it is not in the ridiculous figures that other supporters think he's on (they say 400-500) but I find that hard to believe - because basically that is what Locky, Hodges and Hunt would have been on when they signed him... maybe he has a back pay contract (I doubt it with the two year OPTION)...

My guess is as good as yours but I'd say you are closer to the mark then you think... I reckon he's on 300-ish nothing more than 350.

The reason is I doubt he would have taken 200 over clubs offering 400. (at the time)

I hope he goes, doesnt look like he wants to be at the Broncos. Give us heaps of cash to spend end of this year

Donny said:
I hope he goes, doesnt look like he wants to be at the Broncos. Give us heaps of cash to spend end of this year

+1.

IMO he's never struck me as a "Bronco". Apart from anything else he doesn't get drunk and hang out in handicapped toilets...clearly doesn't fit our culture. [icon_razz1

Look, he may well be going, but I can't believe how many people on this forum eat up what the media dishes out, no matter how many times they've been proven to be full of crap! Everyone's jumping down his throat when no one knows what's actually going on as yet.

Emma said:
Look, he may well be going, but I can't believe how many people on this forum eat up what the media dishes out, no matter how many times they've been proven to be full of crap! Everyone's jumping down his throat when no one knows what's actually going on as yet.

Meh, I've been jumping down his throat since he signed and the Broncos then let 5 players go to fit him in.

Surely with the cash we are spending on Folau if he does leave then we could afford to buy any replacement centre we wanted. I hope we dont go for tate. He has to many injuries and i wouldnt be able to handle two seasons in a row of an rediculous injury toll.

Any other alright centres we could be on the look out for coming off contract?

Coxy said:
Emma said:

Meh, I've been jumping down his throat since he signed and the Broncos then let 5 players go to fit him in.
That's all well and good, but I'm talking about people that are jumping down his throat for something that hasn't and may not ever happen.

we will know shortly. apparently he has it in his contract, that he must exercise his get out clause by the end of April - thats 4 days

Emma said:
Coxy said:
Emma said:

That's all well and good, but I'm talking about people that are jumping down his throat for something that hasn't and may not ever happen.

Emma, the media doesnt "make up" the way he looks on the field. Looks like he is unhappy, doesnt want to be there and no involvement.

Im not having a go at him, if he doesnt want to be at the Broncos then i'd rather see him leave. Id rather see him play at the Storm and be happy then play at the Broncos and be unhappy.

I wont be happy if the NRL lets him go to Rugby Union though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not fussed at all if he wants out of the Broncos based on what I've seen from him this year (for the reasons others have stated).

However, I will be gutted to see another talented back like Izzy being wasted away in Union.

Ivan has basically said he's ok with Israel leaving if he's not happy. I think pretty much everyone agrees with that. I think we haven't seen the best of him yet so it will be a big blow for us. I think this year he has shown some rough patches (of not showing enough heart or whatever you want to call it) but that's probably because he's got a lot on his mind.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • BruiserMk1
  • Emanon
  • Astro
  • Howie
  • Ironbroncos
  • Fitzy
  • KickHaas
  • Rookie Alan
  • johnny plath
  • FACTHUNT
  • Robboi_321
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • jarro65
  • Totally Unr3al
  • RodF
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.