Issac Luke joins the Broncos

If you look at what this guy can do at his best, he's not too bad, and as a bonus, he can kick goals in addition to his general kicking game.

Admittedly this is a 4 year old vid but still, he thinks and that's what we need in a dummy half.

Also has a bit of a hard edge which we're lacking

That, and the fact he is always looking, thinking, planning as opposed to simply reacting and passing because that's what a dummy is "supposed" to do - get rid of the ball rather than setting up opportunities. I can only imagine what he could achieve with our weapons in this forward pack of ours, which will soon start to really dominate oppositions in the middle and on the edges.

Last edited:
Experience is always welcome in this team, especially in a position we are severely lacking in.
On the other hand, if the friggin Dragons don't want him, you gotta worry a little bit.

Some people are actually happy about this signing?

I remember a time we used to be a club that only signed top-tier talent. Stars or future stars of the game in most positions.

Now, we are grateful and happy signing players like Isaac Luke, lol.

What a fall from grace for this once dominant club.

At this rate we could sign Peter Pan and people would be excited and claim its a good thing.

This reeks of desperation and a lack of foresight. Surely when Macca was being offered to other clubs there was some conversation about what if Turpin got injured?

On one hand I get that he adds experience but on the other hand Luke can hardly stay fit enough to string 5 games together.

I remember a time we used to be a club that only signed top-tier talent. Stars or future stars of the game in most positions.

Can’t have stars in every position and he is a good player with experience. Honestly mate, if you want to judge the current environment against the days when we had superstars everywhere and interesting ways of using the cap you are going to constantly be disappointed.

At this rate we could sign Peter Pan and people would be excited and claim its a good thing.

This reeks of desperation and a lack of foresight. Surely when Macca was being offered to other clubs there was some conversation about what if Turpin got injured?

On one hand I get that he adds experience but on the other hand Luke can hardly stay fit enough to string 5 games together.

It does reek of desperation, but the Broncos really ARE desperate. We've got a rookie halfback playing almost 80 minutes at hooker right now.

Experience is always welcome in this team, especially in a position we are severely lacking in.
On the other hand, if the friggin Dragons don't want him, you gotta worry a little bit.
Dragons signed him to cover McInness injury. This was largely solved by the suspension of the competition.
[automerge]1592013862[/automerge]

We have always signed cheap signings too. This is bottom dollar and not much downside. It wont win us a comp but a good signing in my view. Replaces Perese I presume as he was still in our 30 last time it was submitted

Last edited:
It does reek of desperation, but the Broncos really ARE desperate. We've got a rookie halfback playing almost 80 minutes at hooker right now.
I dont think it's desperate at all. He is the best of what is avalable in a position we have injuries. He is experienced with a tough mentality and comes cheap. A bit like seggy when we signed him

Last edited:

Broncos have always made signings like this...

Bennett loved a cheap experienced player.

Macca? At his best, Luke shits all over Macca who is a simple journeyman hooker. Competent but no more.

His signing assumes a lot of course, not least that he remains fit, and he plays to the form of which he is capable, which applies to every signing.

For mine, what Luke brings separate to experience is that he THINKS before he passes or runs, something our young hooker s don't do yet. What we need in the middle is precisely that - someone who can set up our killer forwards rather than simple passing without regard to anything more than getting the ball away from the ruck.

Desperation? So fucking what? I only care about how we can best use the talent we have, and if Luke delivers, fantastic.

Last edited:
Of all the 9s available Luke was my pick of the bunch. He might be past his best but I'm sure he'll lift once he pulls the Broncos jersey on. In his Rabbit days he was such a talent. He may not have the speed of then but he will still posses the guile and he'll be able to pass that on to our young up and coming hookers.

I would look at Saab too. He is a big fast strong winger. A bit like having another Coates. One on each wing would be nice

Last edited:

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • The Strapper
  • Maroon4life
  • GCBRONCO
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Gaz
  • Reds2011
  • Financeguy
  • NSW stables
  • Howie
  • Galah
  • Big Del
  • marw
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bert_lifts
  • Harry Sack
  • Redfern_1980
  • OnToSomething
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.