It’s not Seibold’s fault

if there's no suitable and obvious replacement for Siebs available right now.....I really dont see too much point in sacking him tomorrow...

Something has to be done...this cannot continue a day longer; im not sure if its additional help off the field, a new assistant coach etc...I have no idea....

All I know, is that the few coaches capable of taking this type of job on (assuming they actually would want too...) aren't available....

At the very least.....the very least...start dropping *****, do it publicly and hold them and everyone else to account...

if there's no suitable and obvious replacement for Siebs available right now.....I really dont see too much point in sacking him tomorrow...

Something has to be done...this cannot continue a day longer; im not sure if its additional help off the field, a new assistant coach etc...I have no idea....

All I know, is that the few coaches capable of taking this type of job on (assuming they actually would want too...) aren't available....

At the very least.....the very least...start dropping *****, do it publicly and hold them and everyone else to account...

Problem with this team it seems when players get dropped, other players in their clique will have a massive tantrum. Some guys are probably filthy Macca got let go and are playing like pus in protest.

Problem with this team it seems when players get dropped, other players in their clique will have a massive tantrum. Some guys are probably filthy Macca got let go and are playing like pus in protest.

In that case they can join him, because this squad needs a serious old reality check right up their asses. It is a footy club, not a boys club, and we will see positive results on field, no matter who has to be chopped.

A few more club records set tonight under this wonderful regime of Seibs aka Spuds. The man who supposedly was going to the take the Broncos to the next level.

Greatest loss margin in club history- 59 points (beating the mark he set only 5 games ago)

Roosters greatest winning margin in their history- (112 years)

First time being shutout at home in club history.

Worst halftime deficit in club history- 29 pts.

Least amount of ball possession in club history- 36% (tied with last week)

Most running meters conceded in a single game in club history- 2334

Most running meters conceded to an opposition front rower in club history- Lindsay Collins 272

Most tackles made by team in a single game in club history- 415

These are only the ones that I can think of. I'm sure there are more. No doubt, Seibs will set some more milestones before he is run out of town.

Not right, did you make them up?

Made 445 against the Storm in 2015.

Seriously just cut our losses with him and his inner circle and get Hodgeo + Parker in as co-coaches for the rest of the year until we can clean this mess up, because fair dinkem how much damage are we doing to these young guys by putting up with this?? They need to be surrounded by real fucking footballers, not glorified spreadsheet jockeys.
If we are going to change i'd go something like this. I don't really care about their tactical ability at this point, a coach gets the Broncos looking like they care about winning a premiership is all I want. But i'd still be giving Seibold the rest of the year to see what he can do with troops back.

Last edited:
I agree this isn't 100% Seibold’s fault. We have definitely been a victim of unfortunate circumstances including a bad injury toll, suspensions, tough draw to restart the season, some 50/50 calls not going our way and a rule change we've struggled to adapt to.

However, unfortunately for Seibold we've recorded our two worst losses in history under his watch over the last 5 games. That would suggest that the above circumstances aren't to blame. Especially when you consider Brisbanes history of fielding young inexperienced sides through the origin period over the past 30 years and we never looked as poor has we have recently.

I think also the fact that our victories have generally come off the back of individual brilliance and there doesn't seem to be any real improvement to the teams performances really shine badly on the coach. Add to that our defensive system hasn't improved under him and if anything seems to have gone backwards.

But i think the two biggest issue with Seibold is his inability to get the team up for big games and our poor dicipone. Two things that a coach must be held accountable for. The teams performances have often been plagued with giving away dumb penalties that lead to points or swing the momentum away from us. Have a look at team with the top coaches, they simply don't accept poor discipline.

I think Seibold will begin to lose the dressing room, if the guys are doing on the field the same thing they're doing at training and what the coach is telling them and getting belted then the boys are going to lose faith in him.

Last night in my opinion started a ticking time bomb that will end Seibold’s tenure as Broncos coach. People will start question his job and media report's of him losing the dressing sheds will be the first straw. Nothing short of a miraculous season turn around will likely save him. Yess he's been the victim of unlucky circumstances but unfortunately someone has to pay the price, and it will be the coach. Been a Broncos coach is a job most would not envy.

All I know is the two games I watched live last year at Suncorp, when that was still a thing, the lack of any form of structure or planned attacking plays was baffling, and the individual brilliant performances were masking how bad that really was, isn't this a coaching issue?

It's not seibold's fault?

..... Except it really is.

In fairness, he did correctly identify the problem area - the coach - now we just have to wait for it to be acted upon. Hopefully he's sacked today.

It’s 4pm now. He’s not getting sacked today surely

See, I agree with him. Everybody is out with their pitchforks and torches on a witch hunt. There is absolutely nothing he could have said without people picking it apart.

The funny thing is I'm not even Siebs fan. I don't dislike the bloke but I feel kind of strange being one of the only one's here that isn't piling on. I'm especially surprised at many of the more intelligent posters (historically) acting so flat-out stupid. Many resorting back to bullshit derogatory name calling and still having a tall-poppy shot about this Harvard bullshit...

It isn't even "just a game" anymore, it's just entertainment in line with advertising money and merchandise, yet so many are acting like it's the end of the bloody world. Enjoy what little footy is still on display in this melodrama named the NRL.
We just lost by 10 tries to 0, with the opposition looking like they could run through us like wet paper. That followed a similar performance last week. Of course, there was nothing he could say. It's obvious this team is badly coached.

What we saw out there was his plan being enacted. I'm not having any of this bullshit about the player's attitude. If a player has a "bad attitude" for example James Roberts last year, you flick him down to the reserves, and then ultimately offload him if it's a personal conflict that can't be resolved.

When you start to hear that players enmasse have a "bad attitude" that's code for poor coaching. Either the coach doesn't have their respect - I don't think that's the case - or the coach is bad at his job. I'm betting on the latter.

I neither like nor dislike Seibold, but I've come to the conclusion he's not a good coach for this team. Perhaps not any NRL team.

Last edited:
The funny thing is I'm not even Siebs fan. I don't dislike the bloke but I feel kind of strange being one of the only one's here that isn't piling on. I'm especially surprised at many of the more intelligent posters (historically) acting so flat-out stupid. Many resorting back to bullshit derogatory name calling and still having a tall-poppy shot about this Harvard bullshit...

It isn't even "just a game" anymore, it's just entertainment in line with advertising money and merchandise, yet so many are acting like it's the end of the bloody world. Enjoy what little footy is still on display in this melodrama named the NRL.
I was going to write a long-winded diatribe about how this is quite possibly the stupidest post I've read since the one I wrote this afternoon, or the one I wrote this morning, or last night for that matter, complete with alliterative expletives, long-winded run-on sentences and numerous unflattering references to Fat Tony the Harvard Huckster and his preference for pinching, poaching and otherwise purloining pallet upon pallet of pies producing his perfectly portly appearance, but you might have a point to be fair.

I guess there's a massive load of bad shit going on and normally we'd be relying on going out with mates and watching the footy to chill. Pubs are closed and all the usual social channels are drying up so when the Broncos are dire, and we have been absolutely dire, people can get all wound up with no way to release it and end up going fucking berko on the internet.

Last edited:
Just watched Nine's footage of the players limping into the club like whipped dogs. They all looked shattered, with the exception of one. I'll give you two guesses who strolled in like he was the most content **** on earth.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Allo
  • bert_lifts
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.