It’s not Seibold’s fault

See, I agree with him. Everybody is out with their pitchforks and torches on a witch hunt. There is absolutely nothing he could have said without people picking it apart.

The funny thing is I'm not even Siebs fan. I don't dislike the bloke but I feel kind of strange being one of the only one's here that isn't piling on. I'm especially surprised at many of the more intelligent posters (historically) acting so flat-out stupid. Many resorting back to bullshit derogatory name calling and still having a tall-poppy shot about this Harvard bullshit...

It isn't even "just a game" anymore, it's just entertainment in line with advertising money and merchandise, yet so many are acting like it's the end of the bloody world. Enjoy what little footy is still on display in this melodrama named the NRL.

Nope. It was 59 - 0. That's not entertainment, it's not competition, it's a dud start to what is the absolute highlight to many people's weeks.

The team expect out support, they ask for our help during covid, they get us to pay our memberships so they can hold them for us until next year, they tell us how much they need us, but then they dish up absolute bullshit like that?

But the lead up. It's been shit for a long time. But we still see the same useless players, given the same opportunity, and **** it up more times than not.

At what point do we get to feel a bit of disrespect, and at what point are we allowed to be upset at this club, that many of us are very invested in?

Just watched Nine's footage of the players limping into the club like whipped dogs. They all looked shattered, with the exception of one. I'll give you two guesses who strolled in like he was the most content **** on earth.
My first guess is Darius. How am I going so far?

The loss was sad, and I was never particularly sold on Seibold as a coach, but I'm not prepared to dump it all on him at the moment either. The worst part of the losses has been how easily we drop the ball, but I've still felt a lot worse many times over the past 20 years when we were losing games with teams that were far more experienced but with a lower ceiling for potential than the one that played last night.

I can see how Seibold is wanting the shape the team, but it is hard when he's been hamstrung by some horrible player deals that were in place before he arrived and take up so much cap space (Boyd, Kahu, Bird). With how young our team is even at full strength, we simply can't be missing 5-6 of our best players like we are at the moment and expect to win games against the top teams.

By far the biggest issue the Broncos have had over the past 10 years is that we haven't had a proper, solid, peak-of-their-game Origin-standard 1, 6, 7 or 9 since Lockyer retired. You could easily argue that none of our spine are even in the top 5 in their positions across the NRL and haven't been for the last 3-4 years. Until we have the cap space available to address that, and one or two Origin-standard players in those positions willing to come to the Broncos, I don't know that things will change much.

Last edited:
How people can defend seibs at this point is beyond me. I’m just glad the majority have seen what I saw 18 months ago before the bloke even put on a Broncos shirt. He’s completely out of his depth and should never have been given the job.

Missed the part where he repeatedly dropped the ball or missed tackles.
Or basic game plans like dealing with your own tiring defence and forwards.

Last edited:
Missed the part where he repeatedly dropped the ball or missed tackles.

Or implemented ANY kind of structure whatsoever.

Remember all his horschitt about his precious structures and how he needed a proper pre-season to get them in place? That was the problem we heard repeatedly last year.

I’m sure COVID-19 will be the excuse this year.

Excuses are about the only thing he seems to excel at.

The loss was sad, and I was never particularly sold on Seibold as a coach, but I'm not prepared to dump it all on him at the moment either. The worst part of the losses has been how easily we drop the ball, but I've still felt a lot worse many times over the past 20 years when we were losing games with teams that were far more experienced but with a lower ceiling for potential than the one that played last night.

I can see how Seibold is wanting the shape the team, but it is hard when he's been hamstrung by some horrible player deals that were in place before he arrived and take up so much cap space (Boyd, Kahu, Bird). With how young our team is even at full strength, we simply can't be missing 5-6 of our best players like we are at the moment and expect to win games against the top teams.

By far the biggest issue the Broncos have had over the past 10 years is that we haven't had a proper, solid, peak-of-their-game Origin-standard 1, 6, 7 or 9 since Lockyer retired. You could easily argue that none of our spine are even in the top 5 in their positions across the NRL and haven't been for the last 3-4 years. Until we have the cap space available to address that, and one or two Origin-standard players in those positions willing to come to the Broncos, I don't know that things will change much.

Actually it’s even worse than that. Theee is only two players who would likely be considered top five in any position - Haas and Fifita. Maybe you’d go with Staggs too but probably not. That’s bad.

Actually it’s even worse than that. Theee is only two players who would likely be considered top five in any position - Haas and Fifita. Maybe you’d go with Staggs too but probably not. That’s bad.

Haas and Fifita are the ONLY players in the team I wouldn’t swap for anyone.

Anyone else and I’d swap with their starting counterpart from just about any other team in the comp, in a heartbeat.

Seibold keeps talking about how we’re building for the future, but I am starting to wonder if we’re building with straw, rather than bricks and mortar...

See, I agree with him. Everybody is out with their pitchforks and torches on a witch hunt. There is absolutely nothing he could have said without people picking it apart.

The funny thing is I'm not even Siebs fan. I don't dislike the bloke but I feel kind of strange being one of the only one's here that isn't piling on. I'm especially surprised at many of the more intelligent posters (historically) acting so flat-out stupid. Many resorting back to bullshit derogatory name calling and still having a tall-poppy shot about this Harvard bullshit...

It isn't even "just a game" anymore, it's just entertainment in line with advertising money and merchandise, yet so many are acting like it's the end of the bloody world. Enjoy what little footy is still on display in this melodrama named the NRL.

Well said.
Some of the comments in this thread make an eerily similar comparison to some of the stuff you see spouted over on the Facebook pages of doom.
It will be interesting to see if (bloody hope) we come good the backflip some fans will make on Siebs and half the squad they have asked to be sacked, all while being unable to provide a viable immediate solution (apart from an unknown source like Kev etc)
I'm not excusing the performances nor the coaching, but what we have is what we as fans frustratingly have to deal with. If Bellamy became available tomorrow would I want us to make a play? Of course. Unfortunately that isn't the case, and as much as I love Kev I can't see bringing him into this current situation improving anything.

It doesn't seem too long ago post round 2 so many were starting to "buy into" the culture the club was creating. Then the last two rounds have just brought that crashing down.

Words can't express how disappointed I have been with the last 6-12 months of our footy, selections and just about everything else but it's always going to be rough before it gets better. Not playing like under 12s with our completion rate and defence will be a great start, but one step at a time.
Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Last edited:
Says more about Milford than Seibold
Lol no it doesn’t.

when he was coached by a good coach, he was good.

When he’s coached by a shit coach, he’s....

I’ll let you figure it out

Haas and Fifita are the ONLY players in the team I wouldn’t swap for anyone.

Anyone else and I’d swap with their starting counterpart from just about any other team in the comp, in a heartbeat.

Seibold keeps talking about how we’re building for the future, but I am starting to wonder if we’re building with straw, rather than bricks and mortar...
Nope. Carrigan busts a gut and he's exactly the type of player I'd want cloned a few times. Like your two choices though too.

Lol no it doesn’t.

when he was coached by a good coach, he was good.

When he’s coached by a shit coach, he’s....

I’ll let you figure it out

What does that say about Kevin Walters?

coach aside, what about or fitness coach who is it? The only player who looks fit is haas but he’s an animal who built a wicked motor well before he came to us. Or do we just put it down to having to defend so much from poor discipline? I’ve watched every game since restart and everyone looks fresher and faster on the field.
[automerge]1591394774[/automerge]
Yeah, Ricky got him pumping, I agree.
He’s definitely turned out to be a bloody good coach.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Tmac
  • Cavalo
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Lozza
  • achievedrap
  • Gaz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • broncoscope
  • Midean
  • Bucking Beads
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Fatboy
  • Morkel
  • Sproj
  • kiwi2
  • Fozz
  • Bish
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Old Mate
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.