It’s not Seibold’s fault

But rich to expect him to do so in the course of ONE season.

Really? Bennett brought 4 experienced NRL players with him when he came here in 2015 and had Milford handed to him on a platter by Griffin. We had a massively different squad between 2014 and 2015. That is one season by my counting...

especially when they have contracts

Kodi and McCullough ‘had contracts’ all the players Bennett got rid of when he came back had contracts too. Funny how we seem to be able to shed players whenever we WANT to...

The facts are we have backed the wrong horses ironically, and have done so for years. We’re still backing them (as a club) when we’re getting flogged 59 nil...

Next Tuesday will be telling. Not one player got sacked or dropped after we got disgraced, 58 nil last year. If no-one is dropped ahead of next week, then the club has completely lost the plot.

Last edited:
If the six again rule wasn't brought in, does anyone think we would have been beaten that badly?

Or did the long break mess it up for us?

We were looking very promising. It's been downplayed by some, but we looked pretty good.

Kodi and McCullough ‘had contracts’ all the players Bennett got rid of when he came back had contracts too. Funny how we seem to be able to shed players whenever we WANT to...

Kodi and Macca are both TERRIBLE examples ...

Firstly, Seibs wanted to keep Kodi as a bench weapon, but that wasn't good enough for him, so he went running to a team that would give him a starting halves spot ...

Macca, was dumped as first choice hooker, and chose to run off somewhere he could be number 1 again.

if both of those players wanted to dig their heels in there is absolutely no way seibs could have gotten them off the books

Kodi and Macca are both TERRIBLE examples ...

Firstly, Seibs wanted to keep Kodi as a bench weapon, but that wasn't good enough for him, so he went running to a team that would give him a starting halves spot ...

Macca, was dumped as first choice hooker, and chose to run off somewhere he could be number 1 again.

if both of those players wanted to dig their heels in there is absolutely no way seibs could have gotten them off the books

Way to miss the point, the point was that when a club wants to shed a player, there is almost always a way.

You need to look past the ‘math’ of it all. People aren’t mathematically calculable. Use your grey area, and don’t disgrace yourself by thinking the world is so black and white, FFS.

What the eff are you talking about? Seibold has had since December 2018 to recruit some players. I give him credit for off-loading as much of the deadwood he has inherited as he has, but I find his recruitment choices of going ‘all in’ on kids to be utterly ridiculous.

He complained during the press conference the team on the park is ‘the best we had’ well it’s your squad buddy... Maybe find some better players then...

If the six again rule wasn't brought in, does anyone think we would have been beaten that badly?

Or did the long break mess it up for us?

We were looking very promising. It's been downplayed by some, but we looked pretty good.
I can’t tell if we’ve come back extremely unfit or if the rule change has really hurt us.

we looked gassed after 5 mins against roosters... although against eels we held out for a long time having to defend a huge amount of sets on our line, so maybe the young guys just dropped their heads completely against the roosters and had beaten themselves before taking the field.

our ruck defence has been poor for what seems forever so rule changes to make it quicker through the middle always felt like it was going to hurt us.

before the break our defence was working better and we were getting a nice roll on with our forwards, and I think we looked a top 6 team if injuries were kind... in the last two games we haven’t given ourselves any shot at even playing due to conceding early and then dropping the ball.

the worst thing for us is that the eels and roosters have shown you just need to get us into an arm wrestle and the young guys will eventually fold...

Last edited:
Really? Bennett brought 4 experienced NRL players with him when he came here in 2015 and had Milford handed to him on a platter by Griffin. We had a massively different squad between 2014 and 2015. That is one season by my counting...

The facts are we have backed the wrong horses ironically, and have done so for years. We’re still backing them (as a club) when we’re getting flogged 59 nil...

Next Tuesday will be telling. Not one player got sacked or dropped after we got disgraced, 58 nil last year. If no-one is dropped ahead of next week, then the club has completely lost the plot.

Why drop anyone? We already had and will have, our entire back row out, our strike centre was out, our hooker, Lodge for the Eels game ... and with all of them playing, we did rather well in Rds 1 & 2.

Who will replace whoever we drop? Rookies with no or limited NRL experience against Manly. If so, I reckon we will set a new record for the highest score against us.

Dropping and sacking isn't the answer. Not yet anyway. Whenv we get flogged with the best side on the field, maybe that discussion will have good grounds.

How does he forget all the skills he learned in those years? Surely the coach isn’t telling him to camp out on the left and do nothing. What’s happened to his long kicking game? Surely he’s capable of calling for it and taking some heat off the half back. It can’t all be the coaches fault he’s fallen off a cliff.
You are forgetting who you are talking to.

Noticing that those defending Seibold are yet to answer the question I asked about what he has done well so far. The excuses aren’t making him look any better.
Getting rid of deadwood...?

Also noticed we actually put on a rightside play last year. Alot more than we ever did circa 2016- 2018

Last edited:
Seriously just cut our losses with him and his inner circle and get Hodgeo + Parker in as co-coaches for the rest of the year until we can clean this mess up, because fair dinkem how much damage are we doing to these young guys by putting up with this?? They need to be surrounded by real fucking footballers, not glorified spreadsheet jockeys.
bloody oath hodges and parker had more clue of what was going on at the club during the pre-match press-conference than Seibold did at the post-match press conference

Bennett is reportedly doing the whole "i told you so" because we didn't hire JD ... but that is definitely a butthurt, premature "i told you so" ...

firstly JD is the ASSISTANT coach of a team lower on the ladder, secondly no-one knows how he would go as a head coach in the NRL, because he has never been one

Getting rid of deadwood...?

Also noticed we actually put on a rightside play last year. Alot more than we ever did circa 2016- 2018
Getting rid of the deadwood has done so well for us. We went from average to fucking terrible. Coaches shouldn’t be judged on what they get rid of, but what they bring to the table.

Also there are no right side plays, just passing right more often. Which has taken out our actual left side play that often ended in tries.

What the eff are you talking about? Seibold has had since December 2018 to recruit some players. I give him credit for off-loading as much of the deadwood he has inherited as he has, but I find his recruitment choices of going ‘all in’ on kids to be utterly ridiculous.

He complained during the press conference the team on the park is ‘the best we had’ well it’s your squad buddy... Maybe find some better players then...
Recruit these other players how, in circumstances where he (and the club) are hamstrung by the salary cap? He has gotten rid of players, but the club has had to upgrade the contracts of the `young stars' to keep them. Therre was no real money available to buy any experience and there probably won't be until 2022. He has had to resort to bargain buys where he can.

Recruit these other players how, in circumstances where he (and the club) are hamstrung by the salary cap? He has gotten rid of players, but the club has had to upgrade the contracts of the `young stars' to keep them. Therre was no real money available to buy any experience and there probably won't be until 2022. He has had to resort to bargain buys where he can.

and you can just imagine the meltdown from Broncos fans if he allowed some of those 'young stars' to walk in order to recruit that experience

So I'm still bored and decided I'd have a quick stab to see where the contracts might be sitting for the top 30 based on the news headlines and what not.

Was looking to see how much we might have sitting across the playing group and when they are coming off contract to get an idea of how much cap space we might be looking at.

Interesting how quickly it adds up even with so many $110k minimum contracts... the injured and suspended players adds up to $3.36M based on the below compared to the $4M from Seibold... so we currently do have a fair chunk sitting on the sidelines and I'm potentially under quoting some players, but interesting none the less

PlayerAssume contractComment
Jamayne Isaako$300Got an upgrade after his rookie year
Corey Oates$400Think he got the leftovers given how late he signed
Kotoni Staggs$200Could also be on minimum contract. Extended last year I believe so may not come into effect this year
Darius Boyd$800From zero tackle, but who knows. I think he may also be eligible for the veterans allowance
Jesse Arthars$110Assumed to be on minimum
Anthony Milford$1,000As reported and from zero tackle
Brodie Croft$200Assume he's on $400k and Melbourne are paying some freight
Matthew Lodge$700From zero tackle
Jake Turpin$350I believe there were reports he signed for around the same price as Macca... who I recall reading was signed for $400 or so
Payne Haas$500From zero tackle
Alex Glenn$200Just above minimum as reported at the time. Would also be eligible for the veterans allowance
David Fifita$350Got an upgrade somewhere along the line whilst he was in Toyota cup
Patrick Carrigan$300Got an upgrade last year when dogs were sniffing... was no where near the dogs offer, but could be slightly higher (contracted to 2022)
Joe Ofahengaue$500As reported at the time
Tevita Pangai jnr$600From zero tackle
Thomas Flegler$300Think he got an upgrade last year? zero tackle indicates a PO of $600k next year, which seems wrong
Jack Bird$1,000As reported
Jordan Kahu$400As reported
Cory Paix$110Assume on minimum as he was on development contract last year
Herbie Farnworth$110Assume on minimum as he was on development contract last year
Xavier Coates$110Assume on minimum, but may be slightly higher as I recall he extended last year?
Thomas Dearden$110Assume he's on minimum, but may be slightly higher
Richie Kennar$110Assume minimum
Rhys Kennedy$110Assume minimum, but may be slightly higher
Sean O'Sullivan$110Assume minimum
Ben Te'o$110Assume minimum (noting it is also a pro-rata with Macca)
Jamil Hopoate$75Assume he is a $75k 27-30 player
Izaia Perese$75Assume he is a $75k 27-30 player
Keenan Palasia$75Assume he is a $75k 27-30 player
Ilikena Vudogo$75Assume he is a $75k 27-30 player
Total$9,390

So I'm still bored and decided I'd have a quick stab to see where the contracts might be sitting for the top 30 based on the news headlines and what not.

Was looking to see how much we might have sitting across the playing group and when they are coming off contract to get an idea of how much cap space we might be looking at.

Interesting how quickly it adds up even with so many $110k minimum contracts... the injured and suspended players adds up to $3.36M based on the below compared to the $4M from Seibold... so we currently do have a fair chunk sitting on the sidelines and I'm potentially under quoting some players, but interesting none the less

PlayerAssume contractComment
Jamayne Isaako$300Got an upgrade after his rookie year
Corey Oates$400Think he got the leftovers given how late he signed
Kotoni Staggs$200Could also be on minimum contract. Extended last year I believe so may not come into effect this year
Darius Boyd$800From zero tackle, but who knows. I think he may also be eligible for the veterans allowance
Jesse Arthars$110Assumed to be on minimum
Anthony Milford$1,000As reported and from zero tackle
Brodie Croft$200Assume he's on $400k and Melbourne are paying some freight
Matthew Lodge$700From zero tackle
Jake Turpin$350I believe there were reports he signed for around the same price as Macca... who I recall reading was signed for $400 or so
Payne Haas$500From zero tackle
Alex Glenn$200Just above minimum as reported at the time. Would also be eligible for the veterans allowance
David Fifita$350Got an upgrade somewhere along the line whilst he was in Toyota cup
Patrick Carrigan$300Got an upgrade last year when dogs were sniffing... was no where near the dogs offer, but could be slightly higher (contracted to 2022)
Joe Ofahengaue$500As reported at the time
Tevita Pangai jnr$600From zero tackle
Thomas Flegler$300Think he got an upgrade last year? zero tackle indicates a PO of $600k next year, which seems wrong
Jack Bird$1,000As reported
Jordan Kahu$400As reported
Cory Paix$110Assume on minimum as he was on development contract last year
Herbie Farnworth$110Assume on minimum as he was on development contract last year
Xavier Coates$110Assume on minimum, but may be slightly higher as I recall he extended last year?
Thomas Dearden$110Assume he's on minimum, but may be slightly higher
Richie Kennar$110Assume minimum
Rhys Kennedy$110Assume minimum, but may be slightly higher
Sean O'Sullivan$110Assume minimum
Ben Te'o$110Assume minimum (noting it is also a pro-rata with Macca)
Jamil Hopoate$75Assume he is a $75k 27-30 player
Izaia Perese$75Assume he is a $75k 27-30 player
Keenan Palasia$75Assume he is a $75k 27-30 player
Ilikena Vudogo$75Assume he is a $75k 27-30 player
Total$9,390
As i recall the million dollars a year figure for Bird comes from Buzz Rothfield who cracked the shits when he left the Sharts. It was later reported he was on 7-800k a year up here.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • broncos4life
  • Organix
  • Foordy
  • dirtyharry
  • Johnny92
  • Santa
  • Mister Wright
  • Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • lynx000
  • Strop
  • winslow_wong
  • The True King
  • marw
  • Behold
  • Cavalo
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.