It’s not Seibold’s fault

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
As i recall the million dollars a year figure for Bird comes from Buzz Rothfield who cracked the shits when he left the Sharts. It was later reported he was on 7-800k a year up here.
Yeah I recall that as well, but figured I'd go with whatever has been reported to see where things sit.. may have also been backended so that it eventually reached $1M

I think Darius is also on a lower deal at the moment. Can recall last year they were stating $600k dropping to $400k next year. Could be incorporating the veterans allowance as well

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
You know, I'm thinking we could just not let them take the six again. I mean, turn it into a penalty especially down the attackers end. Pull the attacker to the ground and hold on until the ref is forced to blow a penalty. He can scream six again until the cows come home but these six agains seem to inevitably lead to a try. Why not concede some ground, have a blow and reset our defence? I mean, that's how it was before. Even when they are in attack down our end, let them take the two.

Okay, I am just trying to find a way to stop these exhausting 6 agains. Yell at me if you want. I'm bloody sure Bellamy is always thinking about game strategy.

Last edited:
mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
You know, I'm thinking we could just not let them take the six again. I mean, turn it into a penalty especially down the attackers end. Pull the attacker to the ground and hold on until the ref is forced to blow a penalty. He can scream six again until the cows come home but these six agains seem to inevitably lead to a try. Why not concede some ground, have a blow and reset our defence? I mean, that's how it was before. Even when they are in attack down our end, let them take the two.

Okay, I am just trying to find a way to stop these exhausting 6 agains. Yell at me if you want. I'm bloody sure Bellamy is always thinking about game strategy.
I noticed Joffa did that, he raked the ball out on purpose while defending our line. Smart play in the context of allowing the players to reset the line. So if you're gonna have a hand on the ball, you may as well rake it out - as long as it doesn't lead to a prof foul.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I noticed Joffa did that, he raked the ball out on purpose while defending our line. Smart play in the context of allowing the players to reset the line. So if you're gonna have a hand on the ball, you may as well rake it out - as long as it doesn't lead to a prof foul.
You're better than me! I was tired when the game was about to start and hit record and rolled over for a nap. I saw the score later on and just haven't watched the last 60 odd minutes. Mind you, I haven't watched Ben Hunt give NQ a grand final win either and bloddy well won't until we win our next premiership. Then I'm going to watch it as an entree to the winning gf replay!

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
You're better than me! I was tired when the game was about to start and hit record and rolled over for a nap. I saw the score later on and just haven't watched the last 60 odd minutes. Mind you, I haven't watched Ben Hunt give NQ a grand final win either and bloddy well won't until we win our next premiership. Then I'm going to watch it as an entree to the winning gf replay!
I like the cut of your jib. That sounds like a grand plan, I hope you get to enact it prior to 2035.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
@BroncsFan Milford, Bird and Boyd stick out like sore dicks on that list. Their value/worth ratio is just all one sided and it isn't the good side.

Last edited:
Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Interesting times ahead. The media sells blood In the water and going hard at Seibold.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

Nothing is a professional foul these days. Reimis Smith clearly kneed one of the Dragons in the head and got nothing more than a penalty in today's game.
[automerge]1591605272[/automerge]
Interesting times ahead. The media sells blood In the water and going hard at Seibold.

He'll be reprieved, McGregor is the target now.

Last edited:
abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
He'll be reprieved, McGregor is the target now.
jA2kQwE.gif

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Guessing this is about the segment on 360 just now.

Can see Hooper already putting out there what his narrative will be for the week "the interview process to hire Seibold".

Also Kent and Ikin pushing their narrative that we should let some juniors go to sign experience... forgetting that they already spewed their agenda 12 months ago and it was along the lines of us letting Fifita walk to save salary cap.

Not one exec in the world would let Fifita go to sign a fucking Glasby or some shit.

Then pushing the agenda about the experience we let go with the following players:

Macca - so past it it's not funny... will see how long he lasts at Knights and how many offers come in for him in 2021
McGuire - arguably one player we should've kept, but reports at the time suggested he wanted a big money long term deal which he wasn't guaranteed to get here so they let him go
Roberts - chucked a tantrum when the old man left and was allowed to walk... has done two parts of **** all since
Kahu - about as robust as wet tissue paper and wasn't going to be anymore than depth, ends up being injured and comes back injured... What a fucking surprise!!
Kodi - wants to be a starting half (something these same idiots said he wasn't) and was allowed to move on

I hope we beat Manly (not gonna happen) just because these fucking morons won't have anything to talk about... just like round 2

Last edited:
Donald Garner

Donald Garner

NRL Player
Feb 5, 2017
As much as I don’t like Kent, Hooper or Rothfield they made a good point. The broncos media were circulating stats about player experience during the game and Seibold had the rooster comparison in 2014 or whenever it was ready to fire at the press conference.

That stinks. If your going into a game armed with that information expecting to lose then something is really wrong. We should be concentrating on trying to win games not trying to come up with excuses about why we lost before the game has even started.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
As much as I don’t like Kent, Hooper or Rothfield they made a good point. The broncos media were circulating stats about player experience during the game and Seibold had the rooster comparison in 2014 or whenever it was ready to fire at the press conference.

That stinks. If your going into a game armed with that information expecting to lose then something is really wrong. We should be concentrating on trying to win games not trying to come up with excuses about why we lost before the game has even started.

Exactly. Just an utterly shit club mentality and environment. Complacency has a mortgage.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
Guessing this is about the segment on 360 just now.

Can see Hooper already putting out there what his narrative will be for the week "the interview process to hire Seibold".

Also Kent and Ikin pushing their narrative that we should let some juniors go to sign experience... forgetting that they already spewed their agenda 12 months ago and it was along the lines of us letting Fifita walk to save salary cap.

Not one exec in the world would let Fifita go to sign a fucking Glasby or some shit.

Then pushing the agenda about the experience we let go with the following players:

Macca - so past it it's not funny... will see how long he lasts at Knights and how many offers come in for him in 2021
McGuire - arguably one player we should've kept, but reports at the time suggested he wanted a big money long term deal which he wasn't guaranteed to get here so they let him go
Roberts - chucked a tantrum when the old man left and was allowed to walk... has done two parts of **** all since
Kahu - about as robust as wet tissue paper and wasn't going to be anymore than depth, ends up being injured and comes back injured... What a fucking surprise!!
Kodi - wants to be a starting half (something these same idiots said he wasn't) and was allowed to move on

I hope we beat Manly (not gonna happen) just because these fucking morons won't have anything to talk about... just like round 2

Kent even said we were going places when Seibs took over. What is he talking about, from memory we got flogged week one of the finals just like last year. It is total bull that Broncos have been on the up and up since 15.

We went backwards year after year. We resigned the wrong players and let our spine turn to dust.
[automerge]1591606734[/automerge]

Yeah your not wrong there. I hope the boys come out and really make a go out of it this week. I think the excuses go out the window when Manly played with a busted team last year or the year before and made an account of themselves with essentially a reserve grade team for the whole year.

Last edited:
Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
Payne Hass is a fucking god.....

there...feel better everyone..!:rooock::rooock::rooock:

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I think the club is almost in an unwinnable spot at the moment due to the amount of young talent we have. As sad as that is. When we lost Taylor there was an uproar. When we lost Arrow there was an uproar. When we lost J.Nikorima there was an uproar. Among various other young talents lost over the 5 years leading up to Seibold.

Now the club has all of these bright prospects coming through.. and instead of picking and choosing which ones to go all out to keep, we're trying to keep LITERALLY ALL OF THEM. This is coming at the cost of all of experienced players being released and us having zero money to bring in premiership level talent from outside of Brisbane.

I don't know what the solution is, I want to keep Haas, Carrigan, Fifita, Flegler, Staggs, Isaako and to a lesser extent Farnworth, Coates, Niu, Paix, Dearden, Bullemore.. but like.. something has to give, we can't keep every promising prospect and field a team that's experienced and battle-hardened enough to win against men.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
I think the club is almost in an unwinnable spot at the moment due to the amount of young talent we have. As sad as that is. When we lost Taylor there was an uproar. When we lost Arrow there was an uproar. When we lost J.Nikorima there was an uproar. Among various other young talents lost over the 5 years leading up to Seibold.

Now the club has all of these bright prospects coming through.. and instead of picking and choosing which ones to go all out to keep, we're trying to keep LITERALLY ALL OF THEM. This is coming at the cost of all of experienced players being released and us having zero money to bring in premiership level talent from outside of Brisbane.

I don't know what the solution is, I want to keep Haas, Carrigan, Fifita, Flegler, Staggs, Isaako and to a lesser extent Farnworth, Coates, Niu, Paix, Dearden, Bullemore.. but like.. something has to give, we can't keep every promising prospect and field a team that's experienced and battle-hardened enough to win against men.
But we haven't really been trying to keep all of them have we? We let Ese'ese, Wallace, Taylor, Jai Arrow, T. Boyd, Walker all go.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
But we haven't really been trying to keep all of them have we? We let Ese'ese, Wallace, Taylor, Jai Arrow, T. Boyd, Walker all go.

All of those were several years ago outside of Boyd & Walker. Boyd wasn't seen in the same category as any of our other prospects and Walker was 16 years old or something.

Outside of those two, we've kept every kid under the sun for the last 3 years or so, which coincides with our downfall as a club.

2018, 2019, 2020 are the years we've fallen apart.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.