It’s not Seibold’s fault

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Imagine if Andrew McCullough becomes a premiership winning dummy half this season.

[emoji51]

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
As poor as Boyd is, he isn't the reason we are as poor as we are. And I think there are way too many conspirisy theories that Seibs is forced to pick Boyd. He isn't, he just won't drop him.

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
As poor as Boyd is, he isn't the reason we are as poor as we are. And I think there are way too many conspirisy theories that Seibs is forced to pick Boyd. He isn't, he just won't drop him.
I don’t think Darius staying in the team is his choice.
I don't know the truth of this either way, but I must say it doesn't make a lot of sense. Why would the administration do such a piss poor job of sacking Bennett only to turn around and insist our worst performing player is kept on the field for the next two seasons? I just don't get it. The admin shouldn't be picking the team in any case.

Seibold not wanting to drop Boyd to keep some level of connection to the group makes more sense but still keeping him on this year stretches the plausibility a fair bit too.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
It’s strange that after the trials he came straight out and said Boyd was the club’s best choice at centre despite Staggs and Arthars both clearly out-performing him comfortably.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

I disagree from everything I have heard.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
So you say mate, but I think there’s more than enough smoke to send signals.

I'm very confident he is not being forced to pick him. I do know Boyd was looked after with his last contract ( which at one point I didn't think was the case ), but that's about it. Who at the club is really going to overrule a coach to pick a player and keep picking him when he is playing badly. It tarnishes everyone's reputation and weakens the whole club. It's tin foil hat stuff.

Last edited:
Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
If Benji Marshall can be axed, someone who at least puts in a 5+ perfomance every game. Why can't we axe our Spud for better options.

The longer Boyd stays underperforming in our 17, the more I want off the Siebs train.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I'm very confident he is not being forced to pick him. I do know Boyd was looked after with his last contract ( which at one point I didn't think was the case ), but that's about it. Who at the club is really going to overrule a coach to pick a player and keep picking him when he is playing badly. It tarnishes everyone's reputation and weakens the whole club. It's tin foil hat stuff.
So you're saying he's getting picked because Seibold is a shithouse coach?

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
So you're saying he's getting picked because Seibold is a shithouse coach?

Precisely.
[automerge]1591748436[/automerge]
Everyone gets things wrong though mate, and I’d love to see a back and forth with @Smokin' Joe @1910 @rogerwilco and anyone else with connections to the club.

They do, but it just doesn't add up. And if by some chance it was true, it would destroy our reputation as a club, no coach would come here to be undermined. It's just a poor coaching decision.

Last edited:
Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I reckon you are wrong, but that’s okay. I don’t believe a new coach wouldn’t be subject to pressures that an older/experienced coach would have the balls to say no to. As for our reputation... LOL. You’ve contradicted yourself there.

I dont see any contradiction. As a club we still have a great reputation. Its on the field we have lost our way. Off the field we have The best facilities going around and if we get it right an excellent pool of junior players around QLD to the pick from. Lots of good coaches would jump at the chance to work here. That would change if we were found to be undermining the head coach. And you know if it was true Seibs wouldn't keep quiet if it cost him his job because he loves to put the blame for his failures on everyone else.

I don't think the experience thing works either. Good coaches after 12 months in a job would know what they need to do. Ours doesn't.

Last edited:
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
There’s a lot of holes in your argument, but at this point I’ll agree to disagree. It’s good to have differing opinions and hopefully one day we find out the truth of it.

The truth is always the first casualty when its consequences are inconvenient to those who know it,

Last edited:
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Derived from Aeschylus?

Yes. My take on it.

How about: Ignorance is bliss except to those who need to know the truth.

Or

Remember the Golden Rule: Those with the gold make the rules

Last edited:
Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
What do you mean by this exactly?

It is clear he was paid far too much, for far too long as a favour, most likely at Wayne’s ‘suggestion’. No-one conducting an unbiased assessment of his worth, would have honestly believed he deserved what we gave him.

At best in my opinion, he should have been given a year by year contract from 2017 on, depending on his enthusiasm and performance. There was no way on EARTH, he deserved a 4 year contract at marquee player rates.

Last edited:
Matty T

Matty T

Jun 10, 2020
I know a lot might disagree, I’ll hold Seibold accountable for the past two loss even they might be the top 3 team this season, but I won’t hold Seibold accountable for rebuilding yet.

Last season, he came in so late, literally got nothing to do with the crew, so he use whoever he got, this is the first full season he got, and we are still trapped by the cap from the history. What he could do?

The spine:
Hooker, We only get rid of Macca who’s been our 9 for the last decade and not even origin level hookerfor this season only. Seibold use 1 season to make the call, choose Turpin over Macca and so far it proves to be the right call.

Full back, nobody can forget DB’s performance last season, Seibold has to make so many position change to suit Boyd, is he not brave enough to make the call drop Boyd? I don’t know, but I think the management got something to do with it. So Bird stand out to be the best option for 1, but he’s out for the whole season, and Seibold has to stuck with second option Isaako.

5/8, our Million boy Milford, he’s been with us many seasons before, this season and definitely next season too, so what Seibold could do with that? Throw million dollar into water, start Dearden then drop Milford?

Croft, so far he’s already the Best Buy for the past several seasons in my own opinion, and that’s a call from Seibold.

I don’t know what Seibold is capable, I don’t know if he’s a Champion coach, but I don’t think it’s wise to accuse him for the failure of our rebuilding, that’s the failure of the club’s management.
I could be wrong here, but how negative do the media and the commentary team's want to be! Far out they only remember the last 2 games and the finals game.
I remember the FIRST 2 games of the season! How good were they! So good it shows what they can do
I don't think it is a coincidence that post covid (and what i don't hear many people talking about) is the change in rules!
I could be wrong again but This team was put together with the original rules in mind, the extra speed of the game has caught them out a bit and they have only managed 30% of the ball.

You can't win games with 30% of the ball full stop.

They aren't fit enough. They are a big group, yes young, and were not prepared for how much faster the game has got.

You will see. Once they work out the pace of the game and get back in control of possession it will be a different story. Forget Gould, and Gallen's "opinions" the way i see it after QLD did so well for so long they have been waiting for this opportunity to stick the boot in to Queensland, not just the Broncos.

Get in the cardio and Proove them wrong boys! 👍 Matty T

Last edited:

Active Now

• marw
  • Organix
  • Morkel
  • Cavalo
  • Manofoneway
  • Seibs
  • Fozz
  • Swordfish
  • Old Mate
  • maddo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.