Ivan, Ivan, Ivan

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I could live with that for sure, the second hooker on the bench is getting a bit old now IMO.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Jeba said:
I would not be at all surprised to see a shuffle like that rna.

Wallace to 5/8th
Hunt to halfback
Te'o to back row
Gillett to bench
Norman dropped
Either of Kenny, Anderson or McGuire to start.

Well we live in hope. I reckon that line-up would make us very competitive, especially with RBY's tea leaves in the Warrior's Gatorade.

Apart from which, Wal will be in a better position at 6 to kick a 44 metre field goal to win the match in the 79th minute

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
GREG INGLIS'S biggest concern in his contract negotiations with the Broncos was not the money on offer - far from it. It was being coached by Ivan Henjak. For some reason, unknown to this column, Henjak repeatedly gets a bad rap from players. Inglis was keen on the idea of being coached by John Cartwright - in the end the lure of playing with the Broncos' stars and rising stars won the day.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 139v5.html

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
rnabokov said:
Jeba said:
I would not be at all surprised to see a shuffle like that rna.

Wallace to 5/8th
Hunt to halfback
Te'o to back row
Gillett to bench
Norman dropped
Either of Kenny, Anderson or McGuire to start.

Well we live in hope. I reckon that line-up would make us very competitive, especially with RBY's tea leaves in the Warrior's Gatorade.

Apart from which, Wal will be in a better position at 6 to kick a 44 metre field goal to win the match in the 79th minute
I would love to see those changes icon_thumbs_u

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Foordy said:
GREG INGLIS'S biggest concern in his contract negotiations with the Broncos was not the money on offer - far from it. It was being coached by Ivan Henjak. For some reason, unknown to this column, Henjak repeatedly gets a bad rap from players. Inglis was keen on the idea of being coached by John Cartwright - in the end the lure of playing with the Broncos' stars and rising stars won the day.

hmmmmmmmm that doesn't sound all that good. Surely if the players felt that way Henjak wouldn't have got a contract extension

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
Foordy said:

hmmmmmmmm that doesn't sound all that good. Surely if the players felt that way Henjak wouldn't have got a contract extension

Like politics man - in the end, those who matter most (players and fans) count least [icon_thumbs_do

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
rnabokov said:
Bucking Beads said:
Foordy said:

Like politics man - in the end, those who matter most (players and fans) count least [icon_thumbs_do

Or it's the usual - media printing stuff they make up, with no substance and no proof

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, just like when a journalist says "there are some who believe"...in order to let them publish their own opinion under the false presumption it's been expressed to them by someone else.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
SMH is reputable, but then I saw Weidler wrote that article. [icon_lol1.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Perhaps Inglis made a passing remark that was deliberately misconstrued ?

imagine he said something along the lines of this in response to a question he was asked.

"So Greg, you've been coached by one of the best in the game and now you've got a choice between Carty and Henjak, there both inexperienced on the big stage, what're your thoughts ? "

"I've never met Henjak before these negotiations and don't really know much about him but I've heard really good reports about Carty".......journalist conclusion...Inglis prefers cartwright, does not like Henjak....basis for a beat up

or not. That makes the media a chore to endure but it really is the our only choice. There should be a rule about articles like Weedys. It should and must be supported by a direct quote from the person ( Inglis in this case), in its entirety and evidenced by either audio or visual support. I'm dreaming.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I should never have created this monster of a thread...

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
I should never have created this monster of a thread...

Great thread Beads.

It's rather obvious from my posts that I don't like Ivan.

I don't like him because I think he is a poor coach.I think he is ego driven, a smart arse and I think the players don't like him - I have no proof of that, but how else do you account for the sudden nose dive?

As I have posted elsewhere, we were forced to play with inexperienced players this year, and IMO, a drover's dog (to coin a phrase) would have done at least as well as Ivan, probably better, with the immense talent those young ones brought to the team.

Our wins against the Storm, Manly, Dragons, Titans, Sharks and Roosters (a moral victory) showed with the right formula, we could mix it with the best.

Ivan then proceeded to keep changing winning formulae. He dropped Sims. Why?

Next year is his acid test for sure. At least he will have no excuses not to get the team into the GF with the likes of Inglis, Hannant, Kemp and Hodges back.

Hopefully, next year, he will bench Locky's replacement, and blood him for 2012. Maybe it will be Norman. At this stage, it should be. Norman looks the goods.

So from me, no more about Ivan - till early next season, unless we do make the finals and win our first finals match, in which case, I will eat my words, or some of them at least for the time being.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
rnabokov said:
and IMO, a drover's dog (to coin a phrase) would have done at least as well as Ivan, probably better, with the immense talent those young ones brought to the team.
you can say that about pretty much every single broncos team throughout history though. this IS the youngest and most inexperienced team ever put on the field for the season though, so if theres ever been a year where you CANT say 'such and such couldve coached the team and got better results', its this one. getting bundled out of the finals without winning a game for like 4 consecutive years with teams full of experienced 'superstars' is worse IMO than a team of 20 year olds with a handful of matches under their belts missing the finals by a single win.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
The question is WHY........why is this the youngest yada yada yada in history ?? Forget the obvious smart arse answer and question the management, why did we field such a team ?? Why are we re-building(bullshit) ? Why are we were we are this year ??

The answers obvious, we are here because this is exactly where Cullen and Henjak wanted us to be. Cullen and Henjak wanted us to be out of contention, They did not want us playing semi-final football, they couldn't have because if that(playing semis) were truly their goal we would have fielded a team which was a blend of youth and experience. FFS why did we need to adopt this sudden love affair with youth ??

What the hell was wrong with what we had in the past. Fkin Cullen and Henjak trying to re-invent the wheel. Disgraceful.

We should never have been put in this position and could have built for the future while still living in the present, a system that has served us well for the Broncos history.

We missed out because we adopted this department of youth policy. What monumental idiots. Anyone could have coached this years side, afterall, how hard would it be to coach it so badly it missed the semis ???

J

Jazza

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
The salary cap is the reason for the youth policy. Look at all the other teams in the competition. You can't have a team full of stars anymore. You can really only have one or two stars and fill the rest of the team with has-beens, nuffies or youngsters.

Most of our youngsters are tied up for a couple of years, so the strategy is based on short term pain for long term gain. No one was bagging our youth policy when we won five games in a row. So our team has been shown up badly with our star player out. Really we have our two star players out (albeit Hodges hasn't played all season). Take the top player or top two players out of any team and they'll struggle. Nuffies and has-beens probably won't capitulate as badly as the inexperienced guys, but at the end of the day losing is still losing. The young guys will be better for the experience next season. We've just got to hope that Lockyer can stay fit and reproduce his form from 2010.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Bullshit the cap is the problem. Check out Canberras team. One or two stars my arse.You must be joking.Pick any team, I mean any team in this league and you'll find plenty of stars. Mature men is what we needed not an under 20 side led by an aging warrior or two.

We are where we are because of incompetence in the coaching ranks and gross stupidity in recruitment. There are the 2 reasons stated publicly.imo lol

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Anonymous person said:
getting bundled out of the finals without winning a game for like 4 consecutive years with teams full of experienced 'superstars' is worse IMO than a team of 20 year olds with a handful of matches under their belts missing the finals by a single win.

Only because it suits your agenda. Oh and by the way, 2006 Premiership. Only team last decade to win multiple Premierships.

J

Jazza

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
I may have been exagerrating a bit, but essentially you have one or two stars a second tier of solid first graders and then the rest.

Canberra have some very good players, no doubt. The only ones I'd class as "stars" would be Dugan and Shillington. Maybe Campese on his day. The likes of Monaghan, Harrison, Tongue and Learoyd-Lahrs are good players but so are Thaiday, Folau, Parker and T'eo. Before this season I probably would have included Wallace in this category.

And like us, they also have plenty of young players like Dugan, Croker, Wadell, Fensom, Vidot, Thompson etc. I guess the main difference between us and them is that their big strength is up front, where the platform for big games is laid. An area that the broncos management have tried to address for next season with the recruitment of Hannant.

Active Now

• barker
  • winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • BroncosAlways
  • Skyblues87
  • Johnny92
  • FACTHUNT
  • The Strapper
  • Bucking Beads
  • Ondi
  • mystico
  • Manofoneway
  • Stix
  • Sproj
  • TimWhatley
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.