Ivan, Ivan, Ivan

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Who will be first to post ??? It's coming so who will say it first...lol.....not that missing the semis won't make me puke...but...will it come down to beating Canberra at home or will it be over by then ????

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Ivan has done well to get us where we are, missing the semi's had to happen one year.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Why is everyone so confident that we will miss the finals? We are actually a chance of making it even if we don't win another game and we are virtually certain to make the finals if we win 1 out of the last 2 games.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
broncospwn said:
Why is everyone so confident that we will miss the finals? We are actually a chance of making it even if we don't win another game and we are virtually certain to make the finals if we win 1 out of the last 2 games.

I do it because I am comfortable with missing them and really think we should miss them this year. Give the boys more of a reason to fire up for next year. Also I thinK the team and Ivan would learn more from not making the finals.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Bucking Beads said:
broncospwn said:

I do it because I am comfortable with missing them and really think we should miss them this year. Give the boys more of a reason to fire up for next year. Also I thinK the team and Ivan would learn more from not making the finals.
I know where you're getting at, but I disagree. (as usual [icon_lol1. )

It would be very good for many of the kids in the team to experience finals footy and understand what it's about.
I'm also sortta happy they're faltering at the moment, at the same time as other teams get more desperate, as it's the only way they will understand that there is no such thing as "cruise control" in this comp, especially at the business end of it!

We'll certainly need heaps of desperation with or without Locky next Friday at Mt Smart!

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
broncospwn said:

I can see both sides to this. One part of me wants us to miss the finals so we finally address the real issues we have, for one WRAP UP THE BALL! FFS I don't know why we can't learn that one at least. It would be a real wake up call missing the finals.

BUT IMO next year we are a real chance at winning it with Hannant+Inglis coming down. The young guys getting more finals experience will really be useful come finals time next year and I don't want our finals streak to go.

T

tallis12

NYC Player
Mar 10, 2008
Dont talk about next year !!

We are still a chance at being grand finalists of 2010.

Cmon boys bring it home !! :mrgreen:

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Oh please. In what way is missing the finals a good thing?

Plenty said last year that they hope we miss the finals, we ended up going within 1 win from the Grand Final.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Jeba said:

Plenty said last year that they hope we miss the finals, we ended up going within 1 win from the Grand Final.

I agree with the notion of missing the finals is a good thing "IF" by making the finals Henjak is lauded as doing a very good job this year and the massive long winded problems we have in defense are not addressed.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The Brizz said:
Jeba said:

I agree with the notion of missing the finals is a good thing "IF" by making the finals Henjak is lauded as doing a very good job this year and the massive long winded problems we have in defense are not addressed.

well you would think if we miss the finals, more pressure will be on Ivan and he will work harder to fix our defence and some attacking structure to help us cope without Locky

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Making the finals is important for a number of reasons.

1. It preserves the team's proud record;

2. It gives the young players more experience in the games that really matter;

3. It shows the team can do it in spite of Ivan, despite Ivan's best efforts to prevent it happening.

The bad is that Ivan's ego inflates further.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
rnabokov said:
3. It shows the team can do it in spite of Ivan, despite Ivan's best efforts to prevent it happening.

Ah get off it! Ivan does make some mistakes, by his own admission even but he's doing everything he possibly can to get us to be a successful team. It's just as much the playing groups fault as the coach, let us not deny that. The group that go out there and don't put in the effort to run that extra distance to make the tackle or stop an offload share the blame.

I'm sick of fans blaming the coach for losses and giving the players all the credit for wins. I don't think Ivan's the best coach but he's the best available option for our club. I scratch my head at some of shit decisions he makes sometimes but since he's come on as coach he's done a fair job.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
broncospwn said:
rnabokov said:

Ah get off it! Ivan does make some mistakes, by his own admission even but he's doing everything he possibly can to get us to be a successful team. It's just as much the playing groups fault as the coach, let us not deny that. The group that go out there and don't put in the effort to run that extra distance to make the tackle or stop an offload share the blame.

I'm sick of fans blaming the coach for losses and giving the players all the credit for wins. I don't think Ivan's the best coach but he's the best available option for our club. I scratch my head at some of shit decisions he makes sometimes but since he's come on as coach he's done a fair job.

So it isn't the coaches fault that we have used the same retarded structures in defense since about 1995 that allow teams to make 60m a set as well as get repeated offloads away?

F

Ffs...

NYC Player
Jul 10, 2010
We have a young squad. Players don't toughen up mentally until they reach at least their early 20's.

Defence isn't just about coaching or plans, it's about effort, and in our case most importantly, confidence.

I still think IH is an excellent coach. I'm looking forward to see how we go with some stability over the next 3 years. Sure hope the whiny peanut gallery doesn't get int he way of what we are creating.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
broncospwn said:
rnabokov said:

So your analysis of the role of the coach apply equally to the Socceroos?

Sorry. I thought the general and not the troops was accountable for strategy and tactics.

In any case, the effort's there.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Ffs... said:
We have a young squad. Players don't toughen up mentally until they reach at least their early 20's.

Defence isn't just about coaching or plans, it's about effort, and in our case most importantly, confidence.

I still think IH is an excellent coach. I'm looking forward to see how we go with some stability over the next 3 years. Sure hope the whiny peanut gallery doesn't get int he way of what we are creating.

Just for the record Ffs, what exactly is it that we(IH?Broncs) are creating ???

A successful team playing semi final football ??

A stable well drilled team

Kinda makes you wonder don't it....?? I could of sworn that's what we had BEFORE we lost Wayne Bennett !

Unread

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Lostboy
  • Xzei
  • leon.bott
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.