Ivan, Ivan, Ivan

Nashy: " Please use the quote button"

i wish i could use the quote button :cry:

If you hover over the top right, the links are there... just no button.

I have fixed my terrible mistake. Nashy, it is not that you have stated you speak for all but the inference is there. It occurs when you feel you have support for your position on things. You berate those with whom you have a difference of opinion finding fault for the length of their statements but those you feel kinship with do not seem to offend you. On the contrary, they could not write enough if their opinion was aligned with your own. It never bothers you then.

I ,like Rocky will wait to make judgement on Henjak after the seasons end.

How is me saying that I'm not going to praise Ivan berate anyone's opinion? I gave valid reasons why I wasn't going to, and a few people disagreed and gave me their reasons why I should give him credit.

Am I meant to just lay back and accept that they are right, even if I don't believe it. Deadset, you're an idiot.

The Rock said:
The debate on whether Ivan's a good or a bad coach is premature. He's barely had 2 years to prove himself either way. He's a rookie coach. Does anyone think it's just too early to make a judgement?

Couldn't agree more Rock. It takes time to stamp your authority on a team. Time to bring your ideas and methods, and then time for the team to adapt.

I think the biggest tragedy in the NRL is the mentality that coaches should get immediate results and should be sacked if they don't.

As an old aussie rules fan (I don't watch it now!) I recall many many years ago in the South Aust comp a team called Sturt who were hopeless. Finishing bottom or thereabouts and they decided to hire Jack Oatey as coach. The first 2 years under him there was no improvement. But they persisted with him and he ultimeatly led Sturt to their 'glory years' wining 5 premierships in a row. In todays era, Oatey would have been sacked after the first 2 years of failure [icon_non

Hey tkday..........here's a bit of your own back......I'm quoting you here from the Peter Wallace thread

"I was just taking a dig at him because he woul've done the same and then vehemently defending his post "....I'm pretty sure it's would've and not woul've . Okay mate??...... and this from another thread.
"This shaping up to be a bad game."....it should read This is !!! see how you missed out a word and the sentence fails ??...

and this from the locky to miss two weeks thread...."I disagree, I don't think he will do a good job. Let's see whos right"....pretty sure it's who's or who is....

There are so many more but is the point made to you clearly enough ???

I realize you are without imperfection and doubtless you won't feel like a far-ked for correcting others(on an internet forum of all places !!!)but you should.

Too thick to understand your own error but , hopefully some other poster will see how ridiculous and petty it is to pounce on such inconsequential mistakes and not do the same.

Sweet. So can I take it you no longer feel the need to nitpick my writing ??? Afterall, none of this would have occurred had you allowed me to be imperfect.

How long was WB coaching Broncos before he got a premiership? Did he coach another team before Broncos?

1988=1991 then we won the 92 gf...he was an assistant at Canberra before that.

tkday said:
How long was WB coaching Broncos before he got a premiership? Did he coach another team before Broncos?

You're young aren't ya buddy? ;-)

As Huge said, 1988, when the Broncos started, 1992, Broncos first premiership, so 5 years.

He was co-coach with Don Furner at Canberra in 1987 and they were runners up. Bennett effectively was the coach, Furner was the media liaison. Bennett didn't want to do all the public, media stuff, so that's how they worked it.

No, i'm not young, well I don't consider it young... very immature yes, without a doubt (my poor wife, kids love it though). I only used to like watching SOG, couldn't get enough, but watched Broncos once every blue moon. I wasn't that interested in them. I liked them the most, but didn't watch them that often. I'm relatively new to the Broncos. As a matter of fact I only really started watch a lot of their games in 2008. Like I said, I'm no genious footy mind, but definitely love the Broncos!!!! Which we can all agree upon, they are the best friggin team there is and ever will be!

It's interesting to note how long WB took, so I think we shouldn't really be too hard on him. I certainly didn't think about what it was like to only just coaching a team when being an assistant coach for so long. I'm not singing his praises or anything, but I think I will try to be less critical of him from now on. Although when the team is losing from silly decisions it's hard not to be angry :)

Based on this year, I'd say there are quite a few better teams [icon_wink [icon_razz1

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • johnny plath
  • Manofoneway
  • Tim K
  • Gaz
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • Robboi_321
  • Old Mate
  • ostin86
  • theshed
  • bert_lifts
  • LGH
  • broncoscope
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jedhead
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.