Jack Bird Discussion

DV-8_zeVQAAgRqi.jpg:large

Oh no.. Jack is on the Milford diet..

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/188f25e8405b02e48cdfa1a7552352fc

BRISBANE recruit Jack Bird admits he’s gained a few kilos over off-season but has assured fans his weight is not an issue.
Channel Nine aired footage of a shirtless Bird on Wednesday night in a sight that may have Broncos fans a little concerned over their star signing’s fitness.

He was brought north on a lucrative deal and is the club’s big signing for 2018.

He has never been super ripped, but has still managed to be picked for NSW and is one of the game’s genuine stars.

He says he could afford to slim down a little, but he’s not overly concerned about his current physique.

“I don’t think there’s anything to be worried about with my weight,” Bird told Channel Nine.

“I’m happy with my weight. I might have a bit of a gut on me, but that’s how we all are hey.”

“But that’s how we all are” is the most worrying comment.

DV-8_zeVQAAgRqi.jpg:large

Oh no.. Jack is on the Milford diet..

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/188f25e8405b02e48cdfa1a7552352fc

BRISBANE recruit Jack Bird admits he’s gained a few kilos over off-season but has assured fans his weight is not an issue.
Channel Nine aired footage of a shirtless Bird on Wednesday night in a sight that may have Broncos fans a little concerned over their star signing’s fitness.

He was brought north on a lucrative deal and is the club’s big signing for 2018.

He has never been super ripped, but has still managed to be picked for NSW and is one of the game’s genuine stars.

He says he could afford to slim down a little, but he’s not overly concerned about his current physique.

“I don’t think there’s anything to be worried about with my weight,” Bird told Channel Nine.

“I’m happy with my weight. I might have a bit of a gut on me, but that’s how we all are hey.”
As long as he's not "clinically obese"...

I said last season when he was playing for the sharks after he came back from injury he looked like he was carrying a bit of timber.

Of course the centre and winger look like fatty fatty fat fats and the prop is the one looking skinny.

Jack Bird looks out of shape. I don't remember him having a gut at all at Cronulla. Always looked skinny.

I don't really see an issue with it. He's probably still 8 weeks from taking the field and I'm not even sure what level of rehab he is doing at the moment.

He's always had a bit of a gut anyway

Newsflash: people leaning forward look fatter than people not. All this and more in the next issue of Courier Fail.

Newsflash: people leaning forward look fatter than people not. All this and more in the next issue of Courier Fail.

Especially people who say "I might have a bit of a gut on me, but that’s how we all are hey.”

He is payed to play good not look good. I couldn't give less ***** about a gut as long as he performs

He is payed to play good not look good. I couldn't give less ***** about a gut as long as he performs

Nobody here cares about image, we care about performance. If Milford looked like Thaiday but played like 2015 / early 2016 Milford every year nobody would say a damn word, but when the performances start dipping on a regular basis, the question has to be raised.

I'm not worried at all about Bird, he's always been a bigger boy and a bit of added size out in the centres is seldom a bad thing, look at GI.

He’s needs those guts to fuel the cardio apparently. Just like JT and billy slater got so terribly out of shape with their shoulder problems.

He’s out of shape plain and simple but prepared to give him time. He’d want to be on track for the cap he’s eating up...

I doubt he'd be doing much with his rehab so I'm not too bothered - he'll drop the weight necessary when the time comes.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Sproj
  • Galah
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • broncs30
  • Rambstien
  • Alec
  • phoenix
  • bert_lifts
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • Redux
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Justwin
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • Astro
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.