OFFICIAL Jack Bird goes down

JAHHW

NRL Player
Probably expecting too much of the NRL tbh. Comparing it to the most professionally run sport competition in the world (NBA) is wishful thinking.
Exactly.
At this point, I’m almost certain the NRL brass won’t have even heard of coronavirus, much less have plans in place around how to respond to it.

Last edited:

Hammerman47

BRL Player
Gold Coast
FFS.... this guy is a DUD.. cut him loose asap.. wasted millions on him for no return. Could have developed half a dozen good young Queenslanders ........ instead we got a useless new south welshman. Thanks Benny

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Exactly.
At this point, I’m almost certain the NRL brass won’t have even heard of coronavirus, much less have plans in place around how to respond to it.
Coronavirus? NRL: What's that?
You know, COVID-19? NRL: Nup, is that a government law?
Wuhan Corona virus? NRL: Why are you calling my hun? And I'm pretty sure our beer sponsor is someone else.
China outbreak? NRL: Nah China isn't really our thing, too expensive, we go with plastic.
Virus? NRL: You mean the news stories about our idiot players? They are popular.

Time to walk away.
- Merged

Ah hindsight. It’s a wonderful thing.
The guy needs support, etc but there were a lot of people who were not overly keen on him going to Brissy before he came.

Last edited:

dasherhalo

BRL Player
I'm not sure there's not a lot of fake outrage in here?

There aren't too many attacks on him as a person - I'm taking the "**** him off" posts as a outlet of frustration against: his long contract; his pre-existing arthritis, the little gift of the unresolved sternum injury form Cronulla; his large pay packet sitting on the sidelines; etc.

Wanting that situation to go away isn't the same as walking up and spitting on him because you hate the bloke personally. "**** him off" really isn't a personal attack on Jack, it's the (ongoing) situation.

Pity, I was really looking forward to see what a fullback with a bit of mongrel in him would have brought to us.

The Strapper

QCup Player
Strange. It’d be a pretty big gamble for a club to take him on after virtually three years out of the game.
Agree.
There is no way another club would sign him at his current money he would be far to big a risk given his history.
Only way I could see him leaving would be if we subsidised his contract and I have no idea what the clubs view is on that.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
From what Im hearing from through the grapevine, Jack Bird wont take up his player option here at the Bronx. I know these aren't state secrets, but what do we do with the money for 2021.
Very interesting avatar Mr. Broncos fan...

Bit of a masochist are we?

Fozz

International Rep
Staff
From what Im hearing from through the grapevine, Jack Bird wont take up his player option here at the Bronx. I know these aren't state secrets, but what do we do with the money for 2021.
Well, I guess the good news out of that is we'll be able to absorb Maccas contract if he comes back from the Knights and gets paid as a starting hooker instead of a fringe first grader.

Mitch06

NRL Player
Funny, i thought people close to Bird in Brisbane said he was keen to stay ?
I'm not sure why Bird would stay, apart from the money. He's got a long way to go in is career if he can stay injury free. Ever since arriving he's had problems 24/7. I can see him going to the Dragons of Dogs. Either club are dumb enough to pay him a decent amount. Not to say he isn't worth a decent amount but when marquee players are getting injured as much as he has its a high risk recruit.

abashii

NRL Player
Deep Didgeridoo
I'm not sure why Bird would stay, apart from the money. He's got a long way to go in is career if he can stay injury free. Ever since arriving he's had problems 24/7. I can see him going to the Dragons of Dogs. Either club are dumb enough to pay him a decent amount. Not to say he isn't worth a decent amount but when marquee players are getting injured as much as he has its a high risk recruit.
To be part of a good team? When he's back Boyd will be gone, so Bird could slot in at centre or at fullback depending on how other players go. Staying here would probably be more enjoyable than going to a 10-16th type team, give him the chance to really push for his origin spot back, showcase his abilities to earn more on later contracts, win games, maybe win a premiership, and live in the best bit of the country. Plenty of reasons other than money.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulietaRai

Twitter