Jack Reed

He would be great in that final bench spot when Hodgo returns, he is a backrower in waiting.

Reed must do something in attack very soon or he must go back to Qld cup. We will have zero chance of being competitive with the top sides without an attacking centre.

I like Reed. I think he is very quick and great in attack. Last year or 2 he has scored or helped score, some terrific tries. IMO, his timing is a bit off atm but will come good. For mine, he and Copley are a first rate centre pairing.

The interesting question is of course, what happens when Hodges return

I like Reed. I think he is very quick and great in attack. Last year or 2 he has scored or helped score, some terrific tries. IMO, his timing is a bit off atm but will come good. For mine, he and Copley are a first rate centre pairing.

The interesting question is of course, what happens when Hodges return

Either Copley or Vidot gets dropped.

Most likely Vidot. Griffin is a huge fan of Copley. Maranta will keep his spot regardless.

Either Copley or Vidot gets dropped.

Most likely Vidot. Griffin is a huge fan of Copley. Maranta will keep his spot regardless.

I reckon Vidot and Copley are going to prove to be too good to drop. Maranta seems to have woken up from deep sleep and apparently Griffin seems also to be a huge fan of his... which leaves ....

I reckon Vidot and Copley are going to prove to be too good to drop. Maranta seems to have woken up from deep sleep and apparently Griffin seems also to be a huge fan of his... which leaves ....

Gillett? Reed to make the move into the second row?

I don't see it happening.

Griffin loves Gillett.

Yeah I know. But maybe Griffin won't be there anymore? These guys need a stint in the lower grades to give them a kick in the ass. Show them they need to get better

It'll probably be Maranta getting dropped when Hodges comes back, Copley moves to the wing, although I hope Maranta keeps playing well so that it puts pressure on Reed to play better.

It'll probably be Maranta getting dropped when Hodges comes back, Copley moves to the wing, although I hope Maranta keeps playing well so that it puts pressure on Reed to play better.

Most likely scenario IMO. If we're being honest, Maranta would have to keep great form to stay up in the pecking order. Remember that we have Oates returning at some point too (where we play him is another matter).

Reed is quick? To do what? lol... Not running that's for sure!

Seems like Reed will be the whipping boy this year. Tbh I think he will struggle to be in the team when we are at full strength.

Seems like Reed will be the whipping boy this year. Tbh I think he will struggle to be in the team when we are at full strength.

I hope so, but I'd say Griffin would probably retain him over Copley, regardless of form....

I hope so, but I'd say Griffin would probably retain him over Copley, regardless of form....

Why? Why would a coach under pressure to keep his job keep an underperforming player over one in great form. If you are trying to make another "griffin has favourites" post well then Copley would stay regardless as he would be more of griffins favourite over reed.

You can't have it both ways. Back when Copley wasn't performing there were crus of. "Oh griffin will never drop him cos he has his favourites" now that he is playing well he apparently is no longer favoured?

Why? Why would a coach under pressure to keep his job keep an underperforming player over one in great form. If you are trying to make another "griffin has favourites" post well then Copley would stay regardless as he would be more of griffins favourite over reed.

You can't have it both ways. Back when Copley wasn't performing there were crus of. "Oh griffin will never drop him cos he has his favourites" now that he is playing well he apparently is no longer favoured?

Because Griffin seems to have a preference for an incumbent player in any given position even when a potentially better option is available.

Can't really argue as to how people used to perceive Copley, as I wasn't on the forum then....

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.