Jack Reed

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Re: Round 1 - Bulldogs vs Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Honestly thought Glenn outplayed Gillett & Thaiday tonight. My team for next week would be..

1. Ben Barba
2. Daniel Vidot
3. Josh Hoffman
4. Dale Copley
5. Lachlan Maranta
6. Kodi Nikorima
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Martin Kennedy
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Matt Gillett
15. Ben Hannant
16. David Hala
17. Jarrod Wallace

Genuinely thought Reed was a liability tonight, Hoffman in the centres inside Vidot could be amazing.

I love Reed more than most, but I agree.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Reed... in fact I hope Copley ends up replacing him once Hodges is back. But you can't really drop him until then, especially since Maranta has only had one good game.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Reed... in fact I hope Copley ends up replacing him once Hodges is back. But you can't really drop him until then, especially since Maranta has only had one good game.

Agreed on both fronts, on the same token we can't drop Maranta, he's obviously worked his ass off to get to where he is, I'm happy to keep giving him chances, as long as he keeps playing like he did tonight.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I'd be happy to drop Thaiday too. He's in the way more than he's useful.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

Agree with you on Reed. Right from his debut year I thought this guy is an ok....honest ....hard working footballer.

Not overly talented and will only get so far.

I'd give Copley the nod with Hodges, based on how he's going so far this year.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Pretty much. Reed has a lot more credit in his bank than Maranta.

Pretty much.

Reed has only had 1 good season, but Maranta has only had 1 good game.

Agree with you on Reed. Right from his debut year I thought this guy is an ok....honest ....hard working footballer.

Not overly talented and will only get so far.

I'd give Copley the nod with Hodges, based on how he's going so far this year.

He seems to be getting slower too.

And his one positive trait, his defence, is also getting worse.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

Oh I forgot - Reed was hopeless as per usual - at some point someone will start believing me that this bloke is useless in attack and defence and is not worth the money we are paying him - when Hodges comes back Copely will be taking his place on the other side - PLEASE MR. GRIFFEN

Haha as if you forgot :P

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Reed was by far our worst backline member out there tonight. Barba, Vidot, Copley and Maranta all had solid to very good games. Reed was a witches hat.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Seriously guys, Reed wasn't that bad. Sure he may not have been our best but that's only because everyone else was outstanding.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I'm more than happy to stick with Reed for a while longer yet.

He's not really the dud a lot of you are making him out to be IMO.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I'm more than happy to stick with Reed for a while longer yet.

He's not really the dud a lot of you are making him out to be IMO.
Reed would find a spot in a lot of NRL teams. That being said, with all the signings we've made (and with Milford still to come) we've got a super strong backline now so as solid as Reed is he's going to struggle to find a spot.

This is our genuine backline players trying to fit into 5 positions

Barba
Reed
Maranta
Mills
Vidot
Hodges
Copley
Hoffman
Oates (or backrow)

That's a lot of competition for 5 spots, which is fantastic for us! Last year we had no depth in the backline, this year we have strong depth.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
His best qualities are his defence and competitiveness. Can't ever fault him for putting in less than 100%. However, he isn't particularly fast, or strong, and doesn't have much of a step/fend in his toolbox.

Assuming all our backline options are healthy, I'd say sit him out. Unlikely, as history shows Griffin prefers to stick with incumbency over form/potential.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I wish I remembered who the people were on here who gave me shit for saying "With the Origin incumbent out, it's the perfect time for Copley to step up and maybe earn that center spot". I see everyone has jumped on that bandwagon now.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
there were a few of us on the copley bandwagon very early on.

reed may be off the pace due to a short preseason? regardless im sure he'll come good. great competitor and his own harshest critic.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Bish
  • LittleDavey
  • FACTHUNT
  • Skyblues87
  • Santa
  • Jedhead
  • Harry Sack
  • Galah
  • Allo
  • Broncorob
  • RolledOates
  • broncoscope
  • Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • Kev_Guz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.