Jack Reed

You have just named 3 of the best centres in the modern game, we all want those players but it is unrealistic to think they are readily available, not withstanding the fact we already have one of them!

I want another 5/8th like Wally Lewis .... another Kevin Walters ...... another Darren Lockyer!!!!!

Not saying they are readily available .......but we shouldn't be "settling" for mediocre either.

now that Milford is not coming next year maybe play Jack at 5/8th - that will give us the attacking weapon we are looking for as well as his great defensive skills - what do you think saying all that tongue in cheek!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Official - Milford signs with Broncos

Hodges is not a quality centre???

i think i said 2 quality centres - I am sure I said 2 not 1 - dont know where to get them from but we need 2 new ones - SOON!!!!!

i think i said 2 quality centres - I am sure I said 2 not 1 - dont know where to get them from but we need 2 new ones - SOON!!!!!

If attack came down to the centres as much as you seem to think why arent they the highest paid players in the game. Guys like Chambers and Linnett must get sick of all the accolades and money Thurston, Smith etc. get when they are doing all the creative attacking... hardly seems fair

When fit Hodges is probably the best centre in the game that or Lyon. Inglis isn't very good there anymore. Why on earth would we replace him. Yes reed could be improved on but that's the least of our problems. He is a good centre and worthy of first grade. We have other issues to fix first

I didnt say 1 centre - I said we need 2 very good quality centres who can do the WHOLE JOB - not just some of it - yes you need to have a very good spine but you need the centres to finish off the job along with the wingers - the spine may get paid the big bucks but if you dont have quality finishers then we get nowhere

i think Hodges is fantastic but really he is injured - will he stay on the field longer than off it like the past couple of years and if we do not start bringing new players into the system to fill his void then we will be in limbo again for 3 or 4 years - he needs - or we need a back up plan not just throw Stagg in their to plug a gap

How about this back line?

1) Barba
2) Hoffman
3) Folau
4) Hodges
5) Vidot / Yow Yeh
6) Milford
7) DCE

What's that you say? It's not 1996 and we can't keep the majority of the Queensland squad in the cap any more? The fact that we can get within 2 players of that lineup is pretty damn impressive, especially compared to 2013.

i think Hodges is fantastic but really he is injured - will he stay on the field longer than off it like the past couple of years and if we do not start bringing new players into the system to fill his void then we will be in limbo again for 3 or 4 years - he needs - or we need a back up plan not just throw Stagg in their to plug a gap

What? like copley, kahu, hoffman (temporarily) Mills, Vidot, Oates, Drew etc etc. Yeah I think the club has already looked at this. The only reason stagg ended up there was because of one of the biggest backline injury tolls that any club has seen

How about this back line?

1) Barba
2) Hoffman
3) Folau
4) Hodges
5) Vidot / Yow Yeh
6) Milford
7) DCE

What's that you say? It's not 1996 and we can't keep the majority of the Queensland squad in the cap any more? The fact that we can get within 2 players of that lineup is pretty damn impressive, especially compared to 2013.

But But But we're the broncos, we need them, who cares about the salary. We are the broncos! :P

I didnt say 1 centre - I said we need 2 very good quality centres who can do the WHOLE JOB - not just some of it - yes you need to have a very good spine but you need the centres to finish off the job along with the wingers - the spine may get paid the big bucks but if you dont have quality finishers then we get nowhere

Lets go and sign 2 top line centers and bring someone like Peter Wallace into the halves, because thats what will have to happen unless we want to follow the Storms lead and rort the cap.

Reed may not be a superstar center, but he is first grade quality, and signing him on the lower money allows us to sign PLAYMAKERS, like Milford, possibly DCE etc.

I don't see why it is hard to understand the salary cap is a balancing act. you cant have superstars in EVERY position on the field. the superstar money for the most part should be allocated to your spine positions.

i didnt say 2 players worth $1m each or anything near it - I am just saying we need to look seriously at what and who is around - yes its all very fine to see if copley and vidot and kahu get better but I seriously cannot see much quality - with the exception of vidot maybe - let alone improvement - if you keep on looking in your own back yard for too long you will miss what is going past the front door - I have not got the answers as to whom but isnt that what Gee and HOOK get paid the big bucks for

i didnt say 2 players worth $1m each or anything near it - I am just saying we need to look seriously at what and who is around - yes its all very fine to see if copley and vidot and kahu get better but I seriously cannot see much quality - with the exception of vidot maybe - let alone improvement - if you keep on looking in your own back yard for too long you will miss what is going past the front door - I have not got the answers as to whom but isnt that what Gee and HOOK get paid the big bucks for

Quality = Money

The higher the quality means the more money.

It's like going to a car dealership and saying

Customer: "I want a car and I have $15,000 to spend"

Car Dealer: "well I can give you this one, it's very reliable, I she doesn't look to flash but she is going to get you from A to B no worries and be a comfortable trip"

Customer: "But I want a corvette"

Car Dealer: "well you will need to pay much more than that"

Customer: "No, I just want to pay $15,000 for a corvette"

Car Dealer: "get out"

Copley was a gun centre in the U20's. I cetainly still have hopes he will show his goods when he gets a chance. May not rise to Hodgo or Inglis heights, but I think he can be better than Reed, which in my opinion, actually is an achievement. :laugh:

I had high hopes at the start of the year that Copley would replace Reed in the centres at some point in 2013 (as long as he wasn't dudding it up). Then he got injured.

Re: Round 1 - Bulldogs vs Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Oh I forgot - Reed was hopeless as per usual - at some point someone will start believing me that this bloke is useless in attack and defence and is not worth the money we are paying him - when Hodges comes back Copely will be taking his place on the other side - PLEASE MR. GRIFFEN

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.