Jake Granville signs with North Queensland

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
A huge loss but good luck to him. Not much point sticking with Brisbane if there are no opportunities. Hope he forms an awesome combination with JT. They have been struggling for a quality dummy half for years and they probably regret letting Segeyaro go. He could be just the x-factor they need.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Because they're both quality players deserving of an opportunity.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Much like Hunt last season, I have absolutely no problem with Granville looking elsewhere the club has made its mind up already that McCullough is the longterm hooker and at best Granville will fill the odd game on the bench hardly long term incentive to stay, if there is a better opportunity for a player elsewhere in a situation like Hunt was and Granville is then they have every right to chase it, I hope he does well at the Cowboys personally.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Good for him. I prefer Macca myself, but he's a quality player and I hope he makes a good fist of it up there.

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
Going to miss seeing this mophead playing, but good choice by Granville! I doubt Hook was ever going to choose him over McCullough in the future, good luck mate!! :)

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Granville is really an ideal hooker for the Cowboys. He should play 50 minutes at least if he wins the starting job. They've got plenty of competition up there for the 9 though.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
congratulations to granville, he's made the right choice. i'm sure he'll carve us up when he plays us next season. all ex-broncos players do at least once

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
All the best to him. He deserves a chance to be a starting hooker.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if Granville and Baptiste are starting next year, especially if Kurt keeps progressing week by week like he has been.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Baptise doesn't even have a contract for next year yet.

Good luck to Granville, I would have loved to keep him but since he wants to start, he had to leave, since he is rightfully behind Macca in the pecking order

Last edited:
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if Granville and Baptiste are starting next year, especially if Kurt keeps progressing week by week like he has been.

Knowing our luck, they will turn out to be better hookers than Macca in the long run.

KingWebcke

KingWebcke

QCup Player
Aug 4, 2013
The Cowboys have been collecting hookers recently. I wish they had kept taking ones from elsewhere ... good luck to Granville. he deserves a shot at a starting spot

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I wasn't being petty, I simply asked why to see if it was another 'he is better than macca we picked the wrong one' comment

Last edited by a moderator:
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Good move by Granville. With McCullough at the club, he had no future apart from being a bench player.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • Galah
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • Mustafur
  • Mr Fourex
  • dirtyharry
  • thenry
  • TimWhatley
  • bb_gun
  • Nerd
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.