PLAYER Jamayne Isaako Discussion

Isaako should win it for sure, though it would have been close if Radley didn't get suspended twice this season.
I can't think of too many other rookies who had a as big an impact as these two over close to the whole season. There have been some really good ones who only played less than a dozen or so too.

Isaako should win it for sure, though it would have been close if Radley didn't get suspended twice this season.
I can't think of too many other rookies who had a as big an impact as these two over close to the whole season. There have been some really good ones who only played less than a dozen or so too.
The token Sydney rookie in contention is Ramien

That performance last night must have summed it up for Isaako to get rookie of the year.

If he doesn't get it, its another robbed award like Milfords Clive Churchill award in 2015 that he should have got.

Last edited:
Watch Ramien score an average try today and all of a sudden be a certainty for it. **** I hate the NRL.

Watch Ramien score an average try today and all of a sudden be a certainty for it. **** I hate the NRL.

You won't have to worry about that.

Ramien isn't playing today. He's injured. Probably won't be back next week, as well.

You won't have to worry about that.

Ramien isn't playing today. He's injured. Probably won't be back next week, as well.

Well they’ll just watch some highlights to remind themselves.

It should be Isaako but I won't be shocked if Ramien gets it.

Rhys Martin, AJ Brimson and Lachlan Lewis are also probably in the conversation but hard to argue they deserve it more than Isaako.

The rookie of the year awards would have some good players in there:

Fullback: Brimson
Winger: Isaako
Centre: Ramien
Five-Eighth: Lewis
Halfback: Luai / Clifford
Prop: Haas (I was struggling here)
Hooker: Smith?
Second-Row: Martin
Lock: Fifita

Ramien is his only real competition.

He had a really good patch for a while there but I don’t think it will be enough and his injury is going to hurt his chances.

Martin, Brimson, Lewis, it’s too little too late for them. They won’t get it.

The rookie of the year awards would have some good players in there:

Fullback: Brimson
Winger: Isaako
Centre: Ramien
Five-Eighth: Lewis
Halfback: Luai / Clifford
Prop: Haas (I was struggling here)
Hooker: Smith?
Second-Row: Martin
Lock: Fifita

Lock is Radley easily, has Fifita played there?

Brimson for mine is Isaako's closest competition

Brimson for mine is Isaako's closest competition
Serious he's only played half the year and only since his move to fullback (4-5 games??) has he been anything.

Isaako is guaranteed to be top 2 point scorer for the year.

Just because he hasn't produced a flashy play in the last 2 weeks doesn't mean the rest of his year should be discounted.

Serious he's only played half the year and only since his move to fullback (4-5 games??) has he been anything.

Isaako is guaranteed to be top 2 point scorer for the year.

Just because he hasn't produced a flashy play in the last 2 weeks doesn't mean the rest of his year should be discounted.

He produced a pretty flashy play down the right wing on Saturday night, when he scored...

Isaako has said he wants to represent the All Blacks but not until he wins a premiership with the Broncos.

So once he wins one, he will likely leave.

I approve of that transaction, just win (a premiership) ffs

Last edited:

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • kman
  • Wolfie
  • Allo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Manlyman
  • Fitzy
  • phoenix
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncos Maestro
  • IceWorks
  • Sproj
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.