James Gavet's Amazing Story

Having a few drinks loosens you up, makes gatherings more fun. I don't drink much at all, never on my own, but I've been a "designated driver" a few times, and it's not great.

Having a few drinks loosens you up, makes gatherings more fun. I don't drink much at all, never on my own, but I've been a "designated driver" a few times, and it's not great.
Not sure the first implies the second, or the second requires the first.
I never have a problem being the DD, and I often am... but it's ok, as I'm never the life of the party anyway. :wink:

Not sure the first implies the second, or the second requires the first.
I never have a problem being the DD, and I often am... but it's ok, as I'm never the life of the party anyway. :wink:
Surely in that pink top you catch many an eye?

I think it also depends on who you're out with, my main circle of friends has changed(and shrunk) from when I was late in my teens/early 20s. Most of my friends when I was younger were the drink yourself stupid, if you can still walk unaided to the taxi then it wasn't a good night type..these people suck to be sober around. My friends now also drink a lot, but not so much that I can't keep a decent conversation with them.

I don't care about these pr puff pieces.

I don't give a shit if he's a teetotaller or a raging alco off the field, as long as he delivers on the field, that's all I care about.

No one's going to be like, oh he's playing like shit but he's overcome so much in his life so let's cut him some slack?

**** that. perform or perish.

Inspiring story.

I hope that he brings some heart and the younger guys say ****, I'm not going to take this privileged life for granted

he's one of the lucky ones who has footy to help turn his life around. what an opportunity to be playing for the broncos after being through all of that. you couldnt ask for a better coach to mentor and guide you too. i hope he makes the most of it.

EDIT: Inappropriate post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Active Now

• Ghost of Vlansys
  • Browny
  • Yellowfella
  • Santa
  • Scorchie
  • Cavalo
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • IceWorks
  • Justwin
  • bb_gun
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • mrtij
  • Scdeac
  • Foordy
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.