RUMOUR James Roberts to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be a lot of over-exaggerating, underrating and overrating simultaneously on this forum..

Can't we just universally agree that -

A) Reed had a good season, he is a good player.
B) Roberts had a great season, he is a great player.
C) Copley didn't play much last season, we aren't sure if he's a good player.

A) I will concede he had a good middle of the season ... The rest was meh.
B) Agree ... at the right price
C) We know what he can do, we saw it in 2014 ... if he gets his shot in 2015 he will shine with the likes of Hunt and Milford giving him quality ball.

No they're not. Most people over-exaggerate how rubbish he is. Take him out of that team last year, Broncos aren't in the Grand Final. That's the sort of year he had.

On the other hand, the Copley lovers have completely forgotten him dropping every ball he was given a few years back.

Oh my god, this is so correct it deserves its own thread.

A) I will concede he had a good middle of the season ... The rest was meh.
B) Agree ... at the right price
C) We know what he can do, we saw it in 2014 ... if he gets his shot in 2015 he will shine with the likes of Hunt and Milford giving him quality ball.

By the same token, your comments about Reed only having 1 good season can be said about Copley.. Apart from 2014 he's been shit, 2012-2013 was the Dropley era and he barely played last season because of injury and poor form. You can't just say that he's 100% going to come back and be his 2014 self when he's only had one good season.

most people are also over-exaggerating Reed based on about 6 good games this year and his really good 2011 and 2012 seasons.

The problem with Reed, IMO, is while his good games tend he be awesome ... his other games tend to be down right dreadful and not up to NRL standard. for some reason he also seems to be given more chances than other players. Hell, Maranta got dropped late in the year, and i thought he was going really well.

On Roberts, I think his right value (at least to us) is 350k, but i wouldn't pay much more than that ... I wouldn't pay more than that. I personally would love to see a Copley/Roberts center pairing as i think that could be very dangerous, if given time, especially with our awesome halves giving them quality ball.

Honestly Foordy, I know you hate Reed and you love Copley but you cannot criticise people for over exaggerating and then claim that Reed has downright dreadful games that aren't NRL standard. It's cool to hate the guy but that is just bullshit.

I'm not convinced Copley won't be another Kemp.

Honestly Foordy, I know you hate Reed and you love Copley but you cannot criticise people for over exaggerating and then claim that Reed has downright dreadful games that aren't NRL standard. It's cool to hate the guy but that is just bullshit.

That's definitely not an over-exaggeration, Reed has had some games in his career where he's literally been the worst player in the NRL.

By the same token, your comments about Reed only having 1 good season can be said about Copley.. Apart from 2014 he's been shit, 2012-2013 was the Dropley era and he barely played last season because of injury and poor form. You can't just say that he's 100% going to come back and be his 2014 self when he's only had one good season.

By yet another same token (Token the 3rd) Copley has never had the chances to cement a spot, wither through injury or being played out of position.

I'm not convinced Copley won't be another Kemp.

Precisely, the problem is that we'll never know if Hook didn't play him because he wasn't up to it, didn't suit the team, sold all his donuts to Barba, or just didn't like him. And, after all that, whether he would actually kill it if given the opportunity. Copley being another Kemp is a real possibility and I, for one, would have loved for Kemp to get 2 or 3 games in a row just to see.

There seems to be a lot of over-exaggerating, underrating and overrating simultaneously on this forum..

Can't we just universally agree that -

Since I mostly haven't been involved in this argument, I will weigh in:

I've personally never felt any direct ill will toward Reed. Just like everyone else, I was getting emotional at one point early last season when Milf was struggling to adapt to the 6 still and thus Reed wasn't getting many opportunities and looked to be souring as a result. He certainly picked up as a result of Milf's explosion, that can't be denied. If you watch any highlight reel of the Broncos season on Youtube, he is invariably featured at some point in about 85% of the footage. He knows how to find the tryline and he knows how to defend. That doesn't mean we can't find someone better. I personally would say he is a DECENT player, maybe not a good one, so I guess what matters is what those words mean to you in context.

Admittedly, there was a point during last season where I stopped following the Titans with too much interest, just because not only were they shithouse, but their playstyle was boring and predictable while being shithouse (classic Neil Henry). It's fair to say their most "exciting" moments were when their speedsters broke into the backfield then dazzled the audience with how fast they run. Roberts was definitely one of those few. The kid clearly has a tonne of talent, and who knows what Bennett could get out of him. That is really the only reason I would like him here, just to see if Wayne still has that magic man management we all know, which is pretty much responsible for turning Milford into one of the best halves in the game in one season. You thought Milf, Hunt and Nikorima was a potent trio, throw Roberts in there and you have a recipe for more tries than [MENTION=1976]Nashy[/MENTION] could fit into 1000 videos.

Since his debut, Copley has been an Enigma with a capital E. Always he had these sparks of brilliance that made him look awesome as a centre, that massive step off the right foot, his speed in broken play and so on. Then he drops the ball a million times and earns the title "Dropley". Just always 50/50, and those types of players, the ones who swing like a pendulum when it comes to form and injury, tend to be that way forever. Does that make Copley worth the risk over Roberts? I don't think so. It's not like Copley would be adrift in limbo sea if we cut him loose. Another struggling club will pick him up in a nanosecond.

Everybody should look at Gus's page again Phil Gould AM@Gus10Gould he starting to talk more about roberts and what could happen, and it doesn't look good for us

Last edited:
The longer this drags out the less confidence i am off him coming here.

That's definitely not an over-exaggeration, Reed has had some games in his career where he's literally been the worst player in the NRL.

Wrong. That's just wrong. Find me one example of this and I will leave the forum.

I'm pretty sure Roberts isn't coming here either, based off what his manager said today. But I'm legitimately starting to think that Gould literally hasn't got a single clue where he's going to end up, he's insinuated a different thing every single day.

Have a feeling some posters are headed for heartbreak when we don't get Roberts or Inglis.

Then of course they will pretend to be fans again and cheer on Reed, Copley and Maranta when the season starts.

Gould is full of sh*t, pretending to know the inside workings of every club.

I find it funny how people get stuck into Copley when in his break-out season he scored just as many tries as Roberts did and came up with less errors.

Spose the grass is always greener.

I don't think there is any mystery at all surrounding Copley. He's a good player that was blooded too early, was played out of position to give him a taste and when he was ready he had a break-out season.

His biggest obstacle is staying fit. He missed the entire 2013 season due to injury and last year was basically a write off for him as well.

Yeah. If Roberts hasn't decided yet how would Gould know lol

Wrong. That's just wrong. Find me one example of this and I will leave the forum.

Paging [MENTION=8536]Super Freak[/MENTION]

I don't have infinite resources and every game from the last 5 seasons on hand, but I can specifically recall games where he's been absolutely horrific and thinking to myself that he's playing like the worst player in the NRL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.