RUMOUR James Roberts to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Former Titans James Roberts Hints At Brisbane Broncos Move | NRL | Triple M

[h=2]Roberts Hints At Broncos Move[/h] [h=3]Former Gold Coast flyer James Roberts has given the strongest indication yet he is close to signing with Brisbane[/h]

Tags: James Roberts, Gold Coast Titans, Brisbane Broncos
james-roberts-gold-coast-titans-628.jpg

Former Gold Coast flyer James Roberts has given the strongest indication yet he is close to signing with Brisbane.
Roberts has also garnered the attention of other NRL clubs including St George Illawarra, however speculation continues to grow that the 22-year-old wants to remain in south-east Queensland.

"It's all about lifestyle and being happy," he told News Corp Australia. "When I'm happy I play my best footy which is another reason why it's hard to leave the Gold Coast.
"Wayne Bennett's obviously a great coach. He is the best.
"It'd be good to play under him but there are plenty of other good coaches out there."

The 2015 Dally M centre of the year became a free agent in November after a bizarre contract bungle, including a forged signature from a Titans staffer, led to his deal becoming null and void with the NRL.
The Titans claimed on Monday that Roberts had rejected an upgraded offer, however the NSW City representative said that wasn't the case.
"We tried to renegotiate and they didn't really come to the table," he said.
"I felt like I was a bit devalued. I put my heart and soul into every game for the Titans.
"I love it on the Gold Coast. I planned on playing the rest of my career for them."
Roberts has scored 32 tries in 52 NRL games, and would be an ideal acquisition for the Broncos given club captain and centre Justin Hodges retired following the end of last season.

Have a feeling some posters are headed for heartbreak when we don't get Roberts or Inglis.

Then of course they will pretend to be fans again and cheer on Reed, Copley and Maranta when the season starts.

Who stopped being fans?

I'm not a fan of you baiting an entire thread, but that's about it.

Please stop posting old articles.

Five clubs in the hunt for Roberts - Rugby League Week

“If he said to me, ‘Uncle, I’m not ready to come back to Sydney’, well then it wouldn’t matter how much money was on the table,” Donovan said. “We’d look at what’s best for James, his partner and the expected baby.

“He’s basically said to me that he thinks he is and he knows that I’m in Sydney and his other uncle, Amos, who was a previous NRL football player (for the Dragons), is due to move back to Sydney in March as well.

“So he’s got some pretty good internal leadership within the family, and any club that I speak to will be what sort of leadership and what sort of mentorship are you going to put around James if he comes to your club.”

We can more or less lock this thread if you ask me, he wants to go back to Sydney for his family.

Paging @Super Freak

I don't have infinite resources and every game from the last 5 seasons on hand, but I can specifically recall games where he's been absolutely horrific and thinking to myself that he's playing like the worst player in the NRL.

Specifically recall the games then and I'll go searching.

There seems to be a lot of over-exaggerating, underrating and overrating simultaneously on this forum..

Can't we just universally agree that -

A) Reed had a good season, he is a good player.
B) Roberts had a great season, he is a great player.
C) Copley didn't play much last season, we aren't sure if he's a good player.

D) Unbreakable nailed the situation.

Specifically recall the games then and I'll go searching.

My memory isn't that good :P

I kind of completely regressed a lot of those Griffin seasons.

Well just like the word agenda, I don't think you understand what specifically recall means.

Do you mean repressed? or are you claiming that your cognitive development actually went backwards during the seasons that Griffin coached the Broncos?

EDIT: Flaming

Last edited by a moderator:
Well just like the word agenda, I don't think you understand what specifically recall means.

When did I say you had an agenda? I don't remember saying your name, could you please point out where I said that for me, thanks.

Hold the **** on. When the **** did this happen?

1449759324.png

Trouble in the Morkel alliance before the game has even started..... Awwww shit.

Have a feeling some posters are headed for heartbreak when we don't get Roberts or Inglis.

Then of course they will pretend to be fans again and cheer on Reed, Copley and Maranta when the season starts.

That's right! I forgot that as a fan I should be happy with absolutely every player who puts the jersey on, and should never point out their flaws and weaknesses, nor ever speak down about them.

How did we get this so wrong all of this time?

Hold the **** on. When the **** did this happen?

1449759324.png

giphy.gif

Holy ****, I can't believe that wasn't found earlier... did that about 5 minutes after winning last season.

Yeah got to love the off-season.

Apparently Roberts is in Sydney today meeting with the Dragons and Rabbits...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • OnToSomething
  • Griffo
  • Astro
  • Pablo
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.