RUMOUR James Roberts to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely Lafai signing with the Dragons strengthens this rumour, even only a little.

Fellas, if I may ,please let me direct you to a premonition fellow subscriber, Daniel O'Dowd had back on the 11th day of June 2015, and, I quote:

"widely known by channel 9 and 10. Sports limited also reporting it. A possible 1 million transfer fee for his 2 remaining years. To be announced next week after 10 day cooling off period. Negative justin hodges will retire. Will have finished barba and kennedys contracts" unquote.

Well well well, it does appear young Daniel may have been onto something here with his intel and what at the time seemed strangely preposterous, could now very well come to fruition.

Daniel, would you have any more updated intel you would could possibly share with us? And, if GI does indeed sign with us for 2017 as you predicted, what position would he be likely to play, AN, could he possibly take the captaincy honours also???

So many questions that need answering.

Technology is so advanced, you can actually do video calls now..

And, there are devices now that allow you to sign a contract from another part of the world. You don't even need to be in the same room anymore.

It's amazing stuff.

Why sign James Roberts when we can just teach Ben Hunt to catch for free?

Hodges endorses Copley, Kahu at centre

JUSTIN Hodges has endorsed Dale Copley or Jordan Kahu to inherit his Broncos No. 4 jersey as South Sydney firmed in the race for James Roberts’ signature.

The Broncos showed interest in bringing former Titan Roberts to Red Hill but are now unlikely to snare the fastest man in the NRL.

Roberts met the Rabbitohs and Dragons as he chases a new home after severing ties with the Gold Coast.

Broncos coach Wayne Bennett has indicated Copley will be given the first crack at replacing the retired Hodges at right centre.

Kahu, who made his Test debut for New Zealand during last month’s tour of England, is likely to start the season at left centre as Jack Reed recovers from shoulder surgery.

Roberts could have added a spark to the Broncos’ backline but Bennett will place his trust in Copley, whose career has been stalled by multiple injuries since he debuted in 2009.

“We’ve got some great young centres who are keen,” Hodges said. “You could always find a spot for (Roberts) but they’ve got some great young talent at the club and can bring those guys through.

“(Kahu and Copley) are the front runners for right centre. Whichever way you go you won’t lose much.

“Dale is a fantastic player and Jordie is a freak.’’

Bennett’s recent appraisal of Copley has given the 24-year-old a shot of confidence after he managed just nine NRL appearances last season and missed the heartbreaking grand final loss.

Copley has played 72 NRL games in almost seven seasons, highlighting how stop-start his career has been, but fullback Darius Boyd believes he is ready to fire.

“Dale came in plenty of times last season and did a great job. He was unlucky to not get a regular spot,” Boyd said.

“He’s played a heap of games and knowing he’s close to getting that starting role should spur him on in the pre-season to have a big one and be ready.

“Hodgey was a leader and led by example on and off the field. He always had that voice and opinion in the backs. You could trust him.

“Whoever has come in has done the job.’’

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/broncos/justin-hodges-says-dale-copley-or-jordan-kahu-should-inherit-his-no-4-jersey/news-story/6a011d367cdd6525cf434e0733fc1772

We got him guys. My sauce sent me this earlier.
CV8C7LjUsAAY2Sy.jpg

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/broncos/justin-hodges-says-dale-copley-or-jordan-kahu-should-inherit-his-no-4-jersey/news-story/6a011d367cdd6525cf434e0733fc1772

I really hope this is true.

I don't see the need for GI. But it seems like it's a thing. . Unless things have changed and the pieces are being rearranged back again i don't know

Technology is so advanced, you can actually do video calls now..

And, there are devices now that allow you to sign a contract from another part of the world. You don't even need to be in the same room anymore.

It's amazing stuff.

I was going to say something about not even having to be the one to sign it...

Honestly Wayne Bennett imo is one of the best judges when it comes to talent if he could not find a spot for copley in the side but could find one for reed then that sums it up for me. .

You might try and remember that Copley went through another injury plagued season during 2015......when fit, Copley far outweighs Reed in talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Howie
  • Emanon
  • Ironbroncos
  • Fitzy
  • Lozza
  • KickHaas
  • Rookie Alan
  • johnny plath
  • FACTHUNT
  • Robboi_321
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Astro
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • jarro65
  • Totally Unr3al
  • RodF
  • RolledOates
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.