RUMOUR James Roberts to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good.

Let's focus on Roberts, I don't want Inglis anyway.

12360162_10156210115405062_6119694340262543599_n.jpg

2018 would be way too late to sign him.

St George Illawarra Dragons remain in the hunt for James Roberts despite Tim Lafai signing

St George Illawarra are prepared to open their chequebook again, remaining in the hunt for the prized scalp of James Roberts despite adding centre Tim Lafai to their roster.

Parramatta are officially out of the running with Brisbane, South Sydney and the Dragons remaining in contention to sign Roberts who is expected to make a decision by Wednesday. Fairfax Media understands that the trio of clubs are yet to make a formal offer but have been told to present their best contract by the end of this weekend.

While Roberts has a long-term ambition to play fullback, he could only do so at the Dragons, who are keen to partner Lafai with Josh Dugan in the centres. Despite speculation Greg Inglis could be Broncos bound, the Rabbitohs skipper has a two-year deal to play fullback at the Rabbitohs while Darius Boyd is the No.1 in Brisbane. Discussions between McGregor and Roberts were in-depth as the St George Illawarra mentor mapped out his plan for Roberts.

Doesn't even make sense that the Dragons are going after these players.. so in their ideal world they want Roberts at Fullback, Lafai & Dugan in the Centres and Mann & Aitken in NSW cup? If that ends up being the case, we should be on the phone asking about Mann, he's great prospect who can play virtually anywhere between 1-6. Would be good competition between him Copley & Reed for the Centre spots.

p.s - I still really hope Roberts chooses us..

lol we aren't signing anyone.

IMO we either signed Inglis for 2016 or not at all. His body will be will gooonnee by 2018

lol 2018, he'll be 31 by then. Let Souths fund his retirement please, they got him in his best years.

2016 Inglis - 100% Interest
2017 Inglis - 10% Interest
2018 Inglis - 0% Interest

So Souths need to offload players to get the Burgess signing over the line. The way they achieve this is by signing Roberts. Am I missing something?

So Souths need to offload players to get the Burgess signing over the line. The way they achieve this is by signing Roberts. Am I missing something?

My guess is that Walker is on more money than Roberts will be. Offload Walker, sign Roberts, save $100-$200k to go towards Burgess.

My guess is that Walker is on more money than Roberts will be. Offload Walker, sign Roberts, save $100-$200k to go towards Burgess.
Yes, but wouldn't they be stumping up part value for both player given that neither were off contract.Walker and Mcgueen I mean.

Yes, but wouldn't they be stumping up part value for both player given that neither were off contract.Walker and Mcgueen I mean.

Only if their new clubs offer them less than their Rabbitohs contracts.

Only if their new clubs offer them less than their Rabbitohs contracts.

Walker may not be topped up by Souths ... But i reckon McQueen definately will be. 300k (reported value if Souths contract) is overs IMO.

I doubt Walker will be on a massive contract though ... He re-signed before he made a rep side.

It's the simple Roosters approach, say you've got money to sign another star player or fifteen and then the salary cap auditors just shrug and say that it sounds legit and all is good in the world again to sign whoever you want.

I'm about 95% sure he's signing with Bunnies, just based on what I've been reading on Twitter and other forums. And they won't be losing anyone of note (Maybe 1-2 fringe players, like Tim Grant, but nobody major)

Their team will be pretty exceptional next season, it's pretty similar in terms of skill to the premiership line-up, Isaac Luke is a big loss, but Cook proved end of last season he's a talent.

1. Inglis
2. Johnston
3. Auva'a
4. Roberts
5. Gray
6. Keary
7. Reynolds
8. G.Burgess
9. Cook
10. S.Burgess
11. Turner
12. Sutton
13. Carter

14. McInnes
15. Grevsmuhl
16. T.Burgess
17. Tyrrell

So the Dragons have signed Lafai for 2016, Jack Bird for 2017 and they still might buy Roberts for 2016.

Bird is staying at Sharks apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• theshed
  • thenry
  • Wild Horse
  • broncotville
  • Manofoneway
  • Stix
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Wolfie
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bish
  • Allo
  • Shane Tronc
  • Battler
  • HarryAllan7
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Xzei
  • Lurker
  • Financeguy
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.