RUMOUR James Roberts to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
James Roberts is a good player, and no doubt would be a good get for us, but i don't like the way this is playing out. I'd prefer the Adam Blair style where you hear nothing,and then, bang he signs and announces.
If he wants to play for Brisbane because of the reasons he's stated then he's the sort of prayer we want. Unfortunately his actions aren't backing up his words.
My concern is that this is a destabilising influence on an important preseason. Just look at how the Burgess signing is playing out at Souths. I can't see how they'll have much unity this year if all of these stories are true.

I honestly cannot believe the BIG DEAL this bloke has become after 3/4 of a good season with a losing club.. the interest in Roberts is disproportionate to his worth imo.. I couldn't give a fat rat's if he choses Brisbane, and if I'd be extremely disappointed if we're offering him much more than 400 given he's a FLC (former loose cannon) ...

let the morons down south get in a bidding war if they want to gamble big bucks on an unproven commodity.. He'd be an asset to Brisbane but we don't need him at all.

Only if their new clubs offer them less than their Rabbitohs contracts.
If I was the new club and knew Souths needed to offload players desperately. I know what I'd be doing.

If I was the new club and knew Souths needed to offload players desperately. I know what I'd be doing.

If they're offloading players to clear cap space then having to pay large amounts of those contracts had a net gain of zero. They need space now, not for the future, so doing what we did with Barba & Kennedy is not going to help them. Which is probably why it's taking so long to play out, everyone's holding out on each other.

If they're offloading players to clear cap space then having to pay large amounts of those contracts had a net gain of zero. They need space now, not for the future, so doing what we did with Barba & Kennedy is not going to help them. Which is probably why it's taking so long to play out, everyone's holding out on each other.
Yeah but you're bargaining form a weak position.

I honestly cannot believe the BIG DEAL this bloke has become after 3/4 of a good season with a losing club.. the interest in Roberts is disproportionate to his worth imo.. I couldn't give a fat rat's if he choses Brisbane, and if I'd be extremely disappointed if we're offering him much more than 400 given he's a FLC (former loose cannon) ...

let the morons down south get in a bidding war if they want to gamble big bucks on an unproven commodity.. He'd be an asset to Brisbane but we don't need him at all.

This pretty much nails it in my view.

As you say, the need space now, which just weakens there position further which makes it very hard to believe that they are paying nothing for any of the guys that have moved on.

There is no way if clubs would pay 100% when they know they don't have to.

As you say, the need space now, which just weakens there position further which makes it very hard to believe that they are paying nothing for any of the guys that have moved on.

There is no way if clubs would pay 100% when they know they don't have to.

Except this is the Titans involved and they don't think straight with anything. They are probably paying Souths.

I'm not seeing us getting anyone, to be honest.

Roberts wants to go back to Sydney by the looks of it. Inglis is not coming to the Broncos. Folau isn't coming. Hayne has said he won't be coming back.. Yet.

We'll have the same back line as last year, minus Hodges.

I don't want Roberts at the Broncos.

The Titans gave him a lifeline & when he found an opportunity to leave, he piss bolted.

The Titans did increase his contract, but only to what he is worth, but no he is believing the hype about himself.

Plus he is related to Anthony Mundine. (enough said)

All players Mundine has be involved with have left their clubs while still contracted with them. (Solomon Haumono & SBW)

Do we have to put up with this guy again?

There is a rule, that you know, about not discussing the poster, and discussing the post. Until the member breaks a rule, yes, you have to put up with them.

I don't think we'll get him. He's used us as a tool to bump up the offers from Sydney clubs

If Broncos sign Roberts does that confirm a third set of books down south at Red Hill?
It confirms that Broncos don't give players cheap house and land packages on the sly.

Or whinge about conspiracy theories....

There is a rule, that you know, about not discussing the poster, and discussing the post. Until the member breaks a rule, yes, you have to put up with them.

Fair point.

I don't want Roberts at the Broncos.

The Titans gave him a lifeline & when he found an opportunity to leave, he piss bolted.

The Titans did increase his contract, but only to what he is worth, but no he is believing the hype about himself.

Plus he is related to Anthony Mundine. (enough said)

All players Mundine has be involved with have left their clubs while still contracted with them. (Solomon Haumono & SBW)
You do know Hodges and Mundine are good friends?

I don't think we'll get him. He's used us as a tool to bump up the offers from Sydney clubs
If true, good! Making the competition pay more is always a nice bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Stix
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Manofoneway
  • thenry
  • Wild Horse
  • Wolfie
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bish
  • Allo
  • Shane Tronc
  • Battler
  • HarryAllan7
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Xzei
  • Lurker
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • Alec
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.