RUMOUR James Roberts to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gould is likely full of shit..

I mean, he said he was deactivating his twitter account last week.

He did deactivate his twitter but put it back on line. . (Conveniently "hacked" just after posting about secret business going on behind the scenes)

Turns out things do actually change while negotiating contacts because things just don't work out.

Inglis deal wouldn't work for Souths so it was back to the drawing board.

Roberts' best opportunity is at the titans. .. lol

I really hope he chooses today, feels like he's just milking the spotlight now, I have no doubt he made up his mind several days ago.

I really hope he chooses today, feels like he's just milking the spotlight now, I have no doubt he made up his mind several days ago.

This.

He would have had a good idea about the offers from speaking to the clubs.

Isn't there a new rule with player movement now, where there's a week cooling off period and neither club nor player can mention the signing until the 7 days is up?

He most likely has already signed and just can't comment on it for a few days.

Isn't there a new rule with player movement now, where there's a week cooling off period and neither club nor player can mention the signing until the 7 days is up?

He most likely has already signed and just can't comment on it for a few days.

No that's not a rule. The contract won't be registered for that amount of time to allow for individuals to change there mind, there is no stipulation as to whether they talk about it. They may choose not to if they feel the player may renege, but there is no stipulation.

Why would their contract status make a difference? Free agents can backflip just as easy as a signed player can. What if he signed for us, we announce it, then he pulls out and signs for the Rabbitohs during the cooling off period. It's essentially the same issue, and same unprofessional image for the NRL.

I feel like you're just making assumptions and actually don't have any idea. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that I feel like you don't know if you're right or not.

Last edited:
That's for players that are signing elsewhere while currently contracted to a club. Roberts is a free agent so it doesn't apply

That's what I thought it was as well, but I don't see anything online saying that, just says ALL contracts that are signed can't be announced for 10 days unless it was an extension.

So it isn't, ignore my madness. :wacko: But my comment about the $500k still stands.

ehh, I disagree. With the cap rising each year, 500k ain't what it used to be. It's a pretty standard wage now for an up and coming star (which Roberts is).

I'd say we might offer 350k this year then 450-500 from 2017? Mind you im just guessing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Howie
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • broncotville
  • NSW stables
  • theshed
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • Mustafur
  • Culhwch
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • mystico
  • TimWhatley
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.