RUMOUR James Roberts to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Joes right, depending on the price of course. We have a glut of forwards with Moose returning but we lack a real strike weapon in our outside backs.

I feel sorry for anyone having to defend on the same side of the field as milf, Roberts and Oates. What an absolute nightmare.

But how about our defence that would be targeted heaps on that side

So if this is going to happen, I imagine Copley is gone (to the Titans most likely) and Maranta as well. What a shame, would have preferred those two stay to be honest.

But how about our defence that would be targeted heaps on that side

Well most likely Roberts would play right centre between Hunt and Kahu with the usual Milford-Reed-Oates combo on the left, so it is a moot point.

More sad for Maranta than Copley.

I hope Joes right, depending on the price of course. We have a glut of forwards with Moose returning but we lack a real strike weapon in our outside backs.

I feel sorry for anyone having to defend on the same side of the field as milf, Roberts and Oates. What an absolute nightmare.

Roberts plays on the right, and he's no worse defensively than Hodges was last year, if anything he'll be better because he won't let people get on the outside of him.

A defensive trio of Hunt, Gillett, Roberts on the right is probably above average in terms of NRL standard.

Edit: It appears I didn't read your post, I read "Defend" and thought you were taking a shot at Roberts defensively, apologies. (My point still stands though, for anyone saying that)

Last edited:
With Copley and Maranta, the Titans become instantly better. Those two guys are better than anything the Titans have in the backs by far. It gives some strike power.

And don't forget Hunt.

If we have signed Roberts, I hope we didn't break the bank to get him. He isn't worth 500k

With Copley and Maranta, the Titans become instantly better. Those two guys are better than anything the Titans have in the backs by far. It gives some strike power.

Copley, yes. Maranta, no. He's come a long way, but some of those Titans outside backs are much faster and better finishers than Maranta. They're just not as safe. The phrase "strike power" doesn't describe Maranta IMO.

Roberts will be a Bronco
Joe knows, like Beau doesn't...

Cheers mate! I had my doubts about our chances, but it's a good outcome for all involved. Look forward to the official announcement.

I will be very surprised if we don't go on to rue letting Copley go but I will trust Bennett.

Copley, yes. Maranta, no. He's come a long way, but some of those Titans outside backs are much faster and better finishers than Maranta. They're just not as safe. The phrase "strike power" doesn't describe Maranta IMO.

Maranta had 15 tries from 20 games this year. Not bad for a player with no "strike power"

For reference Maranta isn't going anywhere, Bennett named him in the All-Star squad, and he's the only Bronco in the team (Which he needed to choose at least one of)

Not sure about Dale.

Well most likely Roberts would play right centre between Hunt and Kahu with the usual Milford-Reed-Oates combo on the left, so it is a moot point.

Sorry what I thought is that theshed was referencing to that the combo he would like would be Milford-Roberts-Oates which would not be as good as the Milford-Reed-Oates combo when in defence

Sorry what I thought is that theshed was referencing to that the combo he would like would be Milford-Roberts-Oates which would not be as good as the Milford-Reed-Oates combo when in defence

Absolutely agree and then Teo would be a wonderful player to have inside of that.

Absolutely agree and then Teo would be a wonderful player to have inside of that.

Imagine second plays from an offload from teo on that side if roberts did end up on the left with milf

Imagine second plays from an offload from teo on that side if roberts did end up on the left with milf

Certainly would be amazing but even so, nice to know we have Parker and Blair in the meantime to offload.

Last edited:
Yeah that's why I said I don't know if he's wrong or not. It could be the case that it doesn't apply to free agents but just because he's talking shit that happens to by right, doesn't mean he isn't still talking shit :)

I'm not talking shit, that's the rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Allo
  • theshed
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Xzei
  • eggstar10
  • johnny plath
  • heartly87
  • simplythebest
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Tim K
  • Volvo Driver
  • leish107
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.