RUMOUR James Roberts to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roberts signed with Broncos last week and is using that 10 day period to get a better offer from the Dragons.

Roberts signed with Broncos last week and is using that 10 day period to get a better offer from the Dragons.

Really..You know this how exactly?

You've been reading stuff from that idiot on twitter Rabbir? lol

Here are the details off that article, it doesn't mention free agents:

* A player may sign an extension of his contract with his existing club at any time;

* A player may sign with a new club only during the final year of his contract;

* A 10 business day cooling off period will apply to all contracts; and,

* A club signing a player is prohibited from making an announcement until the cooling off period has expired.

It was preceded with this though:

Greenberg said that a contract signed with a rival club would now be registered once a 10 business day cooling off period had expired.

Note "rival club".

Here are the details off that article, it doesn't mention free agents:

It was preceded with this though:

Note "rival club".

Yeah that's why I said I don't know if he's wrong or not. It could be the case that it doesn't apply to free agents but just because he's talking shit that happens to by right, doesn't mean he isn't still talking shit :)

According to the Mole a bad news story is going to break in the next 24 hours whether or not James Roberts or NRL related it will be interesting

Would rather we spend the money on Teo. We have more than capable centres in Kahu, Copley & Reed to fill the void. An impact forward would be gold for us.

Would rather we spend the money on Teo. We have more than capable centres in Kahu, Copley & Reed to fill the void. An impact forward would be gold for us.

I am the other way round we have plenty of impact forwards coming through, but we don't have any outside backs of the calibre and potential of Roberts.

Joe knows things, if he says Roberts is coming, he's probably coming. Really hope so, will be a huge signing for our future.

Yep, Smokin' Joe is one of the guys you can genuinely believe when he makes a statement.

I've got to say, I really don't want Roberts but Wayne certainly has a fine track record when it comes to recruitment.

If we get Roberts I don't want G.I in 2017 tbh.. would just be a waste of cap space on something we won't really need. If we want anything for 2017 it should be a Parker replacement, like Te'o.

I think the Broncs definitely have the money, Wayne had set his sights on Gagai to replace Hodges but he stayed in Newcastle, Roberts fills that gap.

I hope Joes right, depending on the price of course. We have a glut of forwards with Moose returning but we lack a real strike weapon in our outside backs.

I feel sorry for anyone having to defend on the same side of the field as milf, Roberts and Oates. What an absolute nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Skyblues87
  • theshed
  • Wolfie
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • eggstar10
  • johnny plath
  • heartly87
  • simplythebest
  • winslow_wong
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Tim K
  • Volvo Driver
  • leish107
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.