RUMOUR James Roberts to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea not sure.. this is what the CM article said.

So yesterday anything said in the media is made up yet now it is undeniable fact despite the absolute obvious?

I would obviously be stoked with either but my dream scenario is Roberts to souffs and Inglis to us next year.

Inglis is one of he best players in the game, without question. His threat is based on speed (no where near as fast as Roberts but still plenty fast), footwork, strength and playmaking. He has been overworked but still has plenty left in the tank.

Roberts makes me nervous for 2 reasons.

1. I feel like he is always a big weekend away from going off the rails again.

2. His whole game is based off blinding speed, and while that is great he is one ACL away from being a solid first grader.

If we could get Inglis I would leave Wayne to decide where he plays, yet I personally would have him at centre, because

A) that's where the team need is currently

B) I think it would prolong his best years

C) come finals time he and darbs can swap for to change things up ala Hodgo 2006.

So yesterday anything said in the media is made up yet now it is undeniable fact despite the absolute obvious?

**** you're ignorant lol, I said "yea not sure".. So in you're mind that's me saying that it's undeniable fact.. righto dude, LOL.

**** you're ignorant lol, I said "yea not sure".. So in you're mind that's me saying that it's undeniable fact.. righto dude, LOL.

Firstly, play the ball not the man.

Secondly, you disagreed with the obvious by posting a media snippet, something that when done by someone else you claimed was just media lies yesterday.

If you want to play semantics that's fine, but I can't be bothered.

you disagreed with the obvious by posting a media snippet, something that when done by someone else you claimed was just media lies yesterday

If you want to play semantics that's fine, but I can't be bothered.

Once again, you're being ignorant (Which I should be used to by now, but I'll take the bait once again)

A) I don't recall somebody "Disagreeing with the obvious by posting a media snippet" yesterday, what are you referring to?

B) I never claimed the media was lying about anything, I said there was a plausible scenario in which Massoud got wrong or over-exaggerated information in regards to the Souths Sydney salary cap situation. (Which we won't know if it was true either way until the player movements subside and we can look back on it.)

C) "Yea not sure" isn't semantics, it is a quite common phrase used when the person who used said quote, isn't quite sure about the accuracy of what they're discussing.

Those saying all roberts has is speed have clearly not watched him closely. The guy busts tackles like Hurrell. He is deceptively strong and a lot of his tries have come off the back of him busting through the intial tackle, then burning the support defenders with speed. The guy is a gun and shouldve been playing fullback for the titans. At one stage last year he only averaged 5 hitups a game, yet was still scoring a try a game on average. The titans massively underused him (most teams underuse their right centres). The more he gets his hands on the ball the better. Clearly he wouldnt oust boyd at the broncos (i think it could work though), but put him anywhere in the backline and make him our "go to" player and prepare the highlight reel. Future NSW and AUS star. At this stage in their respective careers, i would take roberts over inglis in a heartbeat

Those saying all roberts has is speed have clearly not watched him closely. The guy busts tackles like Hurrell. He is deceptively strong and a lot of his tries have come off the back of him busting through the intial tackle, then burning the support defenders with speed. The guy is a gun and shouldve been playing fullback for the titans. At one stage last year he only averaged 5 hitups a game, yet was still scoring a try a game on average. The titans massively underused him (most teams underuse their right centres). The more he gets his hands on the ball the better. Clearly he wouldnt oust boyd at the broncos (i think it could work though), but put him anywhere in the backline and make him our "go to" player and prepare the highlight reel. Future NSW and AUS star. At this stage in their respective careers, i would take roberts over inglis in a heartbeat

**** that. Inglis is a QLDER. Bring him home and let souths take the gamble on a player with a bad history of off field issues. (Ironic since we are talking about inglis - but he seems to be all grown up now)

Inglis was over worked and burnt out by souths. At least with us he won't be forced to play injured.

I think we will be keeping maranta and kahu i hope. Copley will be gone

The only signings of note were Friend and A Taylor, and resigning Elgey.

Notable 2016 Gains: Nene MacDonald, David Shillington, Tyrone Roberts, Nathan Friend, Ashley Taylor, Chris McQueen (Potentially)
Notable 2016 Losses: James Roberts, Nate Myles, Aidan Sezer, Dave Taylor, Beau Falloon

They also re-signed 7 players, namely Elgey who they paid quite handsomely.

They should definitely have salary cap space, but it's not as much as you guys are making out.

Nene MacDonald vs James Roberts (More or less break even on this trade off, considering Roberts was only on $300k)
David Shillington vs Nate Myles (Pretty similar I imagine, possibly a bit less than Nate was on)
Tyrone Roberts vs Aidan Sezer (Sezer's contract was from 2012, so he was underpaid in 2015, these contracts would be pretty even)
Nathan Friend vs Beau Falloon (Pretty similar I imagine)

That leaves the only real salary cap buffer as Dave Taylor, and they're paying part of his salary at Salford, and the rest will go to McQueen. I don't see how they've improved their salary cap situation since the end of 2014, it looks from the outside like they're pretty similar, unless of course they were $1m under the cap after the 2014 season and just didn't do anything with it, in which case they'd still have plenty of room left.

Once again, you're being ignorant (Which I should be used to by now, but I'll take the bait once again)

A) I don't recall somebody "Disagreeing with the obvious by posting a media snippet" yesterday, what are you referring to?

B) I never claimed the media was lying about anything, I said there was a plausible scenario in which Massoud got wrong or over-exaggerated information in regards to the Souths Sydney salary cap situation. (Which we won't know if it was true either way until the player movements subside and we can look back on it.)

C) "Yea not sure" isn't semantics, it is a quite common phrase used when the person who used said quote, isn't quite sure about the accuracy of what they're discussing.

I'm not baiting and I don't bait, and I resent the implication.

I won't derail the thread any further but I think you know quite well what you were doing.

For the record though, I tend to think of myself as more arrogant than ignorant.

Either Roberts or Inglis would be a good pickup for the club, completely different players but both would improve the team.

Inglis was playing on busted last year, I have no doubt he will be much better this year after the off season break.

As far as Roberts is concerned we may not being able to come up with the most money but we have a lot of other things going for us. We have the master coach, we have a team in a position to win the premiership, we are just down the road from where he is now and we are close to his family. In club terms we seem to be a good fit.

Wayne is pretty tight with the money, I don't think he will try and bust the bank to get Roberts, he will just put forward the advantages of our club, if its all about money then I'd say Roberts will go elsewhere, if its not then I reckon we are looking a pretty good option.

I'm not baiting and I don't bait, and I resent the implication.

I won't derail the thread any further but I think you know quite well what you were doing.

For the record though, I tend to think of myself as more arrogant than ignorant.

:(

You aren't even going to fight back? Well it was fun while it lasted, I enjoy these little quarrels.

giphy.gif

**** that. Inglis is a QLDER. Bring him home and let souths take the gamble on a player with a bad history of off field issues. (Ironic since we are talking about inglis - but he seems to be all grown up now)

Inglis was over worked and burnt out by souths. At least with us he won't be forced to play injured.

I think we will be keeping maranta and kahu i hope. Copley will be gone

They are talking about us having to release Copley and Maranta to fit in Roberts ...

if we sign Inglis we are likely going to have to lose Copley, Maranta and one other to fit him under our cap

This thread's moving fast enough that I don't know if this has been posted:
James Roberts poised to sign with Brisbane Broncos

Strangely the url says Rabbitohs are likely to get him but the title and article say we're in the lead...

DALLY M centre of the year James Roberts is poised to sign with Brisbane in a move that would inflict further pain on the Gold Coast Titans.

Who knows where he and GI end up. But at least this is something to do while I'm bored shitless at work.

It'd suck for Maranta as he's improved quite a bit, he's handy backup.

Man the Titans are so pathetically run!

If I were the Dragons and my choices were Laughguy and Dropley, I'd go for Dropley any day of the week. He is a gun in the making, Laughing High is an average footballer who seems to be considered better than he is simply because he plays for the Bullfrogs.

Just quietly, it really warms my heart to know that Lachlan Maranta could potentially be the starting Fullback for the Titans next season.

1. Maranta
2. Mead
3. Copley
4. Zillman
5. Hoffman

The dream!

But he only does this against shitty teams like the Eels and Tigers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Browny
  • Bongo
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • ezpz
  • Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • NSW stables
  • Mr Fourex
  • KateBroncos1812
  • jd87
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Fitzy
  • broncotville
  • Dony Eliakim
  • LittleDavey
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.