RUMOUR Jayden Nikorima to the Broncos

Think we'll see him back at the club? I'm hoping he comes back and has hurt his price tag. 150 a year sounds about right for a bench hooker utility option

He will have to serve a suspension if it’s his second fail. Not too sure he’s worth taking that on.

Remember when he fooled everyone on here, we thought we had our next Webcke or civoniceva. Only to get a fucking fairy on juice haha!
Speak for yourself. I didn't think the 19th man for the Roosters in the GF the year previous was going to come here and be the next Civo or Webcke. I thought he would be a solid front rower. I was way off.

Could he try the Warnie ‘my mum gave it to me’ excuse

It’s no excuse.

My coach gave it to me.
I didn’t know.
My drink was spiked.
My doctor said.

None of them sit well, nor should they. You sit through the course you have the education, you fail a Test you can’t plead ignorance.

You can plead it all you like. What I'm asking, which seems to be what you are confirming, is that they run with extreme prejudice. To me, a spiked drink, is a completely different thing to those other ones. Spiked drink = zero control. The rest, it's a choice made.

The my drink was spiked is an easy out as how can you prove it wasn’t.

The my drink was spiked is an easy out as how can you prove it wasn’t.

I don't doubt the valid reasons. I just find it incredible that they would go in with a list of reasons they will flat out deny without a hearing first.

You can plead it all you like. What I'm asking, which seems to be what you are confirming, is that they run with extreme prejudice. To me, a spiked drink, is a completely different thing to those other ones. Spiked drink = zero control. The rest, it's a choice made.

If you accept my drink was spiked you might as well stop testing; everyone caught will say it.

The only case I’ve seen is ISC Maafu and he still had to serve a reduced sentence with overwhelming evidence. Not too many are going to have footage.

While having social beers at a Brisbane pub a few nights before the Redcliffe match, one of Maafu’s “friends” spiked his drink with ecstasy.
There was CCTV evidence of the act and the friend, who was on probation at the time, eventually owned up to it.
He would later tell Maafu the drink spike was a practical joke gone wrong.
Maafu, now 23, originally faced a two-year ban from the game.
But on appeal to ASADA the sentence was reduced to 15 months after they found Maafu was not aware of taking the drug.
“If it was a practical joke, it wasn’t very funny,” Maafu said of the incident.
“There was security camera footage of the guy putting the ecstasy in my drink. I had a lot of evidence in my favour including witnesses and character references.
“I don’t know why he did it. For some stupid reason I guess.
“I thought I would get off to be honest because I didn’t do it. But they said you had ecstasy in your system we can’t just ignore it.”

https://m.qt.com.au/news/most-men-would-have-quit-sport-ipswich/855173/

I don't doubt the valid reasons. I just find it incredible that they would go in with a list of reasons they will flat out deny without a hearing first.

You have a certain amount of time to appeal. Go for your life!

Wow, 15 months for a prank by your dickhead mate. Need these guys in the criminal courts

If you accept my drink was spiked you might as well stop testing; everyone caught will say it.

The only case I’ve seen is ISC Maafu and he still had to serve a reduced sentence with overwhelming evidence. Not too many are going to have footage.

While having social beers at a Brisbane pub a few nights before the Redcliffe match, one of Maafu’s “friends” spiked his drink with ecstasy.
There was CCTV evidence of the act and the friend, who was on probation at the time, eventually owned up to it.
But on appeal to ASADA the sentence was reduced to 15 months after they found Maafu was not aware of taking the drug.
“There was security camera footage of the guy putting the ecstasy in my drink. I had a lot of evidence in my favour including witnesses and character references.
“I thought I would get off to be honest because I didn’t do it. But they said you had ecstasy in your system we can’t just ignore it.”

And you find this as fair and reasonable? 15 months for something he had no control over, and that's ok?

Speak for yourself. I didn't think the 19th man for the Roosters in the GF the year previous was going to come here and be the next Civo or Webcke. I thought he would be a solid front rower. I was way off.
Haha! Lies, he was one of the best young props in the NRL coming through when he signed for the broncos. Everyone was excited, maybe you were the only one.

Goodness me, that's a disgrace! Why didn't Maafu challenge? You can't suspend someone for 15 months for something they didn't do, that's an absolute disgrace. People get off for murder because of stupid technicalities, while this guy, who can prove his innocence, has to serve more time than some others who are proven guilty of murder anyway.

To be honest if I was an elite sportsperson and wanted to get on it I would ask my friend to spike my drink while I'm in the toilet and to make sure the act was caught on camera.

Goodness me, that's a disgrace! Why didn't Maafu challenge? You can't suspend someone for 15 months for something they didn't do, that's an absolute disgrace. People get off for murder because of stupid technicalities, while this guy, who can prove his innocence, has to serve more time than some others who are proven guilty of murder anyway.

No doubt it plain sucks but there is a failed A and B sample and it’s in your system.

He did his time and has been back playing ISC he was at Eels too but never got a run.

My point Nikorima is going to struggle with my drink was spiked.

Last edited:
Never understood the whole drink spike thing.... shits to expensive to go dropping it in someone else's bloody drink!

No doubt it plain sucks but there is a failed A and B sample and it’s in your system.

He did his time and has been back playing ISC he was at Eels too but never got a run.

My point Nikorima is going to struggle with my drink was spiked.

I have to say I agree with Nashy, if that was the decision of the tribunal, it was simply wrong. I would run his case every day of the week and twice on Sunday and I would take it to every level of appeal open to me with the evidence he had available to him. That decision was morally and legally wrong.

What you are implying is that it is a strict liability system, that is, if you have the stuff in your system and it is picked up in a test you are gone. Even in strict liability scenario the prosecution would have to prove a guilty mind (mens rea), and Maafu did not have it. If this defence is good enough for someone facing possession of heroin charges (and a life sentence) to get off, it should be good enough for a sports tribunal (see He Kawh Teh v The Queen).

I guess it depends on which drug he was caught with matches the first time. But seriously... spiked drink? That would almost certainly be a frame job.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Lurker
  • The Strapper
  • Financeguy
  • john1420
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Bish
  • Mister Wright
  • Tim K
  • Swordfish
  • Brocko
  • Sproj
  • broncotville
  • Wolfie
  • davidp
  • jarro65
  • Foordy
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.