State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010

00069524-Photo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Wow at the difference in his legs, his left is twice the size.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I think that's the biggest hurdle now, getting the balance and strength back.

I think hurdles would be too intense on his ankle TBH. I should know, I worked for a hurdler in the Olympics once.

/Robyn

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
oh and by the way I am only reporting what I saw, I have no inside info or anything. The pic of him training is encouraging to say the least. I hope he takes his time and doesn't rush the comeback (if it happens)....wasn't someone saying a while back that they thought he was a centre long term anyway....I and every other Broncos fan wants to see Yippee Yi Yo Yow Yeh back!!!!!

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Would love to be there the game he comes back.

Would be awesome if the crowd got behind him running on the field and started a huge Yow Yeh chant. The guy would certainly deserve it.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I really admire the way Jharal has handled his recovery. I haven't seen any signs of him moping (if you follow him on Twitter he's forever out visiting country areas, schools, sponsors, whatever). Despite the setbacks in his recover, and the extra surgeries, he's never seemed to drop his head or feel sorry for himself. At least not outwardly.

To me that makes it all the more a pity that he may never be the same player again, because he's got the absolute best attitude.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Would love to be there the game he comes back.

Would be awesome if the crowd got behind him running on the field and started a huge Yow Yeh chant. The guy would certainly deserve it.

LOL Broncos fans chanting anything at all.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I really admire the way Jharal has handled his recovery. I haven't seen any signs of him moping (if you follow him on Twitter he's forever out visiting country areas, schools, sponsors, whatever). Despite the setbacks in his recover, and the extra surgeries, he's never seemed to drop his head or feel sorry for himself. At least not outwardly.

To me that makes it all the more a pity that he may never be the same player again, because he's got the absolute best attitude.

Yep, it would kill me to see him not play again. The guy seems to want to be there 100% of the time and seems to have massive pride in the jersey too.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I'll even make the Rally Towel noise for you.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
It's a damn shame that something like this happens to a kid with a top notch attitude like Jharal, when there's plenty of fucktards running around out there, doing their best to ruin their careers, yet getting chance after chance after chance.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
1 of 2 things will happen with Jharal:

He will concede defeat and announce his retirement, which in my opinion, will be one of the more devastating moments in the history of the code, and easily the Broncos biggest. He is a superstar and was, up until his injury, on his way to becoming one of the best wingers Rugby League has produced.

The opposite end of the spectrum, he will return and play close to his best. He won't go at it half baked. That's not who he is. He'll either be 100% confident or won't play at all. If he does come back, he will be 100% confident, and he'll play like the freak he always was. The moment he runs the length of the field and scores a try, both the Broncos fans and the opposition fans will be rapturous. I'm willing to bet the opposition team will celebrate like it was them that just scored as well.

I pray to the Football Gods that it's the latter that happens, but I must admit, I'm starting to be very concerned.

redbur95

redbur95

QCup Player
Feb 17, 2013
Look, just because he hasn't come back yet doesn't mean that he could retire. He's slowly improving. In December, all he could really do at training was a hell of a lot of work on the bike, some punching bag drills and some light jogging. Now, according to the Broncos' photo galleries, he's doing more intense training with the rest of the team, such as light contact work and bomb-catching.

He's making a slow recovery, but it's a recovery nonetheless. It's now been more than a year since that awful day in Perth, but I don't see any indication whatsoever that he will retire. If anyone can come back from that injury, it's Jharal.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
is yow yeh playing q cup this weekend or is that just a rumour going round? seems odd to spread that rumour

Last edited:
Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Jharal Yow Yeh will return to rugby league tomorrow after 13 months on the injured list. Plays Fogs Cup for Norths at bishop park. - Chris Garry (CM journo) via twitter

Outstanding news

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Aldo
  • Hoof Hearted
  • bb_gun
  • Manlyman
  • Bucking Beads
  • FACTHUNT
  • Alec
  • Fatboy
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • davidp
  • Dash
  • Battler
  • Galah
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.