Jharal Yow Yeh injury update thread

I have said it from the start, I don't think he will ever play again. (I hope I am wrong)

He was on the field with the boys during the warm up for the Cowboys match. He tried to run but didn't seem to be able to get out of 3rd gear. It looked really bad. Will be a real shame if he can't come back....I hope he still can.
I don't know- I was watching him too and thought he was OK considering he was in jeans and dress shoes. Obviously, he wasn't "running" as such but I thought he was moving alright. Here's hoping.

Absolute tragedy if his career is over, reminds me of a player named Danny Bampton in late 90's who looked a gun centre before injury destroyed his career.

Yow yeh was fast becoming my fav bronco, we really miss that size and speed he brought to the backline.

Where did all this talk of his career being over come from? It's going to be a long time before he comes back, but he's coming back. If he knew he wasn't going to make it in rugby league, he would have given up already. If anyone on here has watched him train, they would agree with me that no one is trying harder than him. His determination to come back this year is incredible. He's definitely not going to call it quits any time soon.

Yeah, I think he'll definitely be back playing. I can't see him leaping 5 feet into the air anymore, but I can't see him quitting either.. He'll take a while building up his confidence again, it probably won't be instantaneous.

I don't think he is a hope in hell of playing first grade again but I hope he proves me wrong. He had become such a great winger, with no injury he would be the best winger in the game right now. Just shattering that a player could get such an injury and never play again.

I don't think he is a hope in hell of playing first grade again but I hope he proves me wrong. He had become such a great winger, with no injury he would be the best winger in the game right now. Just shattering that a player could get such an injury and never play again.

I'm not having a go but how do you or anyone else know that he won't be playing again? There is no way in hell that could be known right now. The only thing that is known is there is probably zero chance of him being a winger again but doesn't mean that he can't become a centre or into the backrow etc.

I find it staggering that a year after his injury that people can make claims of 'he will never play again' like they are his surgeon or club doctor

I guess people are coming to conclusions based on players in history who looked the goods, only to never return to what they once were from injury. On the scale of things, Yow Yeh is right up there with a very sickening injury.

It will be massive if he can overcome it both physically and mentally.

I'm not having a go but how do you or anyone else know that he won't be playing again? There is no way in hell that could be known right now. The only thing that is known is there is probably zero chance of him being a winger again but doesn't mean that he can't become a centre or into the backrow etc.

I find it staggering that a year after his injury that people can make claims of 'he will never play again' like they are his surgeon or club doctor

Opinions are like Arseholes. Everyone has one.

Opinions are like Arseholes. Everyone has one.

I was asking you a question. Why are you always so defensive? You never answer a question and always go straight to the defensive or a flippant comment, why?

I was asking you a question. Why are you always so defensive? You never answer a question and always go straight to the defensive or a flippant comment, why?

I have no way of knowing whether or not Yow Yeh will play again. Saying he won't play again is simply my opinion which isn't an informed one. It was the worst injury I have seen in the NRL and given the amount of surgery it needed and the amount of setbacks he has had I think it will be a miracle if he plays NRL again.

I am not sure whether he will come back to the NRL but he will definitely come back into the Qcup and most likely as a centre with a view of this now being his long term position in the NRL if he makes it back.
I wish him luck because it will take a lot to bounce back from this injury and more importantly the mental demons. I think mentally the challenge will be slightly less coming back in the centres where he does not have to leap.

The only similar injury I've seen was Scott Prince. his wasn't as bad, but it took 12 months to get back, and he cracked the leg again, and took another year to get right. Then he took a whole season to get back to his best.

it's only just 12 months since yow yeh's injury. we all need patience.

I am nervous for him though.

Maybe he might play again, noticed in the training pics today "Jharal Yow Yeh running onto a ball" which seems to have all his weight on his right, looking good. I can't imagine he'd have anywhere near the pace he used to though and there is always the thought running through his head every time a bomb is put up.

00069524-Photo.jpg

It's a personal opinion and not based on any psychological training at all, but Yow Yeh, doesn't seem to have the personality where his injury will stop him going 100%.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Mighty Bronx
  • cento
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.